Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23647 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

How Christian bale could return as Bruce Wayne

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Although we won't see Christian Bale suit up again, most fans will appreciate some connection between Nolan's trilogy and this new set of DC films. Possibly Joseph Gordon-Levitt taking up the mantle as Robin Blake or in a Batman Beyond scenario, have an aged Bruce Wayne, played by Bale, mentoring the new Batman. If, of course they could fit this into the storyline.I remember their was a episode in Justice League Unlimited when they went back into the future and saw the Old Bruce and the new Batman(Batman Beyond) This could definitely into the storyline...After they've built the DCU of course

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

He said he said he is not coming back.

So did Nolan.

Its over, i liked this trilogy, he is my favorite actor but is over is time to move on.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Avatar image for masterdetective
    MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad he leaved

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I don't want them to link the continuity of Man of Steel and the Nolan Trilogy in any way. It happened, I loved it, but its done. Time to move on.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flameboy298: The rumors point we are getting a Beyond movie.

Its a good thing, but i would never want to see John Blake, Dick or any of this a Batman.

I can see Terry but that thanks for how he did things.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahh I was just tossing the idea around as many fans are mad by Christian Bale not returning

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I kind of never want to see John Blake again since existence turned out to be a nut punch to any Robin fans who watched TDKR.

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: agreed.

The best thing to come from the new movie will be that people will finally realize that Nolan's Batman is done.

Christian Bale should have a cameo appearance as the first innocent bystander to get killed by the villain. We should start a thread: "How should Christian Bale die in the new movie?" My vote would be "Crushed to death by falling debris."

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you ask people on the street if they liked christian bale as batman 9/10 and maybe even 10/10 would say yes. The movies were critically acclaimed and made billions. They only people I've ever seen hate them were people on comic vine. But anyway I like this idea but sadly it probably won't hapen

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bale was the best live action Batman to date and he did a great job but he said he won't be coming back for the role. I think its time for a new Batman.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean as cool as it sound, having Bale in the movie even as a cameo would hurt the New Batman, i mean is having a trilogy Oscar Winner Batman with a new guy, that would be unfair to the other guy.

Also since he is going to be with Superman it could end with the fact they looks too ridiculous on screen together, since Nolan Batman is set to live in a reallistic world without superpowers and Snyder Superman is set in a realistic world with superpowers, aliens and sci fi type technology.

I kind of never want to see John Blake again since existence turned out to be a nut punch to any Robin fans who watched TDKR.

For me it looks only Dick Grayson fans are pissed off for the fact is pretty damn clear he is not Dick Grayson.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Tim Drake Fans are pissed because he is never going to be in movies and Jason Todd fans are always pissed, thats the charm of being a Jason Todd fan.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Tim Drake Fans are pissed because he is never going to be in movies and Jason Todd fans are always pissed, thats the charm of being a Jason Todd fan.

lol

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: Dick Grayson fans have a right to be pissed since his last appearance on film was in one of the worst movies of all time and OK I agree about Jason Todd fans, tho still better than Stephanie Brown fans those guys are just sad, sad people.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: I think Nolan did a great job with Blake, he was going to be in just one movie so he combined Dick, Jason and Tim into one person and named him Robin.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: As a Robin fan Nolan already had me a bit upset given the fact that every time he and Bale mentioned the subject they acted like Robin was the dumbest thing ever. It was my one point of contention with those 2 working on Batman movies.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I don't want Bale back anyway. His depiction of Batman was one of the weaknesses of the Nolan trilogy, especially in Begins and Rises. Besides Bale has explicitly stated that he and Nolan have finished with his films. And Nolan's Batman doesn't fit into the DC Cinematic Universe that is being made now.

Avatar image for kapitein_zeppos
    kapitein_zeppos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe we could pick an actor who has the same voice timbre as Kevin Conroy and actually sounds intimidating when he does the "bat-voice" ?

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe said:

@deathpoolthet1000: Dick Grayson fans have a right to be pissed since his last appearance on film was in one of the worst movies of all time and OK I agree about Jason Todd fans, tho still better than Stephanie Brown fans those guys are just sad, sad people.

Wait, Stephanie Brown has a fanbase?

I mean she had to be one of the most ridiculous characters in the Batman mythology, i mean Tim Drake, Jason Todd and Dick Grayson made some type of sense, but she never made any sense it looks she was another infamous case of put a costume that will give you powers and skills bad plot writting.

I mean i get her origin, but lets face it, she was the weaker Robin and Batgirl ever, it never looks she wish to be a hero.

I mean she was never that good, then Batman fires her because its obvious from her origin she knew nothing about the job and people got mad because writer were biased against her.

Well that argument works for Jason, but not for Stephanie.

I mean Robin is Batman son, she was never Batman daugther and there was nothing going in on with this two, many people got angry because DC decide to kill her like they did with Jason, even when Jason was killed because he wasnt Dick Grayson, Stephanie was killed for the fact she never worked in the Batman world.

I mean all the thing people say it was, she was a normal typical person, the main problem is that so it was Jason and both came from the same place the low streets of Gotham, but Jason learn to be smart and how to actually fight on the streets, from all the Robins he must be the one with the worst skill set, still he understand fighting and his work enough to face people better that him and take them down, Tim Drake has better skills that Jason and got his ass kicked by him, he has gone in fights with Batman itself and know how to use Batman emotions against him.

They give to her all the chances they could, they never did that to Jason, i mean it take ages for Jason to be back from the grave, Stephanie was back in months, they kicked Cassandra Cain and give her the Batgirl costume and it was obvious it was to big for her.

They can bring her back, but she should stay away from Gotham and the Batfamily for her own good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The op said that he knows he's not returning, this is just an idea and its actually a cool one. And once again all I'm seeing is hate from viners.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

I read the title of this forum topic with out opening it and thought:

More Money

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Breadspread

@jayc1324: @flameboy298: Don't get me wrong guys, I liked Bale. I like Nolan's Batman, 2/3’s of it anyway... I just want to leave it be, let it finish with Rising and move forward. My rant was more about how I don't want the Bale or JGL in the new movie.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flameboy298: I haven't seen The Lone Ranger... I think the only movie I seen Hammer in is The Social Network... his performance in that was ok... kinda flat, but the whole movie is like that.

His look could work but they'd have to toughen him up a bit. Does he have a good snarl?

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breadspread: Lol Snarl?I dont know I haven't seen any of his movies to me he looks the while,but can he act it?I just hope they're wise with casting,I know people are still butt hurt over losing Christian Bale.I'd want Karl Urban He looks like the ideal Bruce Wayne but he's 41....I think they should be aiming for someone around Cavil's age

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flameboy298: I want Urban too, but if they want to cast someone around Cavil's age then Richard Madden could be great.

tec79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like Michael Fassbender to play Batman.Superman is 33, Fassbender would be the right age for an established Batman who could also be an excellent Bruce Wayne in future solo films.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.