How Can Batman Beat Thor?

• 71 results
#1 Posted by 8PackMan (30 posts) - - Show Bio

What are some thought out ways Batman could defeat Thor? Not BS fanboy ways like "he'll just bat-kick him in the face", but a serious strategy. I was in a discussion and presented the idea of an inertia machine; being able to manipulate inertia would be able to stop The Hulk, Superman, Dr. Manhattan, Molecule Man and others. I'm not that knowledgeable on Thor, however, for Thor I was thinking of Batman sending the entire place of Asgard into the phantom zone; what is another way Batman could beat Thor? Thanks for your help.
#2 Posted by LordMaverick (5188 posts) - - Show Bio

if he wears the antin-monitor armour that superboy had............................

#3 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

There isn't enough prep-time in the world to save Batman from Thor, lol

#4 Posted by entropy_aegis (13616 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe he could use the same device he used on Wonder Woman? but honestly that's the only thing i can think of right now.

#5 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Use the Insider armor, activate Speed-Force and Super-Strength mode, knock Mjolnir from Thor's hand, pick it up and beat the hell out of Thor with it. Short of that, he'd need something like Apokoliptian tech or, as entryopy_aegis said, the device he used on Diana.

And for the record, Batman could wield Mjolnir. Don't even try to argue that.

#6 Edited by Billy Batson (56922 posts) - - Show Bio

We will just have to wait for the movie :P

#7 Posted by SC (11960 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, well thought ideas on how Batman can beat Thor are like well though ideas on how a person can defeat a Grizzly Bear. Not so much about what they can do one on one, and everything to do with where they are and what they want to achieve and why? Batman won't look at Thor, he'll look at everything else, the environment, his goal, Thor's goal, so on. So given such an open context... Batman exploits the context of a situation. Befriending him would probably be the best way. Like Cap did! lol

#8 Edited by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
lol not sure sending Asgard into the phantom zone would do much sir. I'm pretty sure either Odin or Thor with the use of Mjolnir could send it right back to where it was. Both have shown the ability to transport from dimension to dimension with ease.
#9 Posted by where4artthoucarlos (246 posts) - - Show Bio

he can quickly make a strategy to get the hammer, and use the powers himself, plus hasn't captain america, an on-par combatant with batman, actually been able to stand up to thor

#10 Posted by Nefarious (17622 posts) - - Show Bio

With a lot of prep and a lot of assistance.

#11 Posted by oldgum (322 posts) - - Show Bio

How can Cap beat Thor, similarly.

#12 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@oldgum said:
How can Cap beat Thor, similarly.
Cap has to hope Thor drops Mjolnir (or catches it on a throw) and then proceed to go to town on the Odinson with the Hammer.
#13 Posted by Icon (2044 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:
There isn't enough prep-time in the world to save Batman from Thor, lol
#14 Posted by Sydpart2 (1088 posts) - - Show Bio

I really think the same weapon he used on Wonder Woman is the best bet here, I really think that'd work on Thor and he obviously has access to it...now I'm not sure how that'd work as far as making it goes, and ya know getting it to effect Thor. Now that I think of it, Scare Crow's fear gas does have the ability to effect Kryptonians (don't think Thor would be much stronger in that area) so maybe the same way he took down Aquaman would work, only making Thor afraid of his hammer instead...

#15 Posted by 8PackMan (30 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis: What is the device he used to beat Wonder Woman called?
#16 Posted by entropy_aegis (13616 posts) - - Show Bio
@8PackMan said:
@entropy_aegis: What is the device he used to beat Wonder Woman called?
I don't know,but it gave Wonder the impression she was fighting her equal in combat for eternity.Bat's designed it keeping her warriors mentality in mind.
#17 Posted by Andy Steven Summers (4987 posts) - - Show Bio

He picks up a cellphone, dials Clark's number. Seconds later Superman shows up ready to help out.

#18 Posted by The Sadhu (853 posts) - - Show Bio

All he has to do is walk up and say... "I'm Batman!" 

Batman wins!
#19 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

He could beat Thor, sure.  All he'd have to do is call Superman and Martian Manhunter and ask them to do it.

#20 Posted by SC (11960 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor can't beat what he can't touch, and what he can't touch, is woah, woah, woah.  Stop. Vaseline time! 

#21 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a hope in hell.

#22 Posted by SC (11960 posts) - - Show Bio
@azza04 said:
Not a hope in hell.

You forget that Batman has Tanit Phoenix's Wonder Woman audition tape. If he manages to make Thor hear it, Thor will thrash his own head with his own hammer to make the pain stop. 
#23 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

Touche my friend, Touche. I had not considered the possibility of using that audition tape as an offensive weapon. 

I think you have cracked it. This is how to beat Thor!

#24 Posted by PowerHerc (78172 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman can beat Thor by tricking/getting Odin on his side.
#25 Posted by lorex (928 posts) - - Show Bio

He could use some sort Wayne Corp technology to transfer his mind into Superman's body and fight Thor on equal terms.

#26 Posted by CATPANEXE (9366 posts) - - Show Bio

he could use some means to convince Thor that a different religion is the relevant, correct and only one, like say Christianity, causing Thor to disbelieve himself out of existence.
in a less wacky means, he could use a similar tactic to make Thor believe his own powers were diminished, and/or Batmans increased just as Nighthawk did to defeat Hyperion.

#27 Posted by Bruce27 (494 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure if he could, but if there is a way you gotta believe he'd figure it out.

#28 Posted by iaconpoint (889 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman could beat the Hulk who could beat Superman and Thor. Superman vs. Thor would be a wash depending on who was having a better day. Batman vs. Cap would also be a wash depending on who was having a better day. Batman even has Darkseid figured out. But I don't think he could beat Thor. No amount of planning or gadgetry or brains can stop Thor once he calls down the thunder and lightning. He doesn't have a single weakness like say, kryptonite or a "god bullet". It takes either similar powers or pure strength to beat Thor and as great as Batman is, he has neither. 

#29 Posted by blueblast100 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Sadhu: that is the best answer

#30 Posted by nickzambuto (11427 posts) - - Show Bio

@CATPANEXE said:

he could use some means to convince Thor that a different religion is the relevant, correct and only one, like say Christianity, causing Thor to disbelieve himself out of existence.

#31 Posted by The Stegman (20737 posts) - - Show Bio

He could call Superman

#32 Posted by Twentyfive (2405 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

He could call Superman

I think you and I can be friends.

#33 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC said:

Thor can't beat what he can't touch, and what he can't touch, is woah, woah, woah. Stop. Vaseline time!

LMAO

#34 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

If death is the condition to win this fight

#35 Posted by tomdickharry1984 (830 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman!!! Why? Coz he Batman :)

#36 Posted by FuZySLiPeRz (71 posts) - - Show Bio

He cant..theres no way he can..

...ughh someone please lock this thread

#37 Posted by JonSmith (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

Upgrade Insider suit with highly concentrated and altered fear gas release valves. Rig area with similar gas. Lure Thor. Rig gas to cause fear of Mjolnir. Once separated, Thor will attempt to retreat from Mjolnir. Without Mjolnir, flight, thunder and lightning, earthquake abilities neutralized. For further incapacitation, acquire Wonder Woman's lasso. For a threat of this magnitude, acquisition should not be a problem. Use to restrain frightened Thor. Tie up feet first, otherwise will be dragged. Thor will grab lasso in attempt to swing free. Use momentum to wrap lasso around and tie tight. Utilize knot tying lessons learned from Clark. Should be unbreakable. Once hence restrained, move to secure location (NOT BATCAVE) for experimentation. Thousands of weapons gathered from enemies, aliens, and friends available. One of them should work to knock out Thor, provided Lasso holds.

#38 Posted by Tyrus (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

GOOD. I'm glad nobody here said "If Batman took down Superman, then he can take on Thor too"...

#39 Posted by samuel_larson_10 (283 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

Upgrade Insider suit with highly concentrated and altered fear gas release valves. Rig area with similar gas. Lure Thor. Rig gas to cause fear of Mjolnir. Once separated, Thor will attempt to retreat from Mjolnir. Without Mjolnir, flight, thunder and lightning, earthquake abilities neutralized. For further incapacitation, acquire Wonder Woman's lasso. For a threat of this magnitude, acquisition should not be a problem. Use to restrain frightened Thor. Tie up feet first, otherwise will be dragged. Thor will grab lasso in attempt to swing free. Use momentum to wrap lasso around and tie tight. Utilize knot tying lessons learned from Clark. Should be unbreakable. Once hence restrained, move to secure location (NOT BATCAVE) for experimentation. Thousands of weapons gathered from enemies, aliens, and friends available. One of them should work to knock out Thor, provided Lasso holds.

whether the fear gas would affect him is debatable, even if it did the moment Thor saw the gas he would hold his breath (he doesn't need to breath) then thor's faster than light speed movement would incapacitate batman in a blow that can literally destroy planets. The only way batman would win is if he went and found a green lantern ring, then it's a maybe

#40 Posted by CrimsonCake (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tyrus said:

GOOD. I'm glad nobody here said "If Batman took down Superman, then he can take on Thor too"...

ABC logic at it's finest.

The insider suit is the only way I think batman can beat him,or he could just as another mentioned call superman.

#41 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

The only way he could beat Thor is to give him a back massage then a happy ending.

#42 Posted by Sophisticated_Ignorance (82 posts) - - Show Bio

Theres a couple of people Batman actually can't beat.even with prep.Thors one of them.

#43 Edited by lorex (928 posts) - - Show Bio

A million fan boys jump on Thor at the same time and crush him. Seriously though any fight between between Thor and Batman would probable be like in the Avengers movie where Thor and Iron Man fought. Batmans gagets would keep him in the battle for a while
but eventually Thor would make contact and that would be all she wrote cause Batmen would be dead.

#44 Posted by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

By acquiring the aid of Superman.

#45 Posted by Teerack (4549 posts) - - Show Bio

He would make him doubt himself mentally and become unworthy of his hammer. Similar to what he did to Green Lantern in justice league doom.

#46 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

He's Batman

#47 Posted by Blackestnight (640 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor would destroy Batman. Thor would beat Superman too because Thor is super man with weapons and no weaknesses.

#48 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

he cant.

#49 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15915 posts) - - Show Bio

batman dies a tragic death

#50 Posted by OmegaRed86 (504 posts) - - Show Bio

Easy. Pay the Marvel writers to job to him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.