Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

HELP WITH NOTABLE BATMAN CREATORS AT WIKIPEDIA

DanDud88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok so im trying to edit this page of wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Batman_creators), Im hoping someone with the knowledge I'm seeking will help me out here.

All I need is someone to help fill in the information Im missing and help me make a complete table.

Also, I appear to have dug myself a hole I can't get out of. In my haste to make sure writers were credited for the characters they created I might have over added them. I should perhaps only add characters of notable importance, but as Im not the worlds biggest Batfan, I don't know who to keep and who to remove and who to add.

Thank you in advance.

D. Dudley.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

A lot of those GCPD characters, particularly in the Brubaker and Dixon sections, are really minor and have no presence to speak of in the Batman universe. There's a lot of other super-obscure villains mixed in as well. Scott Snyder's section is empty, he created Harper Row/Bluebird, the Court of Owls and Lincoln March.

Also Devin Grayson hasn't been writing any Batman-related stuff for nearly a decade now, so the "currently the only ongoing female/non-heterosexual Batman writer" isn't accurate.

nobodyisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By nobodyisemo

Plus, Devin Grayson dated Mark Waid in the early 2000's, so the non-heterosexual thing is hardly viable. Grant Morrison's should include Batman Incorporated and all of the rest of his run. I agree that you should add to Scott Snyder, The Black Mirror, Court of Owls, Death of the Family, Zero Year, etc.. It's great that you have nearly every Batman-related character included, I don't think you should remove any.

devitciiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By devitciiu

This is a serious project. There's a lot that needs to be fixed. I need time to adequately determine what is missing.

Off the top of my head, there are way too many characters listed under Brubaker and Dixon compared to the rest. If a character doesn't have a wiki page then they probably aren't worth mentioning.

The Gardner Fox section should be expanded. It's missing his Golden Age Detective Comics work.

Neil Gaiman is probably not necessary, he only wrote 2 issues and they really don't get referenced that much (not saying they are bad but they aren't really significant).

DanDud88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For those wondering why the first few entries Brubaker, Dini and Dixon, have more entries than the others. It's because im going down the list adding names and titles from the DC comics wiki pages (http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page). But then i noticed that they had created characters and I need to cut it down to "notable characters only".

DanDud88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a serious project. There's a lot that needs to be fixed. I need time to adequately determine what is missing.

Off the top of my head, there are way too many characters listed under Brubaker and Dixon compared to the rest. If a character doesn't have a wiki page then they probably aren't worth mentioning.

The Gardner Fox section should be expanded. It's missing his Golden Age Detective Comics work.

Neil Gaiman is probably not necessary, he only wrote 2 issues and they really don't get referenced that much (not saying they are bad but they aren't really significant).

Have you had enough time yet? Thank you in advance.

devitciiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

@dandud88 said:

@devitciiu said:

Have you had enough time yet? Thank you in advance.

Like I said it's a big project so be prepared for a lot of work. For writers:

Some thoughts. For Gardner Fox, his Golden age contribution on Detective Comics was 1939, scripting Batman's origin story and his first super villains (Dr. Death and the Monk). In the silver age he also created Clue Master and Blockbuster.

David Vern Reed was on 1950-56, and 1975 - he created Deadshot. He also wrote "Where Were You on the Night Batman Was Killed?" one of the big 70's Batman stories a four-part arc offering multiple-choice takes on the death of Batman.

Gerry Conway 1980-83 for both Batman and Detective Comics and created Killer Croc and Jason Todd

Jim Starlin 1988 created KGBeast, but more importantly wrote Death in the Family, 10 Nights of the Beast, Batman the Cult

Greg Rucka add Nyssa Raatko and Crispus Allen for characters

Judd Winick 2004-2006 Batman writer, wrote under the hood (used for the animated movie of the same name)

For scott snyder Detective Comics The Black Mirror, Batman Gates of Gotham, Batman Court Of Owls, City of Owls, Death of the Family, Zero Year

DanDud88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you so much devitciiu, thats the most help i have recived since I started editing that page.

DanDud88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anymore? Thanks.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.