Help identifying a villain?

#1 Edited by whatisdelicious (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, so I can't remember in which novel or where I remember seeing this guy, but he was just this average nobody who just wanted to kill Batman for basically no reason, which is why he's so dangerous. Batman would never suspect him and would never know when he'd strike. I don't remember him playing a big part in whatever he was in; I just remember thinking that he was actually kind of terrifying and feeling some genuine pity and fear for Batman's life, that this guy is planning to kill him just to kill him and there's almost no way he could see it coming.

That's all I remember about him, and twenty minutes on Google has turned up nothing. Anybody know who I'm talking about?

#2 Posted by Saren (26874 posts) - - Show Bio

The description is quite vague, but I thought of Onomatopoeia for some reason:

#3 Posted by nightwing91 (3893 posts) - - Show Bio

More descriptive if at all possible, did he utilize any sort of gimmick? Lots of his foes have struck at Batman from a distance.

#4 Posted by entropy_aegis (16024 posts) - - Show Bio

@whatisdelicious said:

Okay, so I can't remember in which novel or where I remember seeing this guy, but he was just this average nobody who just wanted to kill Batman for basically no reason, which is why he's so dangerous. Batman would never suspect him and would never know when he'd strike. I don't remember him playing a big part in whatever he was in; I just remember thinking that he was actually kind of terrifying and feeling some genuine pity and fear for Batman's life, that this guy is planning to kill him just to kill him and there's almost no way he could see it coming.

That's all I remember about him, and twenty minutes on Google has turned up nothing. Anybody know who I'm talking about?

You'll have to be more specific.

#5 Posted by ReVamp (23014 posts) - - Show Bio

Kill him for no reason? Could it be Wrath?

#6 Posted by whatisdelicious (8 posts) - - Show Bio

GOT IT.

Okay, it's The Innocent Guy. I remember reading him in The Killing Joke and thinking, "Jesus, this guy's scary." I even watched a couple people on YouTube perform his monologue. But it was just hard to describe him now because that's kind of the whole point of him.

But anyway, thanks for the help, guys. In telling me to be more specific, I had to keep thinking up new ways to describe him and eventually landed on the right ones.

#7 Posted by ReVamp (23014 posts) - - Show Bio

@whatisdelicious: Cool. He's not really a villain, but I'm happy you found him.

#8 Posted by Billy Batson (59274 posts) - - Show Bio

oh yeah I remember this guy.
BB

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.