Has Batman owned all Green Lanterns of Earth?

#1 Posted by kgb725 (5896 posts) - - Show Bio

has bruce owned most of the lanterns before

#2 Edited by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

The five?

Guy Gardner: recieved the iconic epic One Punch!, and later got revenge. Kind of even

Hal Jordan: One Punch!ed Batman during GL: Rebirth (I think). Plus, got half-owned in the non-canon All Star. Even again.

Jon Stewart: ?

Kyle Rayner: ?

Alan Scott: ?

Jade: ?

#3 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84530 posts) - - Show Bio

Short answer, no.

Moderator Online
#4 Posted by InfamousFish (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope

#5 Posted by inchiso (147 posts) - - Show Bio

i have seen bats using yellow stuff but not sure which lantern

#6 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12518 posts) - - Show Bio

Only the two who were ballsy enough to get in his face in the first place.

#7 Posted by End_Boss (725 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure if the question refers to him "owning" (in the internet way) the various Green Lanterns, or if you mean to ask whether or not he has, at some point, been in possession of every variety of ring. If the latter, the answer is no. If the former, the answer is also no and this is a silly thread.

#8 Posted by batshrine (969 posts) - - Show Bio

In Green Lantern has Batman one upped Baz? And if so, is that what sparked the idea that Batman has trumped every Human GL?

#9 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman has pwned Guy, which was well deserved. He and Hal are now on even footing, after the Rebirth and subsequent retribution. I like to think that Batman does not get along with any of the GLs, as his main aspect is inspiring fear, and they have the ability to overcome it. This is not to say that either character is better than another, they are just different. Both characters show what it is to embody the human spirit, coincidentally, by showing the sheer will humanity possesses.

#10 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course not, the Green Lanterns are Geoff Johns' pets, and he hates Batman. If Batman had owned any of them, Geoff would undo that at the quickest opportunity.

Oh wait, he already did.

#11 Posted by entropy_aegis (14239 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

The five?

Guy Gardner: recieved the iconic epic One Punch!, and later got revenge. Kind of even

Hal Jordan: One Punch!ed Batman during GL: Rebirth (I think). Plus, got half-owned in the non-canon All Star. Even again.

Jon Stewart: ?

Kyle Rayner: ?

Alan Scott: ?

Jade: ?

He stole Rayner's ring.

#12 Posted by Saren (25279 posts) - - Show Bio

It's unlikely anyone'll find an instance of Batman "owning" Alan Scott, not just because of the latter's power, but because Alan was one of the few people Bruce really looked up to. There's a story called Made of Wood where Bruce's inner monologue admits that Alan is a more selfless hero than Batman ever was, mainly because Alan doesn't have a motive for fighting injustice the way Bruce does. He does it simply because he can. It's also implied near the end that Alan was something like Bruce's favorite superhero during his childhood ------ which I think might have sprung out of that scene in Hush where the young Bruce and Tommy Elliot watch Green Lantern fight Icicle in Metropolis.

Hal one-punched Batman in Rebirth, Bruce returned the favor later on. Bruce's feelings about Hal and his worth were always complicated after Zero Hour, long before Johns took over the book. I don't recall any significant interactions between Bruce and John or Jade. There was this one scene involving Bruce and Kyle in Marz' run that I really liked:

#13 Posted by dondave (34431 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope

#14 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.