Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23621 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Has Batman ever been as confusing as, say, the X-men?

Avatar image for ace_of_spades90
    Ace_Of_Spades90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ace_Of_Spades90

Upon doing some light research, I see that X-Men has so many crossovers, tie-ins, spin-offs, etc. etc. etc. It's enough to scare away a comic newbie. >_>

Batman, in comparison, does not seem that convoluted. In fact, DC comics in general seems to be more focused. Just something I noticed.

Do you agree?

TekTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

yes. marvel tends to do much more confusing crossovers.

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I disagree completely. In fact, other than X-Men or maybe Avengers, Batman has the most crossovers, tie ins, and spin offs.

As far as Marvel and DC as a whole, they are pretty equal as far as tie ins and such go. They both have titles that do it constantly, some that do it a little, and others that dont do it at all.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By PeppeyHare

I disagree completely. In fact, other than X-Men or maybe Avengers, Batman has the most crossovers, tie ins, and spin offs.

As far as Marvel and DC as a whole, they are pretty equal as far as tie ins and such go. They both have titles that do it constantly, some that do it a little, and others that dont do it at all.

This. Don't be scared away from stuff because of events. Just pick up a story and read it

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

@ace_of_spades90: Disagree. Batman is confusing as well. Especially when classic stories are being ruined because of a reboot.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

DC's overall continuity is completely f**ked.

Crisis happened for a reason.

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@redlantern23: I also completely disagree.

I think the x-titled crossovers work really well for the most part, much better than when the Bat-books do a crossover event.

Avatar image for doctorholmes241
    Doctorholmes241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Batman can have confusing events, and the story's can be confusing too, two words:Grant Morrison

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.