Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23537 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Has anyone shot Batman?

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Esquire

Batman is excellent at dodging bullets, but who has been a good enough marksman to shoot him?

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Matchstick

Pretty sure Deadshot got him at one point. 

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By gotwillpower

Police officers in Year One shot him. First, Bruce Wayne (in a thug disguise) gets shot by a trigger-happy cop. Later, (as Batman) he gets shot while running away from the police through an alley.

Maybe these don't count because it was his first year.

fury714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By fury714

Deadshot got him but it was only at the arm or shoulder I think in the New 52 Suicide Squad#1

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Phaedrusgr

He's been shot many times in different animated stories. I can vividly remember three times.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Lvenger

Apparently Deadshot is good enough to kill him but doesn't out of some sort of respect for Batman. Bats has even remarked on it before saying that if Deadshot wanted to kill him he'd have done it already.

Skewer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Skewer

He's been shot a few times but has always survived.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Michael Lane shoots him in Batman #672 

@Lvenger said:

Apparently Deadshot is good enough to kill him but doesn't out of some sort of respect for Batman. Bats has even remarked on it before saying that if Deadshot wanted to kill him he'd have done it already.

This sounds like writer-dodginess/stupidity/bias. It makes no sense that Deadshot, a guy who prides himself on his rep, would just not kill Bats out of respect.
    FiguredOut95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FiguredOut95

@Lvenger said:

What this guy said ^^^

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lvenger

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Lvenger said:

This sounds like writer-dodginess/stupidity/bias. It makes no sense that Deadshot, a guy who prides himself on his rep, would just not kill Bats out of respect.

True but it's happened several times. Batman and Deadshot have both said this. It does conflict with some other instances though. Like when Batman dodges a shot from Deadshot at point blank range and Deadshot sounded like he seriously wanted to shoot Batman but failed to do so.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By entropy_aegis

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Lvenger said:

Deadshot has tagged Batman on multiple occasions,he doesn't go for the kill because subconsciously Batman reminds him of his "perfect and good" older brother whom he killed accidentally.John Ostrander introduced this and Christos Gage fleshed it out.Gail Simone has a contribution as well.I know it sounds corny,I was skeptical myself but these instances were well written and dont necessarily apply to just Batman alone.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lvenger

@entropy_aegis said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Lvenger said:

Deadshot has tagged Batman on multiple occasions,he doesn't go for the kill because subconsciously Batman reminds him of his "perfect and good" older brother whom he killed accidentally.John Ostrander introduced this and Christos Gage fleshed it out.Gail Simone has a contribution as well.I know it sounds corny,I was skeptical myself but these instances were well written and dont necessarily apply to just Batman alone.

Oh is that why? Never seen any scans of that. Just the ones of Batman and Deadshot saying that Deadshot could kill Batman if he wanted to.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Lvenger said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Lvenger said:

Oh is that why? Never seen any scans of that. Just the ones of Batman and Deadshot saying that Deadshot could kill Batman if he wanted to.

Yup,Legends of the Dark Knight #215 and Secret Six #15.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Esquire

@fury714 said:

Deadshot got him but it was only at the arm or shoulder I think in the New 52 Suicide Squad#1

Found the scan:

No Caption Provided
    Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Urban_Ronin

I dont think its canon but....

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Urban_Ronin

And I wanna say he was shot by one of the "Future Batman" either right before, or during, RIP.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By joshmightbe

He's been shot many times, he just wears top of the line body armor probably the best you can get short of going full Iron Man.

Avatar image for secondfallen616
    secondfallen616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By secondfallen616
    redhoodnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By redhoodnet

Do you mean has he been shot today? Or this month?

A lot of guys have got one on him over the years.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Esquire

@redhoodnet: I'm just curious what caliber of marksman it takes to actually tag Batman with a bullet. He's only got a couple of borderline bullet-timing feats, so theoretically anyone with enough skill could shoot him. I'm wondering which notables have displayed such skill.

JoeEddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JoeEddie

I believe there is a flashback in Hush of Dent shooting him. Plus, getting shot by Gordon and the police in Year One.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose
    No Caption Provided

@Esquire said:

Batman is excellent at dodging bullets, but who has been a good enough marksman to shoot him?

A guy called Branden shot him in Dark Victory.

Sorry for the low-quality picture. Couldn't find a scan online.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.