Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Harper Row - my opinion on her has changed

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

It has gone from no-interest, to hate.

Scott Snyder used to be a guy that new what he's doing...what is this?...she has 0 crime-fighting skills...she got other type of skills (God knows where they came from...)...and she's super anoying!

And on top of that, everyone is always praising her for no fuckin reason! she only does well with massive help from the PLOT! when everyone is either crap or they are jobbing.

And in Batman Eternal's last issue, beating on Stephanie Brown? what was that about? is that suposed to be Harper's proof of fighting skill?? LOL, a normal girl, with no type of formal training, whatsoever.

Just killer her off already!

Avatar image for quinnofthestoneage
    QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Same, I was excited at first, but now could not care less

LeRizador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do not like her as well

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But how else were we supposed to have a scene where Batman stops people from bullying a homosexual?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@bat_girl_cc:

I think her characther have lot of problems. She doesnt having a role on tittle or solo aside and she often appears and disapears. She had controversy for being replacement of Dick Grayson and the worst she is a new characther on Batfamily a group who already has lot of characthers and she doesnt bring anything new to the tabble aside her looks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cuddlebear:

She wasnt on that scene and not saying stops people from bullying a homossexual isnt important or shouldn´t appear on comics, why this is important since there scenes with others heroes done something like that.

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius said:

@cuddlebear:

She wasnt on that scene and not saying stops people from bullying a homossexual isnt important or shouldn´t appear on comics, why this is important since there scenes with others heroes done something like that.

It is not my intention to be offensive to you, but its difficult to understand exactly what you are saying.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cuddlebear:

1- I think she (Harper Row) isnt that scene directly.

2- I wasnt saying that defending bullying or save someone from homophobics isnt important.

3- How important is that scene anyway? There are lot of heroes on DC or Marvel that already did that or something similiar to that scene. Sure in past Batman has said some homophobic comments like All-Star Batman and Robin.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But how else were we supposed to have a scene where Batman stops people from bullying a homosexual?

Like he does all the time, to save everyone, whenever they are homossexual or not?

storkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC
    Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm probably going to delete this, anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see a problem with harper beating steph. They're both regular girls, and its possible harper got some training from Tim or even batman, which would allow her to beat steph. Harpers always been tech savvy, ever since she showed up in Batman, and she even helped fix some of his technology and helped save his life. I think Harper's pretty cool. All she's really done is beat mad hatter, who doesn't have any skill at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

I just don't know why I should care about her

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I don't care about her enough to hate her. She's just there. Too me she's nothing more than a temp character. Hopefully when Snyder leaves future writers will forget about her.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

She is still being used??? Wow I'm out of it these days.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah...it was ridiculous how she just one-upped Steph constantly in the last issue of Eternal. I guess he wants to show that his creation is better by downplaying a fan favorite.

Yup, what an amazing writer. Not lazy at all.

batzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo said:

Yeah...it was ridiculous how she just one-upped Steph constantly in the last issue of Eternal. I guess he wants to show that his creation is better by downplaying a fan favorite.

Yup, what an amazing writer. Not lazy at all.

Yeah pretty ridiculous, just lazy writing to try to make a character better than they actually are, which is a useless, unnecessary waste of comic book pages.

batzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc: Agreed, this character is completely unnecessary

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

I don't see a problem with harper beating steph. They're both regular girls, and its possible harper got some training from Tim or even batman, which would allow her to beat steph. Harpers always been tech savvy, ever since she showed up in Batman, and she even helped fix some of his technology and helped save his life. I think Harper's pretty cool. All she's really done is beat mad hatter, who doesn't have any skill at all.

The problem is not "how", but "why"...it looks like they are trrying to make her look as good as possible, while trying to not make her look overpowered, mary-sue kind of stuff, but the thing that most meets the eye, about her, its: "why is she even here?"...what is so special about her?...can anyone be apart of the Bat-family now?

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batzilla: It isn't the goal that is lazy, but the method of execution used in trying to achieve that goal. duh.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc: Why wouldn't she beat steph? Its not like she beat Tim, steph is just a regular girl, it makes sense for harper to be able to beat her. Stephanie just threw on an outfit after her dad tried to kill and has just been running around Gotham trying to not get killed. Harper has been hanging out with Tim drake and batman. Makes more sense for harper to win that fight.

I guess she's here because she is brave enough to fight to save the people of Gotham. Her brother was in trouble and she stepped up to help him. As long as batman approves of you, yeah anyone can be part of the bat family. Although harper doesn't know Batman's identity and wasn't adopted by Bruce so I wouldn't call her part of the family.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.