Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Hardly no acrobats from bats in the three movies ?

Avatar image for matchesmalone2012
    MatchesMalone2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MatchesMalone2012

Just thought they would've added it in there with the martial arts very weird they didn't.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By AweSam

Kind of hard in that costume.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Well, it was supposed to be realistic..and in real fights, not many people do somersaults and backflips.

MatchesMalone2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MatchesMalone2012

Thought the costume was at a lighter weight from the last movie.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@AweSam said:

Kind of hard in that costume.

exactly

MatchesMalone2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MatchesMalone2012

Could be done though always a way round these things i mean hell we even saw a cart wheel from catwoman lol.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sesquipedalophobe

Batman doesn't need to do flips. That's just showing off.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AweSam

@MatchesMalone2012 said:

Thought the costume was at a lighter weight from the last movie.

It's not how light it is, it's the fact that it's not flexible enough. Notice how he always keeps still poses? He's also pretty slow when he fights.

MatchesMalone2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MatchesMalone2012

Just thought it would've been a nice touch, lol nothing wrong with showing off if ur good at what you do.

MatchesMalone2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should've allowed more movement then lol.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Alexander505

Realism..

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12  Edited By gotwillpower

I really hope that the reboot emphasizes movement rather than just force. I mean, sure, the fight scenes in the Nolan films were great, but they were wild brawls. I've always imagined Batman's fights as graceful dances, or games of chess. Unfortunately, with the armored suit in the trilogy, he can't really move around quickly. Plus, it seems like all his training was in boxing, seemingly only throwing wild hooks and uppercuts with the occasional forward "heel" kick. Then again, what do I know, because that's actually quite similar to UFC fights, and they're the best fighters in the world.

SaintOfKillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SaintOfKillers

Nolan wanted the movies to be as "realistic"(we're still dealing with a man who dresses like a bat to fight crime) as posible. i love martial arts movies but doing backlflips and similar acrobatic martial arts moves isn't as useful in a real fight, a well trained boxer can punch harder (and uses less energy doing so) than most martial artists.iv'e always imagined Batman(especially Nolan's version) as someone who doesn't try to show off and goes for the easiest takedown possible.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Superdork

You want this? lol

dumb...

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By batshrine

@Superdork: Wait I'm curious, whats dumb with the choreography? I think the only way Batman would work in a Justice LEague movie is that in the next movie Batman's fight sequence is more theatrical. The reason why Martial Arts movies are amazing is the beautiful choreography. It literally is art, and it is super cool to see. Now I don't think there should be any freezing in the air or anything gimmicky like that, but there should be some sick choreo, that shows off what Batman can do. I mean for a master of martial arts we didn't get to see it much at all in Nolanverse. Sure there was keysie, but to me that looks like choreographed brawling. Not nearly as beautiful

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Superdork

@batshrine: I just like my Batman to fight realistically. They could amp it up, but I would hate martial arts poses and flips and show-offy bs that would get you killed i real life. No Matrix/Jet Li/Crouching Tiger/Bruce Lee choreography.

Something more like Arkham Asylum or Jason Bourne. Way cooler and more believable.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By batshrine

I can understand how the poses are silly, and Batman isn't one to pose. So I agree with that and the fighting in the Arkham games is beautiful. But if you for example see Jackie Chans fighting scenes in Rush Hour (I know not the best martial arts movies out there), still has martial arts but no poses from Jackie Chan. So you can still have beautiful choreography. Now as far as stunts go, a few here and there for theatricality doesn't hurt. I mean if it helps scare the bad guys. But obviously the character that does the most flips would be nightwing, so its not even Batman's style to flip everywhere.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.