Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Guys, we missed something EPIC

• 60 results
    Avatar image for masterdetective
    MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

everyone needs to see this thread

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I personally don't like the idea. I'm not saying it would be a bad show, I'm just saying I don't like the idea. I really don't see what's so interesting about a teenage Bruce Wayne before he becomes Batman. Though this is the most I've heard about it, and it sounds semi-decent.

This. I can already see people complaining around season 2 how all the little nods about "oh, see that guy? He's going to be Two-Face" or "Hahaha we just made an in-joke because Bruce is going to become Batman" are frustrating and that he needs to suit up.

Besides, the problem with prequels like these is that you know everything about these character's psychology, past and future. If not done properly these shows get old quickly. Also- What happens after season 5/6? Do we see Batman or do they just try to starve him off?

BTW a Babs/Bruce relationship is and always will be wrong.

MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goonage:

What's wrong with Bruce x Babs?

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterdetective:

1. He is usually at least 10 years older than her. Since he usually is somewhere in his late 20's/early 30's and she is in her late teens/ early 20's it's slightly creepy.

2. Babs is often portrayed as being Nightwing's girlfriend and somewhere around the same age as him. Batman considers Nightwing to be a sort of son to him. So when Bruce is dating Babs, he is essentially dating his son's girlfriend.

3. Batgirl/Oracle/whatever is Commissioner Gordon's niece/daughter. So some might arguably say that by dating her Batman is going behind one of his closest ally's back.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Sounds good.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Aahz

@goonage said:

@masterdetective:

1. He is usually at least 10 years older than her. Since he usually is somewhere in his late 20's/early 30's and she is in her late teens/ early 20's it's slightly creepy.

2. Babs is often portrayed as being Nightwing's girlfriend and somewhere around the same age as him. Batman considers Nightwing to be a sort of son to him. So when Bruce is dating Babs, he is essentially dating his son's girlfriend.

In her original silver age incarnation she was much older than Dick, and had already a PhD when Dick was still in school. And I think Bruce had several Girlfirend who where younger than him (for example Selina Kyle).

She being Dicks girl friend, was actually Kind of a retcon. See below.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By goonage

@aahz: Still, that is SA material. And according to the Nu52 reality, she is only 21.

MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goonage said:

@aahz: Still, that is SA material. And according to the Nu52 reality, she is only 21.

everybody is free to love whoever they want :3

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Aahz

@goonage: Yes but this series was proposed long before the new52, and I just wanted to proof, that a relationship between Bruce and Barbara would not always been creepy. And it might be SA or BA but it is the original version of Barbara.

And even in the first pre crisis version of Barbaras origin (Secret Origin #20 from 1987) Barbara states that Dick was to young for her and she was more interested in Bruce.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By goonage

@aahz: Even so, Barbara is usually associated with the younger generation of the Bat-family (otherwise there would be no other reason to "de-age" her and have her develop a possible romance with Dick).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.