Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Guys, we missed something EPIC

• 60 results
    Avatar image for masterdetective
    MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MasterDetective

There was to be a TV show named "Bruce Wayne", focusing on the young man's training and path to become a fear-striking hero to protect Gotham (kinda like the Smallville show but with Bats instead, see?)

Here's the outline. Seriously, it sound SUPER EPIC

"

Bruce Wayne was designed to run for five to six seasons, and a series bible was created despite the fact that development did not get far. The characters established in the pilot would have developed as the series progressed, eventually assuming their respective roles from the Batman mythos.

• Continuing from the pilot, Bruce Wayne would think that his family's company might not only be responsible for the decline of Gotham City and corruption within, but they may also be trying to kill him. A story arc would have been centered on crooked businessmen trying to take over Wayne Enterprises, and Bruce coming into conflict with the local mafia, led by Rupert Thorne andCarmine Falcone (later to be taken over by Oswald Cobblepot).
    • Bruce's ally is Det. Gordon, who has his own enemies in the GCPD, led by Lt. Flass. Gordon's story arc would have revolved around his struggle with police corruption.
    • Harvey Dent is Bruce Wayne's best friend, a few years older than him. Rich, spoiled, selfish, and shameless, Harvey's friendship with Bruce might lead him to take a different route later in life. Had the show been greenlit, Harvey's story would have been fleshed out: his abusive father, troubled childhood, struggles through law school, and subtle hints as to his development into Two-Face.
    • Despite the character of Susan Dent in the pilot, Bruce was to have a number of romantic interests in the show's first season, including Barbara Gordon, young TV gossip reporter Vicky Vale, and a psychology student named Harleen Quinzel. These three would play important roles in Bruce's future.
    • A few characters from the Batman mythos would have made appearances in either certain episodes or the entire show. Example of these characters include a mysterious "consultant" in Selina Kyle, a would-be comedian (described as "Sam Kinison but angrier") named Jack Napier, a psychology professor named Jonathan Crane, a disturbed con man called Edward Nygma, and even a strange kid from Smallville, Kansas. That strange kid, Clark Kent aka Superman, was going to appear in an episode that was planned, though it is unknown if it was to be in the first season or a later one (though interviews suggest it would have been in the first season). All that is known is that Bruce would have met Clark after he came to town for a WayneCorp-sponsored conference of high school journalists; Bruce would dismiss Clark at first as a nice kid from the sticks, before realizing that something is odd about this farm boy.
    • As the series progressed, Bruce would become more and more fascinated by the criminal element, spending time at Arkham Asylum, restoring Wayne Manor, and bringing in a series of martial arts trainers. He would become more of a "night owl", as he notes he enjoys riding his motorcycle with the leather and helmet, which make him anonymous.
    • It was planned to be towards the end of the first season that Bruce and Alfred find a cavern underneath Wayne Manor, which would become the future Batcave.
    • In later seasons, it would be planned for Bruce to take bigger steps, such as joining the GCPD to be with Gordon, and even the FBI. These do not last, the reason being that Bruce "can't work within the system."
    • Bruce's skills would increase as the series progressed, perfecting his martial arts, car racing, helicopter and airplane flying, gymnastics, and much more. While the world thinks he's a rich kid living it up, it is actually work for a bigger purpose.
    • Once Bruce gains control of WayneCorp, he uses the companies' resources to help him in his cause. This would include R&D in special weapons, prototypes, and vehicles that all disappear and end up as part of Batman's arsenal. This is mirrored in the later film, Batman Begins. WayneCorp would win the bid to build the FBI's computer criminal database, to which Bruce would have access.
    • Like the pilot, each episode would be framed with bookend scenes of an older Alfred telling the tale through his "memoirs" (a plot element that was used in the television series Birds of Prey).
    • Although it is unknown if the scene was to be in the study with a crashing bat like the classic comics, the series finale would have been about Bruce figuring out the best way to stop the criminal element in Gotham City, by becoming a bat. "

I can't believe they didn't produce this. I'd watch this over Nolan's films (which I didn't really like) any day

More information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Wayne_(TV_series)

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2008/07/10/bruce-wayne-the-series

http://www.kryptonsite.com/brucewayne/script.htm

Avatar image for banestrokelobogrundybatarrow
    BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Wow I am now kinda depressed I hated smallville but i would totally watch this....

Moon_Bat_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Moon_Bat_87

That sounds like it woould be a good show. Maybe we can start a petition to get it running or something. Ambitious I know, but maybe. I could easily see CW picking it up.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

I personally don't like the idea. I'm not saying it would be a bad show, I'm just saying I don't like the idea. I really don't see what's so interesting about a teenage Bruce Wayne before he becomes Batman. Though this is the most I've heard about it, and it sounds semi-decent.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Sounds exactly like Arrow

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JonSmith

Oh, hi, Arrow!

Seriously. Sounds like they brought the bible over and said, "How can we make this into a Green Arrow show, since we can't make it Batman?" They decided they couldn't, so instead they asked, "How can we make Green Arrow the protagonist of this show?"

Boom. Arrow.

All that said, Arrow is awesome.

Avatar image for masterdetective
    MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That sounds like it woould be a good show. Maybe we can start a petition to get it running or something. Ambitious I know, but maybe. I could easily see CW picking it up.

I'm ready to do that :D

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arrow is a ripp off of the Nolan Batman Franchise, they changed Batman for Arrow, but they decide to keep everything they could, saddly they still say no to a Batman show.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

Arrow is a ripp off of the Nolan Batman Franchise, they changed Batman for Arrow, but they decide to keep everything they could, saddly they still say no to a Batman show.

Exactly, also 50% of the Arrow villains are actually Batman related characters. Its neither a Smallville or Arrow rip off, it was planned before Smallville and when WB said no, Smallville producers took inspiration from the idea and made Smallville. I hope they make Batman live-action TV series, but it should air on HBO or BBC and be something like Sherlock rather than Arrow or Smallville. Get the creators of Sherlock and make it happen WB.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Exactly, also 50% of the Arrow villains are actually Batman related characters. Its neither a Smallville or Arrow rip off, it was planned before Smallville and when WB said no, Smallville producers took inspiration from the idea and made Smallville. I hope they make Batman live-action TV series, but it should air on HBO or BBC and be something like Sherlock rather than Arrow or Smallville. Get the creators of Sherlock and make it happen WB.

Notice that the main romantic interest is a LAWYER, now they even use Ras related villains.

WB can do this show, the only thing they need to do, is nothing of Soap Opera plots, Smaville was a great show when ignore this plots.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RustyRoy

@rustyroy said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Notice that the main romantic interest is a LAWYER, now they even use Ras related villains.

WB can do this show, the only thing they need to do, is nothing of Soap Opera plots, Smaville was a great show when ignore this plots.

And the tech girl = less confident Fox, Vertigo looked like a Scarecrow ripoff. There are too many similarities between the show and TDK trilogy, even the dialogs sometimes seem familiar.

I know WB can do this, but they need to do it with other creators/producers and premiere it on anywhere other than CW. The Arrow guys are the same guy who made the Green Lantern movie, I don't want them near Batman.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@rustyroy said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

And the tech girl = less confident Fox, Vertigo looked like a Scarecrow ripoff. There are too many similarities between the show and TDK trilogy, even the dialogs sometimes seem familiar.

I know WB can do this, but they need to do it with other creators/producers and premiere it on anywhere other than CW. The Arrow guys are the same guy who made the Green Lantern movie, I don't want them near Batman.

Yeah, i have said this in the past, my favorite thing is that his Body Guard is Alfred, he talks an acts like him.

Loading Video...

GL was the best example of why DC should never try to be Marvel and do their own thing, the movies was exactly like Thor, it was never going to work without a universe to help him and make people care, without a universe you need a less generic idea, Arrow works beacause they copy everything they can, they notice Batman was popular and copy him, i mean is not even What if Nolan directed Green Arrow?, is the exat same ideas.

I would liked more if the guys of Thousend Pound would had been the guys working on Arrow, it looks less generic, less Batman and would have better action scenes.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Onemoreposter

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

Loading Video...

GL was the best example of why DC should never try to be Marvel and do their own thing, the movies was exactly like Thor, it was never going to work without a universe to help him and make people care, without a universe you need a less generic idea, Arrow works beacause they copy everything they can, they notice Batman was popular and copy him, i mean is not even What if Nolan directed Green Arrow?, is the exat same ideas.

I would liked more if the guys of Thousend Pound would had been the guys working on Arrow, it looks less generic, less Batman and would have better action scenes.

That video was actually pretty awesome.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: The Internet, having more idea that Hollywood, because they actually like to work with this things, i would had pay to see that Arrow, it follows the logic f Arrow needs, Arrow needs to change of team and let people who likes Green Arrow do this things.

@onemoreposter said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

Loading Video...

Loading Video...
    Loading Video...
    Loading Video...

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

Cool would have loved to see this

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I already knew that

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RustyRoy

I already knew that

So did I but still what's your opinion about this?

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

They should make a new season of the Adam West show, it better that freacking arrow

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

They should make a new season of the Adam West show, it better that freacking arrow

Ha I'd watch that to death if Bale is on board.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finally hit 1000! I feel special today :P

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:
    No Caption Provided

Ha I'd watch that to death if Bale is on board.

This is a show called, wht is Batman doing now after he retired.

Loading Video...

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- Ra's and Slade training Bruce?

- If they ever made such a series, i'd tear it apart just like Nolan's drivel that he passes off for films.

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: The Internet, having more idea that Hollywood, because they actually like to work with this things, i would had pay to see that Arrow, it follows the logic f Arrow needs, Arrow needs to change of team and let people who likes Green Arrow do this things.

@onemoreposter said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

Loading Video...

Loading Video...
    Loading Video...
    Loading Video...

@onemoreposter said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

Loading Video...

Loading Video...
    Loading Video...
    Loading Video...

- I found the Street fighter x Tekken video to be appealing, and the Naruto video was interesting.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good way to introduce both character to the main stream, also it would help to introduce many character to the mainstream and build a bigger multimedia universe.

All hose video have over 1 million views, this show that there is huge audience for this guys out there.

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thejman251 said:

Good way to introduce both character to the main stream, also it would help to introduce many character to the mainstream and build a bigger multimedia universe.

All hose video have over 1 million views, this show that there is huge audience for this guys out there.

- I disagree. I'm sure that they could find other ways to introduce characters than by spewing false and canonically incorrect information into the minds of the ignorant viewers.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thejman251 said:

I can see Ra's training Bruce but Slade should not train Bruce, I'd like to see him as a hired assassin to kill Batman.

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By thejman251

@rustyroy said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@thejman251 said:

I can see Ra's training Bruce but Slade should not train Bruce, I'd like to see him as a hired assassin to kill Batman.

- I see.

- However, i can't really let either of them fly in my opinion.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RustyRoy

@thejman251: Well, I like the idea, After training all over the world Bruce seeks training from the League of Assassins/Shadows. There he trains with Lady Shiva, Talia, Cain and others. Ra's chooses him as his heir and a love triangle between Bruce, Shiva and Talia. You need a little drama in these kind shows or the people get bored. Also it will be cool to see Bruce's reaction when he finds about Ra's true intentions and about the Lazarus pit.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: @thejman251: This is not the comic books, also having Deathstroke into the origin of Batman would help him, in why both of them look so familiar, how does Deathstroke know who is everybody in the Bafatmily and why it looks to have some connection with the League of Shadows(Cooler name), i mean in Injustice he is using the same arm knifes that Batman, since Begins let you belive this have something to do with Ras, it explains Deathstroke past, i mean it looks weird, he has such big ties with the Batman and Ras, without having an earlier relationship.

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@thejman251: Well, I like the idea, After training all over the world Bruce seeks training from the League of Assassins/Shadows. There he trains with Lady Shiva, Talia, Cain and others. Ra's chooses him as his heir and a love triangle between Bruce, Shiva and Talia. You need a little drama in these kind shows or the people get bored. Also it will be cool to see Bruce's reaction when he finds about Ra's true intentions and about the Lazarus pit.

@rustyroy: @thejman251: This is not the comic books, also having Deathstroke into the origin of Batman would help him, in why both of them look so familiar, how does Deathstroke know who is everybody in the Bafatmily and why it looks to have some connection with the League of Shadows(Cooler name), i mean in Injustice he is using the same arm knifes that Batman, since Begins let you belive this have something to do with Ras, it explains Deathstroke past, i mean it looks weird, he has such big ties with the Batman and Ras, without having an earlier relationship.

- Well i clearly disagree. Feeding the ignorant masses incorrect information so that they go around spewing utter drivel, whilst thinking they actually know something about batman, is not a necessity when making a show.

- Any time i see this, be it in Batman:TAS, The Batman, Teen Titans, or Nolan's drivel that he passes off for films, i will undoubtedly tear it apart and regard it as utter and inane trash.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clearly it would interest some people, shame it didn't come to be. That being said I would have hated it, the whole time I would be wondering why isn't he off around the world training. The more time you spend in Gotham, the less time you have touring the world training, and learning from scholars and scientists.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Sounds really cool.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

- Well i clearly disagree. Feeding the ignorant masses incorrect information so that they go around spewing utter drivel, whilst thinking they actually know something about batman, is not a necessity when making a show.

- Any time i see this, be it in Batman:TAS, The Batman, Teen Titans, or Nolan's drivel that he passes off for films, i will undoubtedly tear it apart and regard it as utter and inane trash.

They can't just copy from comic books panel to panel. I'd like to keep things close to the source material too but watching the same thing you already know may come as very unoriginal.

quinnundine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hollllyyyyyy shittttttt. Why didn't this happen?!?!?! :(

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@thejman251 said:

@rustyroy said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@rustyroy: @thejman251: This is not the comic books, also having Deathstroke into the origin of Batman would help him, in why both of them look so familiar, how does Deathstroke know who is everybody in the Bafatmily and why it looks to have some connection with the League of Shadows(Cooler name), i mean in Injustice he is using the same arm knifes that Batman, since Begins let you belive this have something to do with Ras, it explains Deathstroke past, i mean it looks weird, he has such big ties word frthe Batman and Ras, without having an earlier relationship.

They can't just copy from comic books panel to panel. I'd like to keep things close to the source material too but watching the same thing you already know may come as very unoriginal.

- I agree that they shouldn't copy word for word from the panel however, i expect certain consistencies.

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@thejman251 said:

@rustyroy said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@rustyroy: @thejman251: This is not the comic books, also having Deathstroke into the origin of Batman would help him, in why both of them look so familiar, how does Deathstroke know who is everybody in the Bafatmily and why it looks to have some connection with the League of Shadows(Cooler name), i mean in Injustice he is using the same arm knifes that Batman, since Begins let you belive this have something to do with Ras, it explains Deathstroke past, i mean it looks weird, he has such big ties word frthe Batman and Ras, without having an earlier relationship.

- I agree that they shouldn't copy word for word from the panel however, i expect certain consistencies.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@thejman251 said:

@rustyroy said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

Consistencie on comics?

Comics = inconsitencies

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
    BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

Wow I am now kinda depressed I hated smallville but i would totally watch this....

These. I wish this show had happened. Sounds really cool.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By novi_homines

@rustyroy said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@rustyroy said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Yeah, i have said this in the past, my favorite thing is that his Body Guard is Alfred, he talks an acts like him.

Loading Video...

I love arrow. But this fight is a thousand times better than any fight in the tv show. I can't believe i'm saying this but the arrow effects and combat is just better.

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By thejman251

@thejman251 said:

@rustyroy said:

@thejman251 said:

@rustyroy said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

Consistencie on comics?

Comics = inconsitencies

- Lol, at times i suppose so.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@banestrokelobogrundybatarrow said:

@moon_bat_87 said:

These. I wish this show had happened. Sounds really cool.

This won't happen. WB won't even let them use Batman for a cameo, they want Batman in Big Screen. And even though I'd like this show to happen, I hope CW stays away from it.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: WB have this idea of making Batman movies only, for some reason they dont try to make him bigger and win more money, they belive Batman by himself will make any amount of money they want.

@novi_homines said:

Loading Video...

I love arrow. But this fight is a thousand times better than any fight in the tv show. I can't believe i'm saying this but the arrow effects and combat is just better.

Fan Films are in many many cases superior to the official product, since they care more for the final product that casting and sell the actors.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: I agree. They don't want to expand the Brand which is stupid. A Batman live-action series can be very successful and can feature more Batfamily characters than the movies can. They can also make spin offs like Nightwing, Gotham Central, BoP or a series about Robins.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@deathpoolthet1000: I agree. They don't want to expand the Brand which is stupid. A Batman live-action series can be very successful and can feature more Batfamily characters than the movies can. They can also make spin offs like Nightwing, Gotham Central, BoP or a series about Robins.

Then they have problem when thing dont work, they dont understand that most of heroes will fail by themselves, Captain America was almost a failure, without the 3D would had fail, Thor was never a huge hit, Hulk got into many problems, without Ironman/Avenger to save them, they would had fail.

I mean a tv show, would help to build tha Batfamily and go into other things, i mean Teen Titan, Young Justice and The Outlaws could get the teen, puberts and pre puberts audiences, i mean Tim Drake is the ultimate angst teens fantasy, Jason Todd is a fantasy for the my dad dont understand me teens, Dick would be the ultimate girls crush.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

(kinda like the Smallville show but with Bats instead

This is where you lost me.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@consolemaster001 said:

I already knew that

So did I but still what's your opinion about this?

It had potential.

Everything has potential, many thing that hear awful in the paper, turn out to be great in the execution.

PCN24454

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

there's already so much batman that the producers nixed it

Batman Beyond was also airing at that time

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.