Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Grant Morrison Spoiler Question

Batmanrh23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Batmanrh23

So I've been gearing up to read Grant Morrison's entire 7 year Batman run, so basically the entireDamian Wayne story. I've already determined what order I will be reading the trade paperbacks in and am ready to start. While I was ordering the Batman and Son Deluxe edition from Amazon, I read one of the customer reviews, and in the review it said "The first book leading up to Damian Wayne's death in Batman Incorporated." Up until that point, I had no idea that Damian Wayne would die in Batman Incorporated. So my question is now that I know he dies at the end of the saga, is it all still worth reading? Is there more to the ending than just his death and more emotional moments at the end? Or have I been completely screwed over that now there's no point for me to read the saga? Sorry for all of all of the spoiler blocks, don't want to ruin it for anyone else. Thanks in advance!

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman Inc. is a great story and Damian's fate does not even occur at the end. It happens a little over halfway through. He's only a small part of the story. The real story in Batman Inc. is between Batman and Talia, as well as the Batman Inc. program. Grant Morrisons run isn't really about Damian in the first place. Damian's definitely a big, vital part of it and it tells his whole story but there is a lot more to it, and especially to Batman Inc.

Batmanrh23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: So the entire saga is still worth reading? I feel like knowing he dies towards the end in the back of my mind will make me not enjoy it as much. There is a lot more to the ending of Incorporated?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanrh23: Yes, the ending has little to do with Damian. And the time spent with Damian while he's alive is really great stuff to read.

Batmanrh23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 well, I guess I've just gotta stop reading Batman comic reviews altogether. I was reading a long review of Knightfall Volume 1 one Goodreads, and it literally just blurted out the ending of Incorporated, how Bruce is arrested and Talia dies. Now am I screwed? Should I just drop the series and move on to something else?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanrh23: You should stop reading customer reviews. It's up to you if you want to keep reading it. I would keep reading, because despite knowing the ending the story is still amazing and is a great read. There are some really awesome fights and heartfelt moments in Morrison's run. I'd recommend you keep going, unless knowing the ending REALLY bothers you so much that you won't enjoy the story. You should already know that the hero pretty much always wins in the end.

tcrighton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You need to read Morrison's run. His introduction of Damian is notable as is his work on Batman incorporated, but there is so much more to it! The Black Glove story arc,RIP, 3 ghosts of Batman. It is definitely worth reading.

devitciiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By devitciiu

@batmanrh23:

I'd read it anyway. I don't believe that the end of Batman Inc. vol. 2 was Morrison's original plan when he started to write Batman, so what you know won't ruin the stories he told in Batman, Batman & Robin, Return of Bruce Wayne, or Batman Inc. vol. 1. Also, most of those spoilers were revealed either in the first issue of Batman Inc. vol 2, or foreshadowed in the series so heavily that you would have picked up on them early on. In the case of Morrison's Batman story, it is definitely the journey, not the destination, that matters.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.