Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23649 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Grant Morrison Batman Run

Avatar image for thequanglewanglequee
    Thequanglewanglequee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was wondering if Grant Morrison's Batman/Batman & Robin/Batman incorporated run Is worth reading. I recently got into reading batman and have already read

Batman: Year One

Batman: The Killing Joke

Batman: The Black Mirror

Batman: Gates Of Gotham

Batman Vol.1 (N52)

Batman Vol.2 (N52)

I'm trying to build my own batman continuity were all the stories are in the same vain as each other. I heard that Morrison has done a great job writing Batman, but I also heard that that his run can sometimes come off as being a little too campy and sometimes inconsistent. Also Morrison's run consists of almost 10 trades which will cost a great deal of time and money. I would appreciate the feedback.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

G-Mozz's run is very well received - many love it and it's critically acclaimed.

Start with Batman: Black Glove Deluxe Edition which collects the first two trades to see if you'll like it.

It most likely will get omnibus treatment in the future, though that might take years.

BB

wolverine1610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's a blog i found about grant morrisons batman and the issues so far

http://ihategrantmorrison.blogspot.com/2013/02/why-i-hate-grant-morrison.html

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I have most of Grants Batman run, from Batman and Son threw Batman The Return of Bruce Wayne, I'd recommend it.

VaizD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It's uh... not for everyone. Grant is very weird and a little out there with his allusions and story callbacks. I, however, love his run, and would recommend at least giving it a shot. Batman and Son is pretty normal, but things get wacky once you hit Black Glove territory, and then they sort of barrel ahead with the wacky and never look back.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

You should give it a shot, I'd easily consider it the best run on the character so far. I can't recommend it enough.

As Billy Batson said, the first book to get would be Batman: The Black Glove - deluxe edition, then you follow that with Batman: RIP, Final Crisis, Batman and Robin: Batman Reborn, Batman and Robin: Batman vs. Robin, Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne, Batman and Robin: Batman and Robin Must Die, Batman Incorporated vol. 1, and Batman Incorporated: Demon Star. Then you could get Batman: Time and the Batman, which fits in between RIP and Final Crisis, but it's not entirely necessary to understand the run.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its the best Batman run IMO but as @vaizd said its not for everyone. Still you could give it a try.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

Best superhero run ever, so yeah, worth a look.

Avatar image for thequanglewanglequee
    Thequanglewanglequee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the feedback everyone I'm going to purchase Batman: The Black Glove Deluxe Edition. If I enjoy it I'll most likely read R.I.P.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.