Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Gotham Discussion Thread

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Saren
    No Caption Provided

This is the thread for all discussions related to Fox's "Gotham" TV show. You can use this to talk about characters, developments, Easter Eggs, upcoming plotlines etc. rather than making a new thread for everything.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

It was pretty good, way better than I expected.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By frozen  Moderator

Selena was present at the death of Bruce Wayne's parents....

That just...ruined it for me

The annoying scream didn't make it any better.

I also didn't like Alfred's introduction.

However the tone was good - let's hope Arrow doesn't rip from this either.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 frozen  Moderator

Also, what year does this take place?

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I really enjoyed it. I'll keep watching the rest of the season.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
    mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I have warmed up to it alot more since I saw the trailers. Selena seeing Bruce's parents getting killed felt unnecessary and contrived. Introductions of characters felt too heavy handed in some instances. Not too invested in Gordon as a character, I hope I can become more invested in him as the show goes on (it is only the first episode I guess). Penguin was probably my favourite part of the pilot in regards to character, maybe it is because he is the closest to his more present version of the character than some others. They got across the idea of Gotham's police department being corrupt and in a way Gotham itself being corrupt really well. Falcone was more interesting than I thought he would be. Want to see more of him too and he isn't a character I particularly like that much,so they did a good job there. I didn't feel that Riddler needed to be in but again curious to see where he will go.

Bruce's parents getting murdered served really well as a plot point, because not only did it change Bruce Wayne, it made Jim realize how corrupt Gotham is and has driven him to try and start to do something about it. Very well done as a plot point. I think this was why his parents were murdered pretty much right at the start. Since it has set things in motion. It payed off really well.

Harvey was good in it, I kinda felt he was too corrupt but then it might be so we can see him change over time, Liked his performance.

They put maybe a bit too much into the pilot but despite a couple of nicks overall I enjoyed it. Still a feel a bit mixed on the pilot and the concept of the show itself since there are a couple of concerns I have with how things are being done and the concept. And there were a couple of instances where I was wishing it was a more present version of Batman and maybe it would focus more on Gordon, GCPD and the underworld, which is what the series probably will do, but I kinda wished a couple of times it was set in a more present timeline. But I am curious to see what stories they might for characters this early on. I have warmed up to it and will carry on watching.

Bring on episode two.

@frozen said:

Also, what year does this take place?

I kinda got the impression that the year/ time isn't really important and won't really get mentioned kinda like how it is in the Animated series and the Arkham games.

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked the show after about the first half hour, that's when I felt invested in the story, I don't like Alfred he feels like an angry soccer hooligan, and a big duche. Maybe to much earth one inspiration ?

TheBakeBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was alright, I'll definitely keep watching in hopes of it getting better.

Sadly, the Wayne's death scene (probably one of the most important scenes in the entire show) was horribly executed, Selina kyles character was completely pointless, and the fact that poison ivy is "ivy pepper" just pisses me off for some reason.

I liked everything else though, especially the casting decisions. And did anyone else get the feeling that Barbara is going to be this shows Lori or Skylar white?

cprops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was pretty good. The sets and overall style felt more Tim Burton Batman than recent incarnations. I thought Penguin was the best of the actors, with Bullock close behind. Plot wise I guess I'm most interested in what they are gonna do with Renee Montoya, but I don't know if it can hold my interest that long. The biggest problem for me was pretty much introducing every major Batman villain in the 1st Episode, with half them being 12 years old.

I'll keep watching, but I am cautious.

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bogey

I definitely enjoyed the first episode. Gonna be interesting to see the rise of the Penguin. Once that happens, I hope they dedicate a season to Mr. Zsasz and how he got started with his earliest scars.

BatShan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BatShan7

I wanna see Bane show an appearance like, Bane comes for one episode a bit less bulky and bored because he has no challenge. I think the comedian who was entertaining Fisher was a try for the Joker. Not sure, could be anyone but I think it is.

I want to see these
    Zsasz
    Bane
    Joker
    Harleen Quinzel

I think Gotham will end off like A.O.S...
    For instance. Like 17yr/old Bruce comes to kill Joe Chill and he's shot dead. If they introduce Batman the story ends there instantly.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By silent_bomber

I wasn't feeling it for the first 1/3rd but it mildly won me over by the end.

I didn't like Penguin much, also as someone mentioned a lot of character introductions felt contrived.

Intrigue was an aspect that worked well IMO, it'll be interesting to see how the Fish/Falcone/corrupt policemen scenario unfolds.

Was anyone else getting Miller's Crossing vibes? at this stage I'm wondering if Penguin will turn up again trying to blackmail Gordon.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@batshan7:

I wanna see Bane show an appearance like, Bane comes for one episode a bit less bulky and bored because he has no challenge.

Bane was born and raised in a prison. He can't really appear without ruining the character.

selras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

It was good I think that Falcone would die until next 10 episodes or so

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Valdemocnij

I don't know why... but i have some feeling that in this series, Penguin is that who kill Bruce parents... whats actually - at some way close to Earth-1 Penguin :)

And... did anyone else think that is man from G.C.P.D. who stole gun and wanna his pills... some Batman foe ? Its not Bane, no its not... definitely its not Bane... but someone is... Idk that maybe is not Amygdala ? I'm not sure :P

At some way i like Penguin... his temperament. But tall and thin, he look more like the Joker :D Selina (Catwoman) is from some unknown reason ruined for me... Ivy same... Nigma is good :)

My favourite Batman villain is Man-Bat and i wanna see him somehow in this, but idk what can be made with him in this story line... But will be cool to see how rage grow in Jonathan Crane, during other kids and his grandmother terrorized him :P

@frozen:

Yea, Bane cant appear in Gotham. But can be nice and cool to show his nightmares with that big monster bat, in the Peña Duro :)

Gonna tonight to watch episode 2 :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This show is a mess and doesn't deserve a thread.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't watched it yet.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@saren: Good for you to make one.

-----------------

@rustyroy said:

Haven't watched it yet.

Oh,man,oh.......

"You walk like a Penguin" ........he should have winked at the camera to make it more obvious.......

And Bruce is doing all this stuff..........i think it's out of character,i can't get it.......and he was drawing on the notebook....the PERFECT cheesy moment would be if he drew Bats!!....i would have yelled "OH COME THE FYCK ON!!" :P

Selina(although i disagree with the direction) is preety neat though...character wise.........

• Selina's get up is utterly stupid.
    • Her being a thief from the age of 12,with master parkour skillz, is utterly stupid also.But i knew that already.
    • The little dude acted like shit,but he looks like a 9 year old Bruce,i give you that
    • "Don't touch my face" ?>???????
    • Stash-less Gordon.
    • Poor acting.....not from McKenzie.
    • "There will be light,Bruce" there still isn't.....read a Batman comic,you fYcker.
    • This is NOT Alfred......
    • TELL ME ONE....MOTHERFYCKING ONE BATMAN VILLIAN THAT DIDNT END UP IN THIS SERIES NOTDOING WHAT HE DOES IN HIS VILLIANOUS DAYS!!!!????...JESUS....
    • "What's your name?" ....." Ivy" ...ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING MW WITH THIS?!!!!!!
    • Falcone is fycking fenomenal.

This is an entertaining anf fun piece if NOT taken seriously.

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker:

Did comments from one Spider-man fan can be accepted like serious opinion in the polemic of Batman's thread ? No !!! Its not right :) You can not share your opinions about Batman with the Batman's fans, when is obvious that u more like other one superhero, and that u will say something bad about other one superhero which u don't like... Go to Spider-man page and polemic there !!! Its so obvious that you don't like Batman... and why the hell, then you have to say anything good about Gotham - you have to don't like it :)

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker:

Did comments from one Spider-man fan can be accepted like serious opinion in the polemic of Batman's thread ? No !!! Its not right :) You can not share your opinions about Batman with the Batman's fans, when is obvious that u more like other one superhero, and that u will say something bad about other one superhero which u don't like... Go to Spider-man page and polemic there !!! Its so obvious that you don't like Batman... and why the hell, then you have to say anything good about Gotham - you have to don't like it :)

@rustyroy
    @jayc1324
    @deathpoolthet1000
    @ultrastarkiller
    @lordofthenorth
    @black_arrow

Those^ are "real" Batman fans,boy........let them tell you weather i hate Batman or not......
    You're really lucky that i'm not all over you,right now.

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Valdemocnij

@punyparker:

If you like Batman same as Spider-man why the hell then u don't use nick WaynePunyParker ?

And do you like Superman ?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker:

If you like Batman same as Spider-man why the hell then u don't use nick WaynePunyParker ?

I like PunyParker more,and it sounds nice.....i maybe identified with Spider-Man,here,but my love for Batman is the same as for Spider-Man.......have you seen the background pic of my profile?!.....go see it.

No, i don't.

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What the hell u think that make me start this discussion... I already saw your background :) Now is your turn to you see my background :)

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valdemocnij said:

@punyparker:

Batman is my favorite character, still my nickname is based on Deathstroke and Deadpool, main reason, call myself BatBoy wasnt making it for me.

The nick name is sending the image you want people have of you, its like clothing... it represents the individual, i like Batman more that Deadpool and Deathstroke, still i see myself more like Deadpool and i want people to have that image of me.

Also the show is boring, lets be honest, there is a video that explain this show pretty well and at the end, without all the whole its a "Batman show" no one would see it.

Loading Video...

What bothers me is how it desperately panders to the mainstream by simply throwing in pointless cameo after pointless cameo.

Not good writing, because people would never see anything with good writing.(Sarcasm)

Take away the DC elements and you are left with a way below average cop drama.

Without the DC elements you would notice how bad, plain and boring the characters are and the show is.

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Valdemocnij

@deathpoolthet1000:

You are OK man... you not choice one of them... you are in conflict with the emotions- whats really nice... it show that u have them... you at last mix two of them in your nick :)

I agree... the show is bad !!! Selyna (catwoman) ruin with her appearance this show... Acting is bad.. it is bad... how old will Nigma(riddler) be in the conflict with the Batman later... Penguin - How much he will be tall later... he is so tall and thin... but i like his acting his temperament... there is more thing which i like and don't like... but i don't like this show :) Its not something good at last... its bad... but again i somehow enjoy in that paradox to watch this show :P Gonna tonight to watch episode 3 :)

(edited) But you know... this is at last criminal show... mafia, corruption... etc. It have to be bored, shows about that have to be somehow... em... slow, - bored :)

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By PunyParker

@deathpoolthet1000: YOU'RE NOT A REAL BATMAN FAN.YOU SHOULD LIKE EVERYTING THAT HAS BATMAN ON IT,AND FORGET LOGIC AND OBJECTIVE CRITISISM!!!!

:P

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Valdemocnij

@punyparker:

What the hell about you then ? You have to forget logic and don't like Batman... u more enjoying that peoples see u ass spider-man somehow !!! You put and Spider-man and Batman on your background... you can not have it - u see self like spider-man, what then Batman doing at your background ? How you can put both of them when is obvious that u more like Spider-man ?

:P

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valdemocnij: Who are you to tell me i can or cannot like a character,anyway....?

I love Batman,and i love Spider-Man........what's the deal to you?

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker:

Man why are u so serious ? Why the hell u hate me ? This is not first time that u attack me.. you doing that and at past !!!

And... who are you, that you can say - ''i identified self with Spider-Man'' ? Man... you are wall crawler, you can shot the webs ?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Valdemocnij

@punyparker:

I don't trolling man... i uses paradox... and paradox cant be trolling.... paradox have truth in self...

Every time when u are tired of discussion you run away, with the phrase ''you trolling'' !!! Can u answer me.... Why the hell u hate me ?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Valdemocnij

@punyparker:

But you again, don't like me ? :P Don't take this so serious :P

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker:

ouch... you just hit me... you at last don't have any opinion about me... you don't have a will to decide do you hate me... or not ? Man... show at last a little feeling about me :P

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker:

give me some time to decide did will i put my picture on some ''forum/thread''... i go to eat and will think about that... :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I guess that's settled then?

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Such weirdness. Lol

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker:

I decide that my look is not something, what makes other peoples did will they like me or not.... and at last... its not point, how someone look, the point of did you like someone coming from their appearance, temperaments, not how they look :P

Only if you think did am i girl or boy.... :) I'm not girl.... :P And yes... i like girls :D

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am enjoying this show, I liked how they changed Alfred in the third episode, now he appears to be less strict.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Well I guess that's settled then?

He still believes i hate Batman

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: @havoc1201: @jayc1324: @punyparker: @deathpoolthet1000: @black_arrow:

Watch something ! Everyone forget one thing... we just watched 3 episodes... We still don't saw a first chapter(first season) but we judging it :) You know when u watch some movie, and at beginning its bad, its slow - but then come plot action, and correct some things fix them somehow... later movie get another sense and its good... and u at end of movie say to self... beginning is bad, but little later start to be good... at end is really good... Yea this movie is good, its good !!! :)

We still don't saw much of this but we judge :P

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He still believes i hate Batman

Everyone knows you love Batman

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy:

Its not matter what i think... Paradox is that he don't like Batman :)

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I really don't like the way their handling young Bruce Wayne.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thenotoriousheisenblokz
    ThenotoriousHeisenblokz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Honestly I don't see how and why this gets SO MUCH HATE and why this bashed so frequently, this my favorite versions of Batman (Asides from The Comic Books, Animated Series and Batman Begins)

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Just watched the first episode (it's later in the UK) and, although the Easter eggs are a little too obvious, I actually liked the episode more than it sounds like other people enjoyed it. Jim was pretty likeable and I really like Bullock's style. There is still room for improvement though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.