Gotham City PD TV series in the works?

#1 Posted by SupBatz (1729 posts) - - Show Bio

I stumbled across this article on batwatch.net and don't think I've seen anyone mention in on CV:

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/09/07/evidence-surfaces-of-new-batman-tv-series-called-gotham/

Apparently, there have been rumors of a TV series centered around the GCPD in a similar vein to Greg Rucka's Gotham Central. Seems like a pretty cool idea, in my opinion. I don't think the idea of it being set in The Dark Knight trilogy's universe. But so long as the prospective show is good I would be more than willing to look past that.

Thoughts?

#2 Posted by Wilbertus (325 posts) - - Show Bio

I wasn't aware of this, but that sure sounds interesting. I will be checking it out for sure if it ever makes it to an actual show.

#3 Posted by Kangaxx_54 (306 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd watch the hell out of that. I loved Gotham Central, and I've seen some spoof trailers for exactly this kind of show, and they were awesome.

#4 Posted by Knightfall225 (1988 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be awsome. I would love seeing the Cops point of view

#5 Posted by SupBatz (1729 posts) - - Show Bio

One of the most compelling ideas about a GCPD show is seeing the police act in a world where supervillains exist. And seeing the issues they face when Batman does their jobs better than they do. If this supposed series takes place in the TDK universe at a time when Batman is not operating, we will miss out on some of these aspects.

#6 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@supbatz: I really hope they ditch the Nolan-verse idea. It would make more since to have it take place in the new joined universe anyway.

#7 Posted by SupBatz (1729 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363: Exactly. And at some point along the line, it could allow for the exploration of character who will probably never see the movie-verse (Question, Huntress, or Batwoman perhaps).

#8 Edited by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@supbatz said:

@dctv3363: Exactly. And at some point along the line, it could allow for the exploration of character who will probably never see the movie-verse (Question, Huntress, or Batwoman perhaps).

Actually it could make a great testing ground for those sort of characters. You never know, one of them could gather a more mainstream following and branch out into a movie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.