Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Future Batman Cinematic Villains

• 53 results
    fojtikbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By fojtikbt

I'm really truly excited for the next Batman movie. I know it won't come out for a REALLLLLLLLY long time, but hey, I'm still excited. I was thinking about who could possibly be the villain in this future movie? Would they want more realistic villains like in the Nolan Trilogy, or would they want to go with more 'comic-booky' villains like Penguin or Mr. Freeze. Then I thought of two villains that could fit perfectly into a future movie. Why not bring the Court of Owls to the big screen? It was such a popular story arc, and I could easily see it in a movie. It would be pretty epic in scope, which would be really cool to see. But then I had another thought. What if they had the Joker as the major villain? He is Batman's most recognized villain. But whoever would play the Joker would have to have their own take on the character. They shouldn't try to be like Heath Ledger, they should try to be something fresh, something new. I have the perfect actor to play the Joker. His name is Robert Knepper and he played the infamous T-Bag in the Prison Break TV show. Just look at him. Wouldn't he make a great Joker? He could be an older Joker trying to get back his glory days, trying to show Batman that just because he's aged, that doesn't mean he's any less dangerous. Do you have any opinions? Feel free to share.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Gambit1024

Things I'd like for the next Batman trilogy:

• The story builds up to the final chapter being Arkham Asylum.
    • Skip the origin (for everyone, including villains). We've already been there.
    • Villains that I'd like to be included are: Joker, Harley Quinn, Scarecrow, Riddler, Killer Croc, Poison Ivy, and Mr. Freeze. Possibly Clayface, Man-Bat, and Ra's al Ghul.
    • Robin isn't necessary, but would be appreciated. Must be either Dick or Tim.
    • More detective work and gadgets.
    • The grey and black Batsuit. Not that armored garbage.
    • Should take place a year or two after his first appearance.
    MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By MrShway88

I would prefer a villain that hasn't been used yet like Hush or Clayface.

Or a villain that wasn't accurately shown like Riddler or Scarecrow.

Joker already has been in two Batman films. Three if you count the Adam West movie. They are other characters just as interesting, but if they do do Joker again then Harley is a must.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By evilvegeta74

Let Bats deal with this clown!

JSH92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By JSH92

Black Mask, Man-Bat, Deadshot, Two-Face, and Hush.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Video_Martian

Hugo Strange and Black Mask.

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By gotwillpower

I think they should do the Court of Owls as well, or even Death of the Family. Both are not only great stories, but they are great representations of Batman. They could also bring a lot of attention to comics, which is always great.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By reignmaker

How much you want to bet that WB crams yet another origin story down our throats? à la Amazing Spider-Man?

That being said, I agree with the above poster on "Court of the Owls." I just think that story would translate very well to a live-action film.

It's way too early to say for "Death of the Family." I liked the first issue, but let's wait for the rest of the story before we all label it a masterpiece that deserves to be converted to film.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#9  Edited By Black_Claw

It's inevitable that Batman will be rebooted again. But for the first film in the series, Just have it where he's already been Batman for a while. We've already seen the origin story twice and we don't need to see it again, but if DC really wants to refresh people's minds about how Batman became the way he is today, just do a quick 1 minute flashback and that's it.

As for villains, well it's obivious that Joker is gonna show up yet again but I'd love to see Black Mask and Harley Quinn. Plus I think Penguin has some potential contrary to popular belief, in my opinion, he needs to be like his Arkham City incarnation for the movies.

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FatihBATMAN

Joker is inevitable yea....Black Mask has a good chance also yeah.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By batshrine

I would so love for a cinematic universe that is all connected and you ditched the numbering system and go graphic novel style and just name the movies.

As far as villain I feel we need to go a little more fantastical to make him more feasible with JL so I will go with Clayface, or lets show some martial arts skills with him vs Slade Wilson or Lady Shiva!

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CrimsonCake

@batshrine said:

I would so love for a cinematic universe that is all connected and you ditched the numbering system and go graphic novel style and just name the movies.

As far as villain I feel we need to go a little more fantastical to make him more feasible with JL so I will go with Clayface, or lets show some martial arts skills with him vs Slade Wilson or Lady Shiva!

They might save Deathstroke for a Teen Titans movie.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Loki9876

what i want some more science-fiction stuff, nightwing, riddler (a cool one), penguin (also a cool one) and Hugo Strange not all in one movie of course.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By batshrine

@CrimsonCake: Hey I am ok with that, as long as we see Dick Grayson transform from Robin to Nightwing and get Tim Drake some limelight! It would be awesome for Deathstroke to be Nightwing's arch nemesis.

Movie Order should be:

Justice League, Batman, Batman Family Movie (one that contains Dick and Barbara), Batgirl (transformation to Oracle), Batman Family Sequel (Dick turning into Nightwing and the intro of Tim), Batman solo, Teen Titans (Nightwing as Leader), Justice League story, Batgirl or another Batman movie (intro of Cassie)

Justice League Villain: Injustice Gang! (would love to see the Justice! story line)

Batman: Clayface

Batman Family: Hush

Batgirl: Joker

Batman Family 2: Black Mask

Batman Solo: Riddler

Teen Titans: Trigon (Raven coming to Nightwing for help?)

Justice League: Starro :)

Batgirl 2 (or Batman 3) : Lady Shiva and League of Assassins

Avatar image for antarktischer_ureinwohner
    Antarktischer_Ureinwohner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well it won't work without Joker, everyone knows him, even if you never read Batman or watched other movies. But I love Joker, so it's allright ;)

Beside him i would really like to see Killer Croc and maybe other Bat-Family-Members, maybe a war of the Robins on the big screen...?

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Funrush

@batshrine said:

@CrimsonCake: Hey I am ok with that, as long as we see Dick Grayson transform from Robin to Nightwing and get Tim Drake some limelight! It would be awesome for Deathstroke to be Nightwing's arch nemesis.

Movie Order should be:

Justice League, Batman, Batman Family Movie (one that contains Dick and Barbara), Batgirl (transformation to Oracle), Batman Family Sequel (Dick turning into Nightwing and the intro of Tim), Batman solo, Teen Titans (Nightwing as Leader), Justice League story, Batgirl or another Batman movie (intro of Cassie)

Justice League Villain: Injustice Gang! (would love to see the Justice! story line)

Batman: Clayface

Batman Family: Hush

Batgirl: Joker

Batman Family 2: Black Mask

Batman Solo: Riddler

Teen Titans: Trigon (Raven coming to Nightwing for help?)

Justice League: Starro :)

Batgirl 2 (or Batman 3) : Lady Shiva and League of Assassins

Mine would be

• JL: Starro
    • Batman: Joker
    • Batman 2: Two Face, Ivy
    • JL 2: Injustice Gang (all other characters on team have had movies at this point, so main villains for them all (Joker, Lex, Cheetah, Sinestro, Captain Cold, Black Manta, Ivy) join together.)
    • Batman 3: Riddler, the Al Ghul's (Dick becomes Nightwing here)
    • Batman 4: Penguin, Scarecrow (Jason intro)
    • Teen Titans: Trigon
    • JL 3: Amazo
    • Batman 5: Joker, Harley (Death in the Family)
    • Batman 6: Clayface, Strange (Tim's initiation)
    • JL 4: ?
    • Batman 7: Al Ghul's (Damian beginning, Tim becomes Red Robin)
    • Batman 8: Joker, Harley, Black Mask (Under the Hood, Babs gets shot, Damian beats Joker with crowbar in interrogation room (Ya gotta love it), Red Hood kills Joker)

What DC isn't doing right is that they haven't expanded their movie empire. Marvel pumps out 2-3 movies a year, while the rate for DC is one every year and a half.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By batshrine

@Funrush: Not a bad list! Lets combine! hahaha I think its funny how we both didn't think Robin or Nightwing would feature their own movie (which they totally could, Nightwing more so than Robin). But honestly, does Nightwing have an iconic villain that doesn't belong to the teen titans or Batman? Deathstroke vs Nightwing!

Honestly this is clearly pulling from Marvel (though I think Marvel should totally do this) but have a civil war storyline! Batman and Green Lantern on opposite sides leading the charge. I like MArvel's story line of registration but that is way more pertinent in the Marvel world. But it could totally be a fight between autonomousity (is that a word) vs government control. Which is a big DC issue! Batman fighting for superhero independence of the government working with the government while Captain Atom, Green Lantern, or Wonder Woman leading the charge to work for the Government. I just prefer it be Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) cause I want a legit excuse for Batman to beat him up.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Eternal19

Lets not make this one Ultra realistic and bring in robin we need batman to feel like a superhero again.

the villian i'd like to see is Mr.Freeze

Galactic_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Galactic_Man

I don't want them to end the trilogy like they did with DKR - they should do it Spider-Man 3 style, leaving Peter's future as Spidey ambiguous.

StrangeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By StrangeMan

I just want them to not be afraid of being "non-realistic", don't get me wrong i loved Nolan's portrayal of Batman's mythos, but i'd choose a Joker victim of chemicals over a Joker with make up anyday.

And as far as villains go, Scarecrow and Hugo Strange make the top of my list (for the first installment preferably).

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#21  Edited By TheCannon

Villains I want in the Batman reboot (and its sequels):

• Hush
    • Clayface
    • Killer Croc
    • Red Hood
    • Mr. Freeze
    • Riddler
    • Black Mask
    • Penguin

I love Joker, but I want the focus on him in bat-related stuff to shift to people like I mentioned. One reason I'm happy about that Beware the Batman show.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Xanni15

Whatever story can work in Jason Todd I'd be cool with.

MissyMoxie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MissyMoxie

it would be interesting for someone to walk through Arkham and show a collection of them somewhere so that some that would otherwise never be in a movie get a cameo.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#24  Edited By BatWatch

@TheCannon said:

• Hush
    • Clayface
    • Killer Croc
    • Red Hood
    • Mr. Freeze
    • Riddler
    • Black Mask
    • Penguin

I love Joker, but I want the focus on him in bat-related stuff to shift to people like I mentioned. One reason I'm happy about that Beware the Batman show.

Agreed. I would take Croc off your list just because I've always found him generic, and Spider-Man pretty much beat Batman to the punch in the movie realm. I would like to see more supernatural elements in the next Batman series.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 47

#25  Edited By TheCannon

@PsychoKnights said:

@TheCannon said:

• Hush
    • Clayface
    • Killer Croc
    • Red Hood
    • Mr. Freeze
    • Riddler
    • Black Mask
    • Penguin

Agreed. I would take Croc off your list just because I've always found him generic, and Spider-Man pretty much beat Batman to the punch in the movie realm. I would like to see more supernatural elements in the next Batman series.

You know, that's a good point. Killer Croc would seem like DC is ripping off Lizard.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BatWatch

@TheCannon said:

@PsychoKnights said:

@TheCannon said:

• Hush
    • Clayface
    • Killer Croc
    • Red Hood
    • Mr. Freeze
    • Riddler
    • Black Mask
    • Penguin

You know, that's a good point. Killer Croc would seem like DC is ripping off Lizard.

Yeah, and honestly, he is even less developed than Lizard. He is about as shallow a villain as you can get...at least in most of his appearances. There was actually a really good Legends of the Dark Knight comic about him the other day that added a little depth.

http://www.comicvine.com/legends-of-the-dark-knight-dungeons-and-dragons-part-1-of-1/37-359182/user-reviews/?review_id=32148

tahmidk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By tahmidk

would like to see batmN GET HIS ASS HANDded to him by deathstrome in the big screen, and not manage to defeat him through the whole movie and just keep losing and then cry

Skewer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Skewer

hugo strange,riddler, the penguin with his iceberg lounge, black mask(the pre 52 one), clayface, poison ivy(used to her full potential), mr freeze(not like last time), killer croc,a full use of two face, joker and harley, deadshot, hush and many more.

Skewer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Skewer

@PsychoKnights said:

@TheCannon said:

@PsychoKnights said:

@TheCannon said:

• Hush
    • Clayface
    • Killer Croc
    • Red Hood
    • Mr. Freeze
    • Riddler
    • Black Mask
    • Penguin

Yeah, and honestly, he is even less developed than Lizard. He is about as shallow a villain as you can get...at least in most of his appearances. There was actually a really good Legends of the Dark Knight comic about him the other day that added a little depth.

http://www.comicvine.com/legends-of-the-dark-knight-dungeons-and-dragons-part-1-of-1/37-359182/user-reviews/?review_id=32148

Actually in his first incarnation he was a guy born with a rare skin condition. They just made him a more croc like thing, which I hate because it looks like a lizard rip off.

ShadowsofBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ShadowsofBirds

I was really hoping Cillian Murphey's Scarecrow would grow into something epic. The cameos worked, but I'd have loved to have seen him develop into a full fledged nemesis.

YMCMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By YMCMB

Robert Knepper could probably do Joker, but when I saw him Ra's Al Ghul actually came to mind.

Also, the next Batman movie might not be as far as you think, possibly even as early as 2015 or 16.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#32  Edited By entropy_aegis

Wrath,Penguin,Hugo Strange,Poison Ivy,Deadshot.

Avatar image for cancer_the_conqueror
    Cancer the Conqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Instead of rehashing what's already been done (I'm not including Amazing Spider-Man in there; there was room for improvement. Post-Nolan Batman just has room for innovation), why not make an adaptation of Batman Begins? I spent a while attempting to throw together a fan-casting for all the characters, and gave up after a while. My favorite idea was getting Hugo Weaving as Mr. Freeze's head. I know Mr. Weaving has already been a super-villain, but when I was trying to think of an actor that could channel what George Sanders brought to the show, Agent Smith's incredibly deadpan yet incredibly powerful way of speaking immediately came to mind. He sort of looks like him too...

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By reignmaker

I actually really like the realistic aspect. I hope it remains a staple for DC's offerings. From what I understand, that's the approach Man of Steel is following and I think it'll be a better movie for it. Green Lantern took the unrealistic approach and was a total fail. If you want bombastic popcorn fare, go watch a Marvel movie. They have that formula down. I'd like for DC to treat its properties differently.

"Realistic" is also pretty relative. Just think, do you think Nolan's Batman is going to feel realistic after 15+ years? I can already envision the mockery that future generations will make of Bale's Batman voice.

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By FatihBATMAN

@Reignmaker said:

Green Lantern took the unrealistic approach and was a total fail.

"Realistic" is also pretty relative. Just think, do you think Nolan's Batman is going to feel realistic after 15+ years?

Realistic future Batman?...sounds good to me...but I would like to see a more Comic-esque typa thing! but with realism to it!

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
    mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@BatWatch said:

@TheCannon said:

@PsychoKnights said:

@TheCannon said:

• Hush
    • Clayface
    • Killer Croc
    • Red Hood
    • Mr. Freeze
    • Riddler
    • Black Mask
    • Penguin

I disagree they could develop Croc more in the movie,deepen his character.

Skewer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Skewer

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@BatWatch said:

@TheCannon said:

@PsychoKnights said:

@TheCannon said:

• Hush
    • Clayface
    • Killer Croc
    • Red Hood
    • Mr. Freeze
    • Riddler
    • Black Mask
    • Penguin

They should just go back to the begining when he was a guy with a rare skin condition who was abused at an early age instead of the mutation thing.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Skewer said:

@BatWatch said:

@TheCannon said:

@PsychoKnights said:

@TheCannon said:

• Hush
    • Clayface
    • Killer Croc
    • Red Hood
    • Mr. Freeze
    • Riddler
    • Black Mask
    • Penguin

They should just go back to the begining when he was a guy with a rare skin condition who was abused at an early age instead of the mutation thing.

Maybe but the mutation would work just as well,if I had the chance to write him I would write him with more depth and character.

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39  Edited By Chaos Burn

Villains I would like to see in more Nolan-style Batman movies

Film 1- Riddler, challenged by Batmans constant heroics, the Riddler begins taking hostages to place in Saw like traps to test the Dark Knight. When Batman slowly learns to use his mind to it's potential, Riddler takes the city hostage in a game full of twists

Film 2 - Penguin, rival to Bruce Wayne, Cobblepot tries to snatch Gotham from underneath Batmans rule, by first sending the disfigured, cannibalistic henchman Killer Croc to hunt him down. After the Batman is assumed deceased down in the sewers, Cobblepot declares himself ruler of Gotham and forces everyone to suffer as he lives a life of luxury, until Batman returns to stop him.

those are my first two ideas

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BatWatch

@Skewer:

They could do that, but personally, I want to see more supernatural elements in the next Batman movie. I do not really want to see Killer Croc, but if they do use him, I want to see him in his crockiest form.

@mrdecepticonleader:

True, but Waylon is a character who is almost never given any depth in the first place.

@Chaos Burn said:

Villains I would like to see in more Nolan-style Batman movies

Film 1- Riddler, challenged by Batmans constant heroics, the Riddler begins taking hostages to place in Saw like traps to test the Dark Knight. When Batman slowly learns to use his mind to it's potential, Riddler takes the city hostage in a game full of twists

Film 2 - Penguin, rival to Bruce Wayne, Cobblepot tries to snatch Gotham from underneath Batmans rule, by first sending the disfigured, cannibalistic henchman Killer Croc to hunt him down. After the Batman is assumed deceased down in the sewers, Cobblepot declares himself ruler of Gotham and forces everyone to suffer as he lives a life of luxury, until Batman returns to stop him.

those are my first two ideas

The current story arc in Arkham Unhinged, Welcome to the Slough of Despond, has a villain called the Bookbinder who has used traps such as what you described for Riddler. However, he has also used completely different methods of accomplishing his agenda. I did not originally like Arkham Unhinged, but this is actually a really good arc.

For more news, reviews, and commentary for the entire Bat Family, check out BatWatch.net.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BatWatch: Which is why I would like to see it.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BatWatch

(shrugs) To each their own, but I would prefer to see somebody like Clayface or Man-Bat or Scarface or Hush...or pretty much anybody I had not seen in a movie before who actually has a personality.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BatWatch said:

(shrugs) To each their own, but I would prefer to see somebody like Clayface or Man-Bat or Scarface or Hush...or pretty much anybody I had not seen in a movie before who actually has a personality.

He does have a personality that's a point I was trying to make.He is just so rarely written with some depth.

Joker's Asylum II: Killer Croc
    Joker's Asylum II: Killer Croc
    BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BatWatch

@mrdecepticonleader:

He does not have much in any of the issues I have read. In that particular panel, he just looks sad.

Still, I'm sure someone has given him a personality, but in mine, he was either generic mob boss (No Man's Land) or a mindless monster (Hush)

. For more news, reviews, and commentary for the entire Bat Family, check out BatWatch.net.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BatWatch said:

@mrdecepticonleader:

He does not have much in any of the issues I have read. In that particular panel, he just looks sad.

Still, I'm sure someone has given him a personality, but in mine, he was either generic mob boss (No Man's Land) or a mindless monster (Hush)

. For more news, reviews, and commentary for the entire Bat Family, check out BatWatch.net.

Yeah he has not been given much in terms of character,there has been stories where he has more character.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BatWatch

@BatWatch said:

@mrdecepticonleader:

Yeah he has not been given much in terms of character,there has been stories where he has more character.

I do not know if you caught it, but there was an issue of Legends of the Dark Knight a month or two ago that actually showed some personality for Croc. It was actually quite good. You can check out my review of it in the Legends section of BatWatch.net if you are interested.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BatWatch said:

@BatWatch said:

@mrdecepticonleader:

I do not know if you caught it, but there was an issue of Legends of the Dark Knight a month or two ago that actually showed some personality for Croc. It was actually quite good. You can check out my review of it in the Legends section of BatWatch.net if you are interested.

Interesting.

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By FatihBATMAN

killer crocs cool

germandinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By germandinner

First Movie:: Main villains: The Phantasm, Mr. Freeze. Minor villains: Mobsters. Will adapt some of the storyline from Mask of the Phantasm, while keeping it unique enough to stand on its own. Will deal with Batman's origin without retracing the same ground covered in Batman Begins.

Second Movie:: Main villains: Court of Owls, Two Face. Minor villains: Catwoman (who will develop into love interest). Court of Owls will be behind Dent's transformation into Two-Face.

Third Movie:: Main villains: Joker (because at one point you really have to use him), James Gordon Jr. Minor villains: The Mutants.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TheCrowbar

Court of Owls! Make it so Warner Brothers! Make it so! Lets get a different Batman movie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.