Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

For those who have read batman #30

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Spoiler here if you haven't read batman #30 yet.

Does anyone else wonder what Alfred was doing during all this time? He seems like he is just sitting in the cave all the time in his tux doing nothing. I imagine Alfred should have been in the street helping people in every way he could. That could've been a part of the story Snyder could've looked at. Does anyone else agree? Just a minor complaint.

And I also didn't understand what Alfred was doing in the boat near the end of the book. Maybe I missed something, but could someone explain that part to me?

Russcovito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yes you're quite right although the only Alfred I imagine who would do that would be the Earth One .. one. So I agree but not entirely, Alfred is always in the Wayne Manor for me if he's not driving Brucie around. Also for the boat part, neither did I. Either it wasn't clear enough or we both don't read properly :p

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Alfred has obviously been gathering intel on what The Riddler has done and has been doing all along. When Batman calls him he gives Batman a LOT of information in the form of news, details, and basically what has transpired when Bruce was gone. That and he obviously packed everything in the Batcave.

Also, the submarine thingy Alfred is grabbing at the end, in the river, is what Batman used to get out of Gotham underwater and undetected, as he goes to help Gordon. Traveling underwater to get in or out of Gotham is another strategic info that Alfred gave Batman in their initial phone call.

You're welcome. :D

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Blackdog2009

@russcovito: WRONG!!!! Alfred is much MUCH MORE than a chouffer. As seen in this very issue. Without Alfred Batman would be lost in this war against The Riddler.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

complete agree he could have at least brought Batman a cape he looks silly without one

Russcovito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Russcovito

@blackdog2009: I didn't say that he was useless, nor did I say that Batman could be Batman without Alfred, I just stated that Pennyone is not a field agent of the Bat-Family (we can say that he is part of it I suppose ?). That's why he was in the Cave all this time. But Alfred sure is much MUCH MORE than a chouffer whatever that is !

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.