Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

First Time Reader

itscometothis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello, I just started reading graphic novels / comics recently (last few months). So far, I've been reading a lot of Marvel and it's pretty good... But then I read some DC and it seems a lot more gritty and mature. Primarily, I've read quite a bit of Batman. A couple classics like Year One and The Killing Joke as well as the newer one's from the New 52 series (the one with the Court of Owls). Although I like the old stuff, I love the new stuff even more. The art work in New 52 is amazing and it's the perfect amount of bloodiness for my taste. So my question is, can anyone speak to the degree of quality in the other New 52 comics? Specifically, Batman. Worth reading? Or should I go to the older comics. Wouldn't mind branching out and reading other superheroes but I wanted to know if the New 52 series is worth buying. Any thought?

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

DC isn't really more dark and gritty than Marvel. Batman himself is just a dark character. For new 52 stuff I'd recommend Batman and Robin

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

for batman stick with the old stuff no one has anything on morrisons run

other new stuff i would check out is

pretty soon detecetive will have a new team so check that out

lil Gotham is neat and cheap comic for kids and adults

all star western its awsome but needs sales

Green Arrow but their about to bring in Richard Dragon hes a character i really like so if they mess him up may drop it until hes gone

Earth 2 but dont like what they did with batman

??? i know there ae more but drawing a blank right now

but stay away from teen titians. red hood, catwoman they are crap. other people can add more but those are the three that really piss me off

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.