Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Final fate of nightwing

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
    blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By blackhawk000111

Forever evil 6

The final fate of Nightwing! The most unlikely of allies have set the Crime Syndicate in their sights — and they’re playing for keeps while the life of a hero hangs in the balance! Plus, the identity of the mysterious man in the hood is finally revealed!

No Caption Provided

I am excited for this issue and waiting for wednesday,how about you?

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

iam the majority of forever evil has just felt like padding and with this issue it finaly feels like we are getting some where

Avatar image for patrickborkland
    patrickborkland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthenorth: I agree, Forever Evil has been a fun read so far with a few small action scenes, but nothing major. But this issue is what I've been waiting for. I really really hope nightwing makes it out, mainly bcuz if he dies, it's what everyone expected from the beginning

HighlyEvolved

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope he dies, and stays dead. Would be a real shocker for the industry.

Avatar image for timelordscience
    TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would also be pretty silly imo to kill off such an important character to the Batman mythos just for shock value.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You'd be willing to kill off one of the most important characters in the Batman mythos and throw out decades worth of potential story material just for shock value?

Avatar image for timelordscience
    TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TimeLordScience
    blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(5) Dick Grayson Dies

As many know, DC Comics co-publisher Dan DiDio has for years joked about his desire to kill Dick Grayson and therefore Nightwing. That never materialized, but the teaser cover art for the final issue of Nightwing, cancelled in April 2014, and the Forever Evil house ad are a bit bloodied. Does death come to DC Comics’ original sidekick?

I think this is unlikely since DC Comics recently killed its most recent Robin, Damian Wayne who is also Batman’s son, in the pages of Batman Incorporated. Plus, Jason Todd the second Robin and current Red Hood, has also died and returned (long story) in the past. If Dick Grayson dies, I guess Tim Drake, Batman’s third sidekick as Red Robin, may need to start looking over his shoulder as he’d be the last of the Robins for the Grim Reaper to slay.

(4) Nightwing Retired

Dick Grayson is an iconic hero, but he’s also lived through a lot of trauma from his parents dying and his efforts to be the bright beacon in Batman’ s dark life. He retired as Robin at some point in the New 52. Maybe Dick Grayson just gives up on the hero life and fills a non-action oriented role in the DC Comics New 52? Perhaps as DC Comics new Oracle? He could support and enable other heroes in their crime fighting work?

This seems unlikely since Dick Grayson, as a teen, is one of DC Comics first heroes from the Golden Age. He also a fine example of the successful aging and maturation of a character from teen-to-man in comicdom. He also had a very successful stint as Batman in recent years that legitimized him further with fans. He is A-level, Justice League material, so an active role is likely for Dick Grayson post Forever Evil.

(3) A Super-Powered Nightwing

Miraclo the super-powers granting drug seems to be making its way through DC Entertainment; from being the drug that powers an aged new Batman on Earth 2 to powering Deathstroke and Roy Harper in CW’s Arrow TV show. Perhaps Miraclo, or by some other means, Nightwing receives super-powers in Forever Evil? That would make him more powerful to protect himself from the villains that know his secret identity. That would not require Dick Grayson to abandon either his heroic identity or his civilian one. Wally West in the 1980s and after had his secret identity outed and functioned effectively as the Flash for a generation of readers. Green Lanterns John Stewart and Guy Gardner wear no masks, but possess the most powerful weapons on their fingers in the universe. It is a identity model that has worked for DC.

(2) Nightwing Dies

Unlikely Dick Grayson, who it is unlikely will die, the identity of Nightwing can die. Dick Grayson could become another masked hero and do good. However, while this is a very plausible and likely outcome of Forever Evil, the question is whether the identity of Dick Grayson dies too? So that afterwards Dick Grayson continues to live in the DC Comics New 52, but as a new hero with a new secret identity?

(1) A New Hero Emerges

My money is on a combo or #2 and #1 on this list, although Nightwing doesn’t necessarily have to die for a new heroic identity for Dick Grayson to emerge. Despite anOwlman already debuting at the end of the Court of Owls opus a few years ago, and another alternate Earth Owlman in Earth 3 Crime Syndicate’s Batman analogue, I think Dick Grayson will don the identity of Owlman at the end of Forever Evil He will then continue to fight crime, but as a mole in the DC Comics New 52 underworld.Clearly, other possibilities exist for a new nom du guerre for Dick Grayson, and you can share with me your thoughts on that, but this scenario seems plausible.

I wonder what falls out of the Crime Syndicate Olwman’s interest in him. Is Owlman really Owlman in the Crime Syndicate? Could Thomas Wayne already be dead and instead of his Dick Grayson, Earth 3′s Talon, being dead, that Earth 3 Dick Grayson is actually Owlman fighting the Crime Syndicate from within? If so, perhaps he gives that identity to “our” Dick Grayson to continue the mission of bringing down criminals from within their ranks? Hmmm.

So, what do you think is the final fate that is “decided” for Nightwing in Forever Evil #6?

Thanks for reading. All feedback welcome!

HighlyEvolved

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Well obviously a good story wrapped around his death, and no resurrection whatsoever. I want to get permanent deaths back into comics. Just my opinion, you have yours.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

I'm excited for the issue, Dick Grayson is not going to die, I can guarantee that.

Munsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackhawk000111: Earth 3 Dick Grayson is dead. That was shown in the CSA Villain's month book. Thomas Jr. (Earth 3's Owlman) killed his parents and Bruce then later was responsible for the death of Dick Grayson's parents because he wanted to take him in and have him be Bruce's replacement, who was his younger Brother in Earth 3. The Owlman on the main Earth is claiming to be Bruce's younger brother I believe. Anyway, later Earth 3's Joker killed Dick Grayson by cutting him into pieces and putting him in boxes for Owlman to find. Owlman then killed the Joker. That happened shortly before Earth 3 was destroyed by that mysterious being.

blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Black_Arrow

thanks for spoiling everything DC we can already see that is Alexander Luthor.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By Lvenger

I seriously hope Dick Grayson isn't killed off. There's so much more that could be done with the character if he gets a new identity or retires or plays a new role in the DCU. Killing him off would be cheap and disrespectful to the character's history. And Dick Grayson is one of the most developed characters with a great deal of growth to him over the years. Suffice to say, he deserves better than that.

thanks for spoiling everything DC we can already see that is Alexander Luthor.

It could be Earth 3 Jimmy Olson instead you know :P

Azrael_Online

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Azrael_Online

I'm going with the Oracle theory

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

@youknowwhattodo: @blackhawk000111: @highlyevolved: @patrickborkland:

Dick Grayson is dead!...just read Forever Evil #6

I was never a big fan of Nightwing, i always liked more, Batman, jason todd, and cassandra cain, but i don't like what DC did to him anyway...but now, at least, since there's a new Nightwing series with new writers coming soon, there's at least a chance for me, and others, to see cassandra cain come back

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@bat_girl_cc: Haha, a bit late to the party. :P

And I'll eat my hat if Dick isn't revived almost immediately next issue.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@bat_girl_cc: Haha, a bit late to the party. :P

And I'll eat my hat if Dick isn't revived almost immediately next issue.

I don't think he will...DC could have done this diferently in many ways...i don't think they would kill him, just to revive him in the next issue...if hey killed him...sadly, i think it's just because they want him dead...and as long as "Didio is running the show", that's no surprise...

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc: All it takes is some CPR and maybe a defribillator if we're getting fancy. Luthor even said "it's not too late." Batman has stopped his own heart countless times in the past.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

#

@jaken7 said:

@bat_girl_cc: All it takes is some CPR and maybe a defribillator if we're getting fancy. Luthor even said "it's not too late." Batman has stopped his own heart countless times in the past.

i know he may be revived in the next issue, but i just don't belive it...sorry

my guess, is that they had luthor saying that, to make the most people buying the last issue has they could...that way, there will be always people beliving he won't die, and buying forever evil #7...and he stays dead in the end...remember the preview for this issue, in the sloicitations, they said, in #6 we would get to know the final fate of Nightwig...and also, we would receive some hints at who the mystery hooded man is...and now we know Nightwing's final fate...death...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21 the_stegman  Moderator

I'm thinking Dick is gonna fake is death, at the hands of Luthor via some magical heart stopping, pressure point hit, and start a new life since his old identity has been compromised.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm thinking Dick is gonna fake is death, at the hands of Luthor via some magical heart stopping, pressure point hit, and start a new life since his old identity has been compromised.

lol, it's hard to fake your own death, when you are already dead...lol...but he can always be revived in the next issue, let's hope he is, but don't get to confident, because, personaly, i don't belive he will be revived

Alertcircuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And he'll dye his hair blonde.

Avatar image for patrickborkland
    patrickborkland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: @justthatkid: @bat_girl_cc: @the_stegman: my predictions before this issue was: To have the audience believe he was actually dead until the end of Forever Evil where its revealed that Bruce had a plan for this all along and snuck him away to make everyone believe he is dead. Almost the same scenario when Sinestro snuck Ganeth and Sayd away after "First Lantern" story arc. Bruce would do this because now everyone knows Grayson's identity. If this happened, it only feeds into how much of a genius Bruce is and how he has a back up plan for everything

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.