Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Favorite New 52 Retcon!!! (Spoilers?)

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By batshrine

So Pre-DCNU Morrison thought it would be a great idea to make it public that Bruce publicly backs Batman (he was wrong, it was an awful idea). And I thought it sticked in DCNU cause it was mention in Batwing 1 or 2. But according to Justice League Dark #14, its not public knowledge anymore who backs Batman :). This makes me sooo happy!

Your thoughts?

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SmashBrawler

I didn't hate that idea but I didn't love it either. Hardly my favorite retcon from The New 52, though.

Sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sammo21

I thought Batman Inc was one of the dumbest things I have ever heard and I didn't care for the series. The Batman that Morrisson likes is the Batman I don't...60s Batman and schlocky, campy Batman. I also didn't care for his entire run on Batman so yeah. I'm happy Snyder is in charge and Morrisson is out of DC soon enough.

ReachDestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ReachDestroyer

Morrison is a genius (thought I'd make it clear I'm biased right away). I recently read the whole of his run on Batman to his latest Batman INC stuff and Scott Snyder's run pales in comparison. I know that's a controversial statement to put out there while everyone's in love with the guy but to me his stuff just feels mediocre and unimaginative. It doesn't feel like he's adding anything that hasn't been done before. Mysterious organisation? Done before. New character who turns out to be evil? Perhaps Scott's second name should Loeb. Of course he could change that with the Death of the Family going on but I don't see it happening at the moment. Damian or Alfred will be killed and Harper Row will take over the deceased's role until in a couple of years they return. I think people like him so much at the moment is because everything else is awful (apart from INC and Legends of The Dark Knight - check it out if you haven't already) and Greg Capullo's art is outstanding.Anyway, rant over.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By batshrine

@ReachDestroyer: I never said Morrison was a bad writer. In fact I was on board with Batman Inc ever since it was announced. I just hated that one aspect that Bruce announced that he financially backed Batman. It left way to many openings and it almost seemed like a naive move for Bruce.

And honestly the current writers on all the series are actually all pretty strong right now. If you have read the latest issues of Batman: Dark Knight or Detective Comics they are not bad at all!!!

The only series with any Batman related characters that need new writers in my honest opinion are Catwoman, Worlds' Finest, and Teen Titans. Otherwise the people writing the Batman related comics are all very strong. (though I will admit tomasi is slacking or struggling or just something is going on)

Skewer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Skewer

It was a stupid thing to do to announce that he backs batman. That means now there would have been lawyers with lawsuits, death threats against employees including Lucius Fox and Alfred Pennyworth and the worst thing it ment that if James Gordon was unsatisfied with batman's work he would make a complaint to Bruce Wayne which is very irritating thus ruining his character.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.