Favorite Batman Supporting Character?

#1 Edited by gotwillpower (679 posts) - - Show Bio

With the addition of Harper Row, the newest Bat-verse character, I've been thinking about who my favorite Batman supporting character is.

This is kinda difficult for me, because so many of Batman's relationships with other characters are interesting. There's Alfred, James Gordon, the Joker, Dick Grayson, Tim Drake, Jason Todd, Barbara Gordon, Talia, and Selina, just to name a few!

Personally, I think of these characters I've always liked Alfred the most as a character, but Joker's relationship is far more captivating.

Who is your favorite supporting character? (and maybe there's a specific verison). What do you think of Harper Row? Do you think that the number of characters is sometimes overwhelming?

Edit: Totally didn't even see that Harper Row post, so forget about telling me what you think of Harper Row. Post in the other topic!

#2 Posted by Saucedo17 (135 posts) - - Show Bio

Alfred gotta love the father figure

#3 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Alfred- We are kindred spirits always telling someone not to do something reckless, and stitching their wounds and giving a lecture when they don't listen.

#4 Posted by The_Tree (7879 posts) - - Show Bio

Of all the supporting Batman characters, I like Tim the most. I even like him more than Batman.

#5 Posted by Onemoreposter (4090 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman, even at his most independent, needs a pretty big supporting team to be done right. Alfred and Gordon are must haves regardless. I grew up in the Oracle era so for me, she's almost a necessity and I'm having to learn to live without her. Finally, Dick. Grayson's been part of the mythos almost since the beginning. I know Nightwing is a popular hero in his own right these days, but to me, he'll always be that streak of daylight and flickering smile Bruce needs to pierce into his darkness every now and again

I love alot of the Batfamily supporting cast, but those four I think are the most important.

#6 Posted by Tunsieon (316 posts) - - Show Bio

What, no love for Ace the Bat Hound?

#7 Posted by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

damian

#8 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

@Saucedo17 said:

Alfred gotta love the father figure

#9 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

nightwing, jason todd, terry mcginnis, the joker.

#10 Posted by Dark_Moolahs (22 posts) - - Show Bio

nightwing

#11 Posted by HarlequinKiss (441 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason or Alfred. They're both pretty badass.

#12 Posted by BigCimmerian (8702 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Alfred
2. Nightwing
3. Gordon

#13 Posted by Deranged Midget (17854 posts) - - Show Bio

Has to be Gordon or Alfred.

#14 Posted by sj_esposito (457 posts) - - Show Bio

Technicially Tim, because he's my overall favorite character, but I view him not really as a supporting character. So, Gordon is my favorite character in a more supporting role to Batman.

#15 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
Alfred and Gordon, then Damian.  

Most of the other characters mentioned here are occasional guest stars, not regular members of Batman's supporting cast at this point in time.
#16 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

superman. BAM! i went there

#17 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15123 posts) - - Show Bio

Alfred nuff said.

#18 Posted by Big_Nasty (346 posts) - - Show Bio

Nolan batman's made Mr. fox so relevant. Tie between him and Alfred .

#19 Posted by gotwillpower (679 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tunsieon said:

What, no love for Ace the Bat Hound?

Whoops, I forgot!

#20 Edited by TDK_1997 (15085 posts) - - Show Bio

Well,from these guys here I like the most Gordon and Alfred.

Tim,Dick and Joker are more of additional characters than supporting ones.

#21 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Alfred and Gordon.

Although I love Harper.

#22 Posted by YMCMB (160 posts) - - Show Bio

Bat-mite

#23 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7954 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Wayne.

#24 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian said:

1. Alfred
2. Nightwing
3. Gordon

Exactly what I was thinking

#25 Posted by SupBatz (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

They're all great and it's hard to pick a favorite as individual characters. But when choosing a favorite character to have in a supporting role it's gotta be Oracle.

#26 Posted by TheCannon (19223 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Huntress the most.

#27 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7682 posts) - - Show Bio

Alfred Hands down.

#28 Posted by BlackPookie (640 posts) - - Show Bio

damn i love them all, tim, alfred, stephanie, even damien...

#29 Posted by tuananhxu99001 (96 posts) - - Show Bio

Gordon, the hero

Alfred, the super assistant

Joker, the best villain

#30 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Batman's interactions with Grayson. Anytime that he and Grayson are in the same story it is usually a great one. Other than that, any Robin usually creates a great Bat story. Where would the series be without Alfred, Gordon, and Babs. Hell even the occasional Superman cameo is a pleasure. I guess where this has led me to, is that Batman truly is a character built from an amazing idea and an amazing cast of supporting characters.

#31 Posted by Skewer (325 posts) - - Show Bio

Alfred, dick, James Gordon, Barbara, Tim, Harvey bullock and Renee Montoya.

#32 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite is Alfred! close second is Dick Grayson

#33 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9251 posts) - - Show Bio

There are many supporting characters I enjoy from Batman. Just to name a few Barbara Gordon, Tim Drake, Nigthwing, and Stephanie Brown

#34 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

I seriously think that its impossible to have one single fav. Character because every character compliments eachother in another way.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.