Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Favorite and least favorite Batman titles (Blog a day 6)

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 2

Edited By BradBrains

This is going to be a shot blog tingy today. was cleaning all day so am pretty tired. also i really want to read more of the godfather. such a good book.  

my question for everyone is in a world where there are more batman ongoing then you can shake a stick at which one is keeping you comming back and why. and just for fun what is your least favoriter 

no surprises here batman and robin has been my favorite. grant morrosion knows what hes doing. his work here and on superman is amazing and can really tella  gret story (though sometimes batman and robin can be a little bit confusing had. to re-read a couple pages once or twice. but maybe im dumb. 

least favorite i gotta say batman confidential. but maybe its because i didn't like that "batman vs the undead storyline. maybe ill give it another chance. 

how bout you guys? let me know!

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
    The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

Batman Confidential #49 was a masterpiece one-shot story. #50 is the start of a sucktacular new arc and a reminder why I rarely buy it. 

Other than that Red Robin is pretty consistently excellent and the just finished arc of Detective Comics, Impostors, was mind blowing. And Streets of Gotham ranks right next to Batman and Robin among my absolute favorite series.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BradBrains
    @The Mighty Monarch said:
    " Batman Confidential #49 was a masterpiece one-shot story. #50 is the start of a sucktacular new arc and a reminder why I rarely buy it.  Other than that Red Robin is pretty consistently excellent and the just finished arc of Detective Comics, Impostors, was mind blowing. "
    that disappoints me becuase the idea originally behind confidential (that of a young bruce Wayne in his first years as batman) seems like a great idea.
    The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And it started off so well. Lovers and Madmen was spectacular, and presented my only acceptable origin story for the Joker (FAR better than that pile of horse crap The Killing Joke suggested.) And I very much enjoyed The Bat and the Beast, but everything after that failed to pique my interest. And I had better comics to spend my money on. Like Streets of Gotham. And Outsiders. And Doom Patrol. Love those 3 along with Batman and Robin. Oh, and Batman Beyond has been spectacular as well.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BradBrains
    @The Mighty Monarch said:

" And it started off so well. Lovers and Madmen was spectacular, and presented my only acceptable origin story for the Joker (FAR better than that pile of horse crap The Killing Joke suggested.) And I very much enjoyed The Bat and the Beast, but everything after that failed to pique my interest. And I had better comics to spend my money on. Like Streets of Gotham. And Outsiders. And Doom Patrol. Love those 3 along with Batman and Robin. Oh, and Batman Beyond has been spectacular as well. "

didnt check out batman beyond. may pick up the trade    
    The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BradBrains: It does the animated series A LOT of justice. I'm extremely excited for the last issue of the miniseries at the end of the month and the beginning of the ongoing in January.
    BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BradBrains
    @The Mighty Monarch:  

cant say i payed to much attention to the animated show though i do remember watching it.\\glad to hear it got an ongoing. i know a lot of people where hoping for it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.