Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23505 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Exclusive: Batman Group May 2013 Solicits

• 146 results
    broo1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 180

User Lists: 45

#101  Edited By broo1232

That Batman incorporated cover is um...... interesting but can't wait for it.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By SupBatz

WHAT THE HELL DID THEY DO TO THE VENTRILOQUIST?!?!?!

TheJSquad34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By TheJSquad34

Does anyone else think Snyder is going to be considered overrated soon? I'm just not sure has chops to continue the great work he did with The Black Mirror. Court of Owls was stolen from RIP.

alex6166

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By alex6166

Capullo kills it again!

Batman and Robin isn't bad either.

Avatar image for michaelthemighty17
    michaelthemighty17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

i think that jason will die because in issue 20 of red hood red arrows holding jasons mask.........

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Mega_spidey01

i love that talia al ghul cover. baby got back !  and that batwing cover is badass !  

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107  Edited By SuperJedi17

@sheldipez said:

BATMAN #20's cover has a Frank Miller vibe about it (Batman's chin maybe?) LOVE IT!

This isn't a mud pit.It's an operating table.

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By firecracker22

That Talia cover for Batman Inc. is really nice.

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By FatihBATMAN

Looking great!

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#110  Edited By Jenkale

freeze looks kinda small. with them having him all in shadow im guessing this is a new freeze, ms. freeze perhaps?

Novemberx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Novemberx2

The batman and robin cover looks like he's smashing the terrible new iron man he has for the tie in GOG

bob808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#112  Edited By bob808

Looking forward to Talon.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Zeeguy91

@akbogert said:

@Zeeguy91: That's my point. New 52 was a chance to be a bit more progressive. And they gave her a sweet-looking costume that had an excuse behind it (she was a revered captain). For the first time she had a modest outfit that made sense from a narrative and combat perspective. I'm disappointed to see them now regressing back to the status quo portrayal of her.

I'm kind of confused because what you're asking for might be labelled less progressive by some, myself included. A few points:

1. Just because a female character wears a revealing outfit doesn't mean that she automatically becomes a two-dimensional sex bunny of a character. What matters is her personality, and although Lobdell got flack early on over the portrayal of Starfire, there have been several instances, such as the space captain role that you described, where Starfire shined as a character. I remember seeing panels where Starfire's dialogue showed her as someone who preaches peace and hope over senseless violence and hatred. THAT is what should matter, not what she's wearing. She could have had the same revealing outfit in her space captain role and it wouldn't have mattered because of the simple fact that the captain role itself meant that she was stepping up as a character. In essence, boiling Starfire down to what she's wearing and saying that its indicative of how DC is choosing to portray her as a character is akin to saying that women who like to wear miniskirts or sexy cocktail dresses when they go out are whores. Just to be clear, I'm not saying this is your actual opinion, I'm just saying how it could sound like you're saying this
    2. Wasn't her regular, revealing costume also justified from a logistical standpoint? Remember, Starfire gets her powers from absorbing the sun's ultraviolet radiation through her skin. Therefore, the more skin that is exposed to the sunlight, the more powerful she is. I know that this could simply have been put in as a way to sexualize her, but it also played an important part of her character in the New Teen Titans days. For example, her entire relationship with her sister (and even Blackfire's reasons for becoming a villain in the first place) stem from the fact that Blackfire had a disorder where she couldn't absorb sunlight through her skin normally and didn't have the same flight powers as regular Tamaranians (such as Starfire) had.
    akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#114  Edited By akbogert

@Zeeguy91: Well, first, allow me to point you at No, but really, why?, the thread/blog I wrote more or less in response to this.

Second, I appreciate what you are saying. The notion of freeing sexuality as a means of expressing female power is obviously nothing new. But the real question, one neither of us can truly answer but may speculate on, is whether Starfire wears so little out of personal statement of freedom or out of the artist/writer's desire to have her dress as such. Real women who make real decisions about their clothing, sure, I get that they don't want to be controlled by men's rules, whether for modesty or for objectification (though some girls make a bad name for this view by actually being slutty and then defending their right as if it were somehow honorable). I personally don't feel like Kori's pseudo-bikini is her making a personal statement about independence. I think it's just fanservice that is conveniently justified because it could be about independence.

Someone in that other thread (where I think you should respond to me, if you choose to respond, since it's not necessarily the point of this topic ^_^) pointed out that Superman also gets his powers because of Earth's sun, but he wears almost full-body clothing. I'm not saying there's nothing to the argument, but I'm saying again it's not an ironclad defense and it certainly doesn't disprove the notion that the real reason for the outfit is fanservice.

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By bladewolf

Damn...guess I'm going to be buying a TON of comics come May.

Also...my theory about Damian dying looks more and more plausible...

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Onemoreposter: Oh Yah Hated Micheal Lane

Avatar image for emperormeister734
    Emperormeister734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 10

I'm really digging the new Batwing armor

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#118  Edited By Teerack

:o Is Roy finally taking center stage in ROATO?! :D He already narrates, might as well.

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#119  Edited By RedOwl_1

... seems like a good month, by the meanwhile I can't wait for Batman #17

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

#120  Edited By wessaari

So happy that RHTO got a well deserved annual, and actually taking the time to answer questions we have been asking since the beginning fo the new 52, and on top of that every new issue of the current storyline is looking so above and beyond awesome I cant wait to throw money at it!!!!

Definitely getting Batman, Nightwing, might check out Batgirl, Batwing is really peeking my interest with this new armor and a psosible new Batwing, Talon looking great as always, and RHTO goes without saying

soumya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#121  Edited By soumya

Brett Booth is doing great in the Nightwing cover

Avatar image for jesusdisciple001
    jesusdisciple001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman vs Clayface and why is RHATO focusing on Roy? Not that I don't like him but he is in DC presents.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Lvenger said:

Is Snyder teasing a Superman/Batman team up? Aw yeah just what I wanted!

Yeah I was thinking along the same lines.

Avatar image for jesusdisciple001
    jesusdisciple001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By entropy_aegis

@jesusdisciple001: So?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#126  Edited By Lvenger

@entropy_aegis said:

@Lvenger said:

Is Snyder teasing a Superman/Batman team up? Aw yeah just what I wanted!

Yeah I was thinking along the same lines.

Looking at the cover, it does remind me a lot of this image

Plus although this might just be me, I think I can make out a cape under all that gloop along with Superman's face. And Snyder's teased an appearance by Superman on Twitter so I guess this might be it.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Lvenger: Snyder will also be writing Man of Steel which is heavily rumored to be out in June, seems connected IMO.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#128  Edited By Lvenger

@entropy_aegis: So I assumed as well. A precursor or linking prologue to his new series perhaps?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Lvenger said:

@entropy_aegis: So I assumed as well. A precursor or linking prologue to his new series perhaps?

Likely.

Botiste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Botiste

@Zeeguy91: I fully understand where your coming from, and I believe whole heatedly in "female empowerment" and I agree to a half point on your statement. . .

In essence, boiling Starfire down to what she's wearing and saying that its indicative of how DC is choosing to portray her as a character is akin to saying that women who like to wear miniskirts or sexy cocktail dresses when they go out are whores. Just to be clear, I'm not saying this is your actual opinion, I'm just saying how it could sound like you're saying this

True. You take a woman form an African tribe nation who is accustomed to wearing top less attires with piercing as a form of her national heritage, and migrate her to the social standards of US customs, and your point would would be made crystal clear. She is not a whore and her attire is the expression of her character. But frankly this is not the excuse most comics give for disrobing nearly every heroic woman in comics. If any woman is being stereotyped at all with the comic arena, it is working mother. It is they that fight to show their worth through skill and not skin. It is they who has to set the example to their daughters that getting half naked is not the sole form of "woman empowerment". It is the pregnant woman, to where in comics the delivering of life is never concerned "heroic" (so no pregnant are allow). It is the older woman. Where it is addressed that men of 40 and 50 year of age could date younger women (Rogue and Magneto) but older women can't simply be in comics if you can not fit into a two piece. It is the minority women. In comics name four Indian women, four African women, four Mexican woman, there are more white looking aliens in comics the real minority women. Point being I agree with assessment about not judging a woman for what she wares. We have to be careful of judging anyone. But truthfully you should not dress in a bikini and teach a class full of underage students (Emma Frost). You should not fight on the front lines in a military battle half naked, even if your are invulnerable. (Ms Marvel). Real world talk, How you dress makes a difference, and there are so much more to women then how they have been portrayed in comics. Most of the time it is men explaining the position of a women in comics (myself included) but ask real women, mothers, working women, home women, minority women or most women in general how they feel about how they are portrayed in comics and the answer would shock us both. (nice article)

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By FatihBATMAN

@entropy_aegis said:

@Lvenger: Snyder will also be writing Man of Steel which is heavily rumored to be out in June, seems connected IMO.

yes!

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By entropy_aegis

Why are we discussing Starfire's sexuality in a Batman thread?

Back on topic,Batwing looks badass I'll be on board for the new direction,Detective looks disappointing(Ogivly had so much potential).

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Zeeguy91

@entropy_aegis: Because Starfire stars in one of the Batman family books now.

@Botiste: I completely get where you're coming from, but there are some things in your argument that I think should be addressed.

For one, I don't think superhero pregnancy is underrepresented because they want to disempower women. Bottom line is that pregnant women should not be engaging in dangerous superhero vs. villain battles because of potential harm to the baby that they're carrying. No one is saying that a mother cannot be a superheroine, but I think it's probably best that a pregnant woman stay out of a zone of combat. Although, if I remember correctly, Liberty Bell tried for some time to remain a hero while she was pregnant.

Furthermore, while there can definitely be more minority women represented in comics, there's no denying the ones already there. To go by the guidelines you laid out:

African women: Nubia (DC), Storm (Marvel), Vixen (DC)

Hispanic women: Pantha (DC, Teen Titans), Fire (DC, Brazilian), White Tiger (Marvel, Puerto Rican), Aquamaria (Milestone), Menagerie (DC, Puerto Rican), Kendra Saunders (DC, half-Latina)

Indian/Pakistani women: Aruna (DC), Solstice (DC, Teen Titans), Excalibur (Marvel), Plus (Bina and Apurna Chawney, Milestone)

Like I said, there should still definitely be more representation of non-white women. Hell, even Starfire herself doesn't look traditionally white.

Botiste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Botiste

Clearly, there are not enough Bat books in DCU. lol

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The team-up we've all been waiting for that Batman #20 hints at is probably the most intriguing piece here. I wanna know who!

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By SuperJedi17

@soumya said:

Think it's Saiko Or William Cobb that returns?

Bitchgurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Bitchgurl

If DC wants Bat Armor, bring back the outfit Azrael wore as Batman. 

Now THAT was nice.

soumya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By soumya

@SuperJedi17 said:

@soumya said:

Whoever he is,it seems he now controls Nightwing by taking his eskrima sticks...could be Saiko,..could be William Cobb,...could be Jimmy.Altough I want see Saiko again.He would be a great adversary of Nightwing

Avatar image for daboyfromsaturn
    daboyfromsaturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By daboyfromsaturn

most look like the bat family was beaten

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By SuperJedi17

@soumya said:

@SuperJedi17 said:

@soumya said:

Whoever he is,it seems he now controls Nightwing by taking his eskrima sticks...could be Saiko,..could be William Cobb,...could be Jimmy.Altough I want see Saiko again.He would be a great adversary of Nightwing

I can't remember,but i think Saiko's hair wasn't that long,it could be interesting to see cobb return,given their familial ties.

Also cool Profile Pic,love Capullo's art on Batman.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

BATMAN AND BATWOMAN!!!!

soumya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By soumya

@SuperJedi17 said:

@soumya said:

@SuperJedi17 said:

@soumya said:

I can't remember,but i think Saiko's hair wasn't that long,it could be interesting to see cobb return,given their familial ties.

Then I think it will be cool.May be Cobb mocks Nightwing's every move by reminding him that he was supposed to be a talon...and thanks for the complement.May many creative teams come and go,I don't have a problem....but on Batman?...I don't want to see anybody doing the art other than Capullo.He is a maestro in the pencil department.

adamrcorrigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By adamrcorrigan

16 titles, am the only one that thinks that is overkill for the Bat family which is now more like an army. DC need to add a bit of variation.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batwing new costume? Make sense to cover the face.

Dhor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Dhor

batman and robin (Drake)

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By SuperJedi17

@soumya said:

@SuperJedi17 said:

@soumya said:

@SuperJedi17 said:

@soumya said:

Then I think it will be cool.May be Cobb mocks Nightwing's every move by reminding him that he was supposed to be a talon...and thanks for the complement.May many creative teams come and go,I don't have a problem....but on Batman?...I don't want to see anybody doing the art other than Capullo.He is a maestro in the pencil department.

I'm actually intrigued about Andy Kubert(i think that's who it is) doing art for issue #19,being a guy that started with the new 52,it's exciting to see new people,but if they're on Batman,it better be only temporary,same goes for writing duties on Nightwing :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.