Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23537 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Evil Batman story line???

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
    superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

So after injustice (and many like it) we have seen a sinister/corrupted superman. We've seen evil jordan. Barry screwing up timeline.
    But why isnt there any corrupted batman storyline? I remember DC touching that topic a lil when bats got sups powers in Superman/Batman series...
    I would love to see batman being diabolical and sinister... or something like that. And no i do not mean Tower of Babel or something like that.
    So is there any story like that?
    Or you think bruce just becomes like lex then?

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By ccraft

Theres a few, but I can't think of any... Try google, might be faster that way.

Batman the Cult was good, but he wasn't evil he was brainwashed.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

There's Catwoman: Guardian of Gotham where there's a role reversal; Catwoman is a billionaire orphan who grows up in Kyle Mansion with a sexy French (?) maid who raises her after her parents are killed by Joe Chill. Batman is a lunatic serial killer who starts wiping out the criminal underworld in the bloodiest manner possible, and Catwoman has to stop him. But there wasn't a whole lot of finesse in that portrayal. Batman was basically just "HAHAHA DIE CROC EAT FIST TWO-FACE YOU'RE NEXT CATWOMAN".

There's also Batman: Nosferatu where he's a rather sinister creature who governs the hellish underbelly of Metropolis, but I'd hesitate to call that evil. It's more of a horrific reinterpretation of Batman, since that book along with Metropolis and The Blue Amazon were redefining the DC Trinity by viewing them through the lens of the tenets of German Expressionism.

Evil Superman is a more popular story element because it provokes the imagination to a greater extent. Picture all the trouble we'd be in if a superluminal planet-tosser who shoots fire out of his eyes ever went over to the dark side, and then picture all the trouble we'd be in if a billionaire genius martial artist ever went over to the dark side. Which do you think seems more terrifying? Which do you think the world has a greater chance of surviving?

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Try Matt Wagner's Grendel.

BB

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

All-Star Batman and Robin, lol

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
    superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@citizenbane: Thanks man, i shall check all them out. The Catwoman: Guardian of Gotham sounds cool.

But what i meant was a storyline where batman crosses the line. Like what happens when he kills joker. Or he becomes the ozymandias of his universe... or something. Does he become owl man? I think thats a story that needs to be truly explored

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gracetrack

@superior_prime_maybe said:

But why isnt there any corrupted batman storyline?

Batman is incorruptible. Didn't you get the memo?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Saren

@superior_prime_maybe: There is an Elseworlds JLA story called The Nail where Batman snaps and kills Joker after the clown tortures and murders Robin and Batgirl in front of him. He didn't become Owlman, he just sort of broke down and lost the will to live until Catwoman and Alfred got him back on his feet.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: He does that in the Vampire Batman Elseworlds trilogy (Red Rain, Bloodstorm, Crimson Mist).

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'd actually think that seeing a Batman goes rogue storyline would be cool.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmmm i always wondered what would happen if batman whent off to the deep end and wally he would murder everone in a matter of seconds

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.