Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Even DC agrees that DotF had a weak ending.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Squalleon

Seriously this is how the family is bonded again after the shocking end of DotF, it took two pages...

And Bruce still hasn't told them about Dick. So much for "truth".

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Damnit Bruce.

Beata

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC just got tired of them being angry at Bruce which agree with. No one wanted to see them fight, its pointless.

And lol at him not telling them about dick. That's going to come up again when he comes back so they just set themselves up for failure eventually. Theres not really even a reason for him not to tell them. Iirc he chose not to so that it's more realistic and easier for people to believe but that makes little sense. Who's watching batgirl and red hood and red robin to see if dick is alive? How would they even tell dick is alive just by looking at them? Who would even ask them if dick is still alive? Come on now Bruce. He didn't even tell Alfred. They're just making him a jerk now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe Tomasi doesn't know Dick is "dead"

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The reason for the family to break apart was dumb itself.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@rustyroy said:

What was the reason anyway? all I recall is a Joker card.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RustyRoy

@entropy_aegis said:

@rustyroy said:

Yup that was the reason, Bruce didn't tell them that Joker knew his identity and so by default knew the identity of all the Batfamily members, it was really idiotic, one of the worst portrayal of Bruce, he supposed to careful and prepared and Snyder made him arrogant, foolish, careless and out of character.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@rustyroy said:

Yup that was the reason, Bruce didn't tell them that Joker knew his identity and so by default knew the identity of all the Batfamily members, it was really idiotic, one of the worst portrayal of Bruce, he supposed to careful and prepared and Snyder made him arrogant, careless and out of character.

Then it turns out Joker DOESNT know his identity,seriously I can give Snyder a pass for writing a bad story,every one has his highs and lows but those idiot crtitics I'll never forgive.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Why Jason has emo hair on this book ?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@rustyroy said:

Yup that was the reason, Bruce didn't tell them that Joker knew his identity and so by default knew the identity of all the Batfamily members, it was really idiotic, one of the worst portrayal of Bruce, he supposed to careful and prepared and Snyder made him arrogant, careless and out of character.

Then it turns out Joker DOESNT know his identity,seriously I can give Snyder a pass for writing a bad story,every one has his highs and lows but those idiot crtitics I'll never forgive.

And many fans consider it as a great story too. Snyder said he's bringing back Joker, I hope its good this time.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@rustyroy said:

Preach. I hate how every issue got a 10/10 for no reason. And none of these reviews mentioned anything about how OOC were the characters and how Mary Sue-ish the Joker was or how rediculous was the whole thing both continuity-wise and story-wise.

Avatar image for i_dont_like_comics
    i_dont_like_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

did anyone say it had a good ending? or even a decent one? you know, besides g-man that'll eat up anything snyder throws at him. god i love that podcast where sara and corey gangbang his 'opinions'.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

did anyone say it had a good ending? or even a decent one? you know, besides g-man that'll eat up anything snyder throws at him. god i love that podcast where sara and corey gangbang his 'opinions'.

Can you post a link?

i_dont_like_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: arent all podcasts on the site? it was a long time ago. a month or two before sara left, i think. it was so good.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: arent all podcasts on the site? it was a long time ago. a month or two before sara left, i think. it was so good.

Yeah, I didn't listen to that podcast or when they posted it, that's why I asked. I'll look for it later.

i_dont_like_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: it'll be easy to find. corey doesnt come in that often.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Squalleon

@rustyroy said:

@i_dont_like_comics said:

Yeah, I didn't listen to that podcast or when they posted it, that's why I asked. I'll look for it later.

http://www.comicvine.com/podcasts/comic-vine-podcast-02-15-13/1600-186/?page=3

I think I found it. The Batman 17 argument was pretty heated.

i_dont_like_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Squalleon

@squalleon: i was very saddened when sara left.

Her reviews were usually quite good(if I remember well). I think she was really objective on them so that is always a plus same with Inferiorego.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
    infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By infantfinite128
    @entropy_aegis said:

@rustyroy said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@rustyroy said:

I completely agree with you guys. It's one of my most hated Batman stories, because of that reason. I was listening to them insulting their reader's intelligences, because they didn't get how brilliant the Joker/Batman relationship was. They kept dismissing readers'/listeners' disappointment for being Batman not killing the Joker, which only a few complained about, but people do that with every story. Users were criticizing characterizations, how the Joker was overpowered and able to tele-port, and the reason for the family to be broken up.

And just for a disclaimer, I'm not talking about Comicvine.

infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By infantfinite128

@squalleon: I miss her too. She was an excellent reviewer, and I always loved her thoughts on the podcast.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@i_dont_like_comics said:

http://www.comicvine.com/podcasts/comic-vine-podcast-02-15-13/1600-186/?page=3

I think I found it. The Batman 17 argument was pretty heated.

Thanks. I agree with some of their points, even G-Man's. But I disagree with Sara that Batman should'v killed him because Joker was going kill the Batfamily, Batman should not put his family's life above any other person's, that's why he became Batman, to him any other life is just as important as his family's. I actually agree with G-Man more than Sara, I don't hate the story because Batman didn't kill the Joker or the Joker didn't kill the Batfamily but because Batman and Joker were ooc, the story was bad, and the reason why the family broke up was dumb.

infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By infantfinite128

I don't remember the episode perfectly, but I remember Tony getting really passionate about Batman not killing the Joker, and I was right there with him. I don't want Batman to ever kill the Joker, because that's not what he represents. Someone else should though! The law officials should do something, and if not them, some corrupt member of the city should, to save their own butt.

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is tim so damn tall?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't remember the episode perfectly, but I remember Tony getting really passionate about Batman not killing the Joker, and I was right there with him. I don't want Batman to ever kill the Joker, because that's not what he represents. Someone else should though! The law officials should do something, and if not them, some corrupt member of the city should, to save their own butt.

Agreed. G-Man mentioned a lot of good points but he did get a little too much passionate lol.

Avatar image for riddlerzeroyear
    RiddlerZeroYear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: He's not only bringing him back, but he's bringing him back "angry at Batman".

However that will play out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*promises to tell the truth*

*doesn't tell them about Nightwing WHOS HIDING IN THE CORNER*

Classic Batman move. That's just gonna screw them up more when dick comes back...

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death of the Family was a good story. The best Joker story I've ever read? No. But then again, there have been some really good Joker stories, so that's not really a knock on Snyder. I feel like many people just expected too much from it and/or try to over-analyze it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.