Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23647 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Elseworlds Batman Stories

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've always been a big fan of the Elseworlds Batman stories, I love Gotham By Gaslight, Red Rain Trilogy, Stan Lee's JI Batman and many other stories. I was thinking what other Elseworlds stories DC could do with Batman, I'd love to see a story where Batman falls in Ace chemical plant or where Batman gets some kind of superpowers (likeBatman & Demon: A Tragedy) or some kind of powerful weapon (like Batman: In Darkest Knight). I also liked Aronofsky's idea of a poor Batman. So what other Elseworlds Batman stories would you to see made that haven't been done yet?

Here's some of the Elseworlds Batman stories :

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: What elseworlds would you recommend the most?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: What elseworlds would you recommend the most?

Red Rain and Gotham by Gaslight. Is there any Elseworlds story idea you'd like to see for Batman?

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman-Vampire remains my favorite, and in general one of my favorite Batman stories of all time.

I picked up Gotham by Gaslight a while back and thought it was alright.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman-Vampire remains my favorite, and in general one of my favorite Batman stories of all time.

Yeah its one my favorite Batman stories of all time too, I thought GbG was pretty good, I've heard somewhere it was the first Elseworlds comic book.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@nathaniel_christopher said:

Yeah its one my favorite Batman stories of all time too, I thought GbG was pretty good, I've heard somewhere it was the first Elseworlds comic book.

Yeah, I find myself liking the Elseworlds more than the main titles sometimes, because a writer can really take an idea and run with it. I've wanted to check out Brotherhood of the Bat, Dark Knight Dynasty, and Batman of Arkham for a while now, but they're not the easiest to find.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I find myself liking the Elseworlds more than the main titles sometimes, because a writer can really take an idea and run with it. I've wanted to check out Brotherhood of the Bat, Dark Knight Dynasty, and Batman of Arkham for a while now, but they're not the easiest to find.

Agreed. I'm trying to find Batman and Demon : A tragedy and In Darkest Knight.

devitciiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

There are so many good Batman Elseworlds. I've always been partial to Gotham Noir and the Doom that came to Gotham.

I like to see Batman in a more pulp style elseworld. One that captures the spirit of the original Monk story. It doesn't have to be with the Monk, just something that has the sort of 1930's evil count/mad scientist/Moriarty villains, battling in castle with Tesla Coils and Jacob's Ladders.

@rustyroy said:

It was sort of the first Elseworlds though it was not originally released with the Elseworlds imprint. Before 1989 they were just called imaginary stories (as opposed to incontinuity stories which are not imaginary?).

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are so many good Batman Elseworlds. I've always been partial to Gotham Noir and the Doom that came to Gotham.

I like to see Batman in a more pulp style elseworld. One that captures the spirit of the original Monk story. It doesn't have to be with the Monk, just something that has the sort of 1930's evil count/mad scientist/Moriarty villains, battling in castle with Tesla Coils and Jacob's Ladders.

@rustyroy said:

It was sort of the first Elseworlds though it was not originally released with the Elseworlds imprint. Before 1989 they were just called imaginary stories (as opposed to incontinuity stories which are not imaginary?).

Thanks for the info.

Btw this idea is awesome, I'd love to see something like this, maybe with the original costume like they did it in the this short.

Loading Video...
    devitciiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

@rustyroy said:

@devitciiu said:

@rustyroy said:

Thanks for the info.

Btw this idea is awesome, I'd love to see something like this, maybe with the original costume like they did it in the this short.

Loading Video...

Yeah that cartoon is awesome and pretty much got me interested in the idea of revisiting the pulp era of Batman, well that and the Batman/Planetary crossover I read recently. I wish they'd do more of that (the cartoon, thought they could do more Batman/Planetary crossovers).

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah that cartoon is awesome and pretty much got me interested in the idea of revisiting the pulp era of Batman, well that and the Batman/Planetary crossover I read recently. I wish they'd do more of that (the cartoon, thought they could do more Batman/Planetary crossovers).

I'd ike to see more of that too. Btw I think Azz made a Elseworlds Batman story that was more similar to GA Batman (he used guns in Azz's version too), I haven't read it et but maybe you can check it out if you want.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@devitciiu said:

I'd ike to see more of that too. Btw I think Azz made a Elseworlds Batman story that was more similar to GA Batman (he used guns in Azz's version too), I haven't read it et but maybe you can check it out if you want.

Azz wanted to write that story but then he and Cliff Chiang ended up at Wonder Woman. The book was supposed to be released in 2013 but for some unknown reason it never did. Maybe now that both are off Wonder Woman they'll finally start working on this book.

Here's some concept art from Chiang and the basic story behind the book if you're interested.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@devitciiu said:

Azz wanted to write that story but then he and Cliff Chiang ended up at Wonder Woman. The book was supposed to be released in 2013 but for some unknown reason it never did. Maybe now that both are off Wonder Woman they'll finally start working on this book.

Here's some concept art from Chiang and the basic story behind the book if you're interested.

I was talking about First Wave actually but man I'd love to see Azz and Chiang's Bat-Man and if its in Vertigo then it will be so much better.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It will be interesting to see what happens if Batman kills Joker in an AU story.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are some awesome ones but sometimes i feel like reading elseworlds is a waste of time since it doesnt affect anything. there are exceptions though and i have read quite a few Batman ones.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.