Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Earth 2 Batman? Who is he?!?!

• 64 results
    batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

This is a speculation thread, on who we think the Earth 2 Batman will be. Some ideas are...

• Jean Paul Valley - The first Azrael in the old continuity, but considering that the past has been changed, maybe his debute will appear in Earth 2. I mean he was Batman at one point.
    • Stephanie Brown/Cassandra Cain - A girl can be Batman, and why not them?
    • Terry McGinnis - He's Batman of Batman Beyond, and the color scheme works. And if Carrie can enter DCnU, I don't see a reason why Earth 2 can't have Terry.
    • Orpheus - He's rich, he was part of Batman Mythos, and well he does have the diversity card under him.
    • New Character - It's possible, but I believe hints were that he was a character that we knew.

Who do you think it will be?!?!

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

I think Dick Grayson is the most logical choice.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By RustyRoy

Its either JPV or Terry, I really hope its Damian though. Btw he's BATMAN, so its not gonna be steph or cass.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By batshrine
    @rustyroy said:

Its either JPV or Terry, I really hope its Damian though. Btw he's BATMAN, so its not gonna be steph or cass.

Why does a guy have to be Batman? I mean talk about a really good alter ego if you are secretly a girl.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

Why does a guy have to be Batman? I mean talk about a really good alter ego if you are secretly a girl.

But from the preview it looked like it was a man. Neither Stephanie nor Cass is built like that.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@batshrine said:
    @rustyroy said:

But from the preview it looked like it was a man. Neither Stephanie nor Cass is built like that.

Don't think I don't think it is a girl. I honestly think its Jean Paul Valley. However, I am entertaining the possibility.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@batshrine said:
    @rustyroy said:

Don't think I don't think it is a girl. I honestly think its Jean Paul Valley. However, I am entertaining the possibility.

Yeah I agree, a girl can definitely impersonate a man specially if its someone like Batman who wraps himself around his cape but the preview actually showed the whole body and its clearly a man's body.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im secretly a girl lol

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf said:

im secretly a girl lol

me too,lol!

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf said:

im secretly a girl lol

@degraaf said:

im secretly a girl lol

me too,lol!

I don't understand how its a secret anymore.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By dernman

I really wish DC wouldn't bring Batman to Earth two. One of the things I liked was that Earth two was the separation away from the norm.

tchalla3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm leaning towards Dick Grayson. He did exist in the original Earth 2, though as robin. What better way to introduce him in the New 52 Earth as Batman?

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree said:

I'm leaning towards Dick Grayson. He did exist in the original Earth 2, though as robin. What better way to introduce him in the New 52 Earth as Batman?

I would find it super unlikely that it would be Dick Grayson. Its confusing enough to have two people wearing the same uniform, let alone have two versions of the same person walking around.

Lamenoire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

earth 2 batman seems to be caucasian (preview of Batman annual). Orpheus is out

The thing is Dick Grayson never appeared on earth 2. As far as we know, the bat familly was : Bruce, Selina and Helena. Since Helena was Robin, having Dick Grayson around seems strange

I hope it will be either Terry Mc Ginnis or Jean-Paul Valley. Jean-Paul needs some kind of redemption : for a lot of people, he is the second batman, the one who snapped under the weight of the cowl...
    The color scheme fit both of them (red). and Robinson said the new guy is a part of Batman lore.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By the_tree

Dick did appear on Earth 2, he was a lawyer/ambassador. It's not beyond the realm of possibility for him to show up.

No Caption Provided

Plus, Earth 2 is all about reimagining Golden Age characters and concepts. Having people like Azrael, Orpheus, or Terry doesn't really fit with that theme. It's not really that confusing either. It's no more confusing than having Supergirl and Powergirl running around. I mean, how hard is it to grasp the concept of a parallel universe?

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree: Powergirl and Supergirl have only started to not be confusing since they are from separate universes, and as far as I know they have separate alter egos. And again it can be really hard. Just talking about Injustice now gets pretty confusing.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree said:

@tchalla3000 said:

I would find it super unlikely that it would be Dick Grayson. Its confusing enough to have two people wearing the same uniform, let alone have two versions of the same person walking around.

Agreed. Their probably go with a guy who's not in the Earth Prime. Bruce Wayne Jr. can also be a candidate too, he's the so of Bruce and Kathy Kane, though I hope they use Damian rather than him.

earth 2 batman seems to be caucasian (preview of Batman annual). Orpheus is out

The thing is Dick Grayson never appeared on earth 2. As far as we know, the bat familly was : Bruce, Selina and Helena. Since Helena was Robin, having Dick Grayson around seems strange

I hope it will be either Terry Mc Ginnis or Jean-Paul Valley. Jean-Paul needs some kind of redemption : for a lot of people, he is the second batman, the one who snapped under the weight of the cowl...

The color scheme fit both of them (red). and Robinson said the new guy is a part of Batman lore.

Yeah the costume definitely looks inspired by the Batman Beyond suit. If its not a new guy then its probably gonna be Terry or JPV.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kidchipotle

I have a feeling it's going to be someone new to the DCU and it's going to upset a lot of people.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Yung ANcient One
    No Caption Provided

This guy looks like an older Damian to me.

( + )

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

( + )

lol You are going to be so disappointed when you find out that its not Damien, but a girl. Her name is Helena Wayne to be specific, and she now resides in the main DCnU. So no that Robin will not be the new Batman

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By Stronger

Grayson for sure.

The picture above me is Bruce Wayne Earth-2.He was married to Catwoman and had a daughter,Helena,who became Huntress after Batman died at the hands of Darkseid's army during the invasion.

Damian da fuq?

Lamenoire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lamenoire

@the_tree: the new earth 2 is not the old one. For example

Helena Wayne was never Robin in the old earth 2, Dick Grayson was Robin.

@yung_ancient_one:
    the picture above is Bruce Wayne. it is not the new batman

This is the new batman of earth 2 :

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just hope Terry gest more attentions he was such an amazing character.

Also it could be a girl in the body of an adult man.

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

There's a lot of red in that outfit, so I would either say an alternate Jason Todd, or Jean Paul Valley, and I'm leaning more toward Jean.

kolejorg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#25  Edited By kolejorg

It's probably a Darkseid clone of Bruce Wayne. I hope it's Dick Grayson, but just to hedge my bets i'm going to go with a clone.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yung_ancient_one said:
    No Caption Provided

( + )

lol You are going to be so disappointed when you find out that its not Damien, but a girl. Her name is Helena Wayne to be specific, and she now resides in the main DCnU. So no that Robin will not be the new Batman

um are you sure? He was talking about who is batman, not who is robin.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#27  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

@the_tree said:

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's probably too soon, but I wouldn't mind Earth 2 being a location for Damian as Batman

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree: the new earth 2 is not the old one. For example

Helena Wayne was never Robin in the old earth 2, Dick Grayson was Robin.

@yung_ancient_one

:

the picture above is Bruce Wayne. it is not the new batman

This is the new batman of earth 2 :

No Caption Provided

Looks like Jean, or Jason to me then. If it's Terry then I am disappointed.

( + )

Rich711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

You are all wrong. The answer is obvious... BANE. With Wayne dead he has not one to obsess over, never gets a DNA test to prove they are not brothers and just look at the gigantic arms they gave batman in the Annual. There is no reason to draw any of the other suggestions with ridiculously fat arms. The costume also resembles Bane's Secret Six costume.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rich711: Bane? Well thats definitely an interesting theory. I doubt it though. But what did you mean by half brothers? And since when did Bane obsess over Batman?

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@degraaf said:

im secretly a girl lol

me too,lol!

Pfft there are no girls on the internet.

Anyways it!s probably dick

Rich711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rich711: Bane? Well thats definitely an interesting theory. I doubt it though. But what did you mean by half brothers? And since when did Bane obsess over Batman?

How long has he obsessed over Batman? Oh only since the moment Chuck Dixon created him. From the very beginning he has been obsessed with proving to himself that he is Batman's better. It gets brought up in almost every story involving Bane. And what do I mean by half brothers? Bane believed he and Bruce Wayne had the same father. There was a storyline where he gets a DNA test back about ten years ago. You might want to read up on your batman, batshrine.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

I really wish DC wouldn't bring Batman to Earth two. One of the things I liked was that Earth two was the separation away from the norm.

Yep. I just hope this new Batman doesn't show up often.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

Yep. I just hope this new Batman doesn't show up often.

I agree, Batman to me is Bruce and thats it.

@rich711: And please don't insinuate my lack of knowledge. If Bane was obsessed with Batman everything he would do would be about Batman. I can see an argument that he is obsessed with being the best, but not obsessed with Batman. Why else would he be part of the Secret Six, or go after Talon, or appear anywhere else in DC. Bane is much smarter and more complex than being obsessed with Batman. Lets leave that role to worse characters, like the Joker.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batshrine: Yup, Bruce is the only one I can see as Batman. Btw do you think it could be Bruce Wayne Jr.? Bruce and Kathy Kane's son.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By batshrine

@rustyroy: lol anything is possible, so I wouldn't see why not. It is a tiny bit doubtful since Kathy Kane was a thing of his in the past in main DCnU. Also it creates the question why did Bruce of Earth 2 father 2 kids from two different women, and there's a lot of social stigma regarding stuff like that.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By RustyRoy

@batshrine: Maybe Bruce is the Robert Baratheon of the DC universe, he must have bastards all over the universe :D. And I'm hoping it to be Damian and even if its not him than I hope he shows up as the leader of league of assassins in earth 2/

Rich711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Rich711
    @batshrine said:

@rich711: And please don't insinuate my lack of knowledge. If Bane was obsessed with Batman everything he would do would be about Batman. I can see an argument that he is obsessed with being the best, but not obsessed with Batman. Why else would he be part of the Secret Six, or go after Talon, or appear anywhere else in DC. Bane is much smarter and more complex than being obsessed with Batman. Lets leave that role to worse characters, like the Joker.

I'm not insinuating anything, just pointing it out. Sorry if you were under the impression that you knew a lot about batman. Bane's obsession with Batman is in Chuck Dixon's original description of the character when he was tasked with creating a brand new character to destroy Batman. His obsession is brought up again in Suicide Squad by Amanda Waller as a way of manipulating Bane. Bane and other characters mention it in Secret Six. He convinces himself he is Bruce Waynes brother, for godsake, based on nothing more than one person telling him his father was a doctor in Gotham. It's why he referred to himself as Gotham's prodigal son. He gets so obsessive about this fact that Bruce Wayne takes it upon himself to try and cure him of it. He not only gets a DNA test he lets Bane live at the mansion for a period. The two of them then even worked together for a short while. He has a total love/hate relationship with Batman. I'm not even a big fan of Batman and I know this. So I am not insinuating anything. Just pointing out what anyone that has been reading Batman for more than 10 years would know.

Moon_Bat_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@rich711 said:
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

You are all wrong. The answer is obvious... BANE. With Wayne dead he has not one to obsess over, never gets a DNA test to prove they are not brothers and just look at the gigantic arms they gave batman in the Annual. There is no reason to draw any of the other suggestions with ridiculously fat arms. The costume also resembles Bane's Secret Six costume.

This theory seems to make sense to me. Plus if you look at the scans we have seen, this Batman looks around the same build as Bane. I doubt very seriously that it will be Dick, because this Batman looks too large to be Dick. I also doubt it will be Jean Paul because I just dont see that catching on as much as Bane. Bane is a far more popular character, and to make him Batman would be very interesting and bring a serious redemptive aspect. There are rumors saying that this Batman will be motivated and mentions of a daughter have been dropped. Bane doesnt have a daughter genetically, but Bane has viewed Scandal Savage as his daughter.

Lamenoire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moon_bat_87: earth 2 batman seems to be massive, but not bane-like massive .

And Bane appeared in the main New52. But he seems ridiculous now (I think he lost his strategic mind and prefers brute force)

Where could I find these rumors about him?

Moon_Bat_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Moon_Bat_87
    Lamenoire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rich711: Bane didn't obsess about Batman. he obsessed about breaking him. Which he did.

He heard of the tales about him and saw him as a fitting challenge. That's why he wanted to destroy him and make gotham his kingdom (like a convivt would challenge the big guy in jail to become the new boss).

After being stopped by Jean-Paul, he recovered. Then back in Gotham he helped Batman because of the venom drug ring in Gotham.

Bane came to the conclusion that Dr. Wayne was his father because he had apparently become close to Bane's mother during his time in Santa Prisca. He didn't make that up : there was a reason behind this claim. he didn't went from an american doctor to Dr Thomas Wayne just because it would make him Batman's brother
    And when Bane alerted Batman about this this possibility, Bruce let him stay at Wayne Manor while the DNA tests were being performed. Do You think Batman would do this if he saw in this claim a foolish gesture / an obsession about him ?

Bane had an obsession about breaking the Bat and making Gotham his (after all he is the only one who did it) and about Venom.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

now the twist will be that this character is hugo strange

Kiddevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

( + )

That batman costume looks awesome.

Lamenoire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moon_bat_87:

There are rumors saying that this Batman will be motivated and mentions of a daughter have been dropped. Bane doesnt have a daughter genetically, but Bane has viewed Scandal Savage as his daughter.

The thing about Batman's daughter is about Bruce.

Rich711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman doesnt have a daughter?!? Are the people on this tread even reading Earth 2. It is an alternate universe. Bruce is dead, he had a daughter, Huntress who was Robin in this universe. This Batman could be anyone, they could have any past or back story different from the normal DC universe.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#48  Edited By akbogert

Granted, I'd prefer the Azrael mantle be taken back up, but I would love to see JPV make a comeback and this wouldn't be an unheard of way for it to happen. Then again I've not read any Earth 2 stuff so I guess my opinion is somewhat irrelevant.

Moon_Bat_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Moon_Bat_87

@moon_bat_87:

There are rumors saying that this Batman will be motivated and mentions of a daughter have been dropped. Bane doesnt have a daughter genetically, but Bane has viewed Scandal Savage as his daughter.

The thing about Batman's daughter is about Bruce.

How so?

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

@rich711 said:
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

maybe

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.