Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Does the Joker really know?????

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JamDamage

Death of a Family finally coming to an end soon. Before we find out if Joker really knows, and according to Batman he doesn't know. Just off that, and because (Batman always wins) Batman is usually right all the time too. Brother Eye. What ever, so the guy messed up. Anyway. I kept thinking, as I read all the Death of a Family tie-ins I saw something in the last Nightwing book. Joker calls him Dickie 2 or 3 times. Now I don't think Joker was Nightwing a dick, but from that it got me wondering if Joker does know who Batman is. Are there any other clues thruout the tie-ins that might have led anyone else to questiong if Batman was wrong and Joker does know. It would be pretty strange if he knew who Nightwing is, but not Batman.

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2  Edited By gotwillpower

OoOoOoHhhh! I didn't know that happened in Nightwing (cause I didn't read it)! Yeah, looks like Batman's probably wrong. Kind of like how he said there wasn't a Court of Owls, and then it turned out (SPOILERS) there was. I figured all of the DotF tie ins would keep from spoiling Batman #17, but I guess not!

Avatar image for manbehindthewires
    Manbehindthewires

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Manbehindthewires

I think he may know some, but not all. He's been cutting really close to the bone with Nightwing. Jokers been really hitting him where it hurts in DotF and I can't see how he could have done that without knowing/working out who he is. I think part of the "Death" of the Family might be that Nightwing is compromised in Gotham and is forced to retire from helping Batman, and return to Bludhaven.

I think likewise, there have been too many obvious moments with Batgirl; too many family connections. I don't think he has Robin figured out though, unless, as some people have predicted Joker is Alfred.

The other thing is Joker is supposed to be insane. He doesn't see the world in the same was that everyone else does. It's possible you could show Joker everything tying Bruce Wayne to Batman, but his insanity would get in the way of him connecting the dots.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By InnerVenom123

The point so far in the main story is to play it's ambiguity up. In the same way that we aren't sure if the new Owlman is really Batman's brother.

The Nightwing tie-in having Joker straight up call him Dickie annoys me. This story really suffers for having tie-ins.

The main book saves it every time, but still.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#5  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I think the Joker knows everything and I think on each platter there is evidence that proves he knows who each member is and I also think there is more than one Joker and that's why they whent for the face-mask route

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FatihBATMAN

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

I also think there is more than one Joker and that's why they whent for the face-mask rout

interesting theory! :)

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he does know, and that he even knew Pre-Flashpoint, but simply didn't care.

sunhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sunhawk

The real Joker is a Black Lantern and is using reanimated dead puppets as Joker stand ins.

Saucedo17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Saucedo17

Lets not forget people Dick was hallucinating from the exploding fear token that Jimmy (cirques guy) and Raya (his dead ex girlfriend) were talking to him so it could be that Joker wasn't calling him Dickie.

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10  Edited By gotwillpower

@Manbehindthewires said:

I think likewise, there have been too many obvious moments with Batgirl; too many family connections. I don't think he has Robin figured out though, unless, as some people have predicted Joker is Alfred.

That's an interesting prediction. Guess we'll have to wait and see!

Avatar image for manbehindthewires
    Manbehindthewires

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

@gotwillpower: man, I can't wait for #17!

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By havoc1201

In Nightwing Joker does not Call him Dickie dick was hit with a gas that made him hallucinate

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.