Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23648 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Does Kevin Conroy's voice always work for Batman?

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
    deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

I really don't think it would work for a story like The Dark Knight Returns, in my opinion Ironside and Weller fit the role much better.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For DKR specifically though.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SilverPool

Yeah Kevin Conroy's voice doesn't seem to fit with the DKR. I think Bruce Greenwood's voice could fit with anything Batman though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kevin Conroy is the best batman voice.

I3IO_HAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By I3IO_HAZARD

Batman needs to be more gruff especially for The dark knight returns where is he older and more dark

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By SupBatz

@silverpool said:

Yeah Kevin Conroy's voice doesn't seem to fit with the DKR. I think Bruce Greenwood's voice could fit with anything Batman though.

This. No disrespect to Conroy. In most cases, he gives a better performance. But I think Greenwood has a more flexible range that could befit different versions of Bruce.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Conroy is good but when the fanboys start gushing "he's the best he's Jesus, he's the one and only".... man it gets annoying. And it happens every time.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By HumanRocket

He is the best for batman in his prime. But for an older Bruce/Batman someone new wouldnt be that bad.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicdude23: Conroy works everywhere for me. However, I did forget how freaking badass Ironside was.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ironside was perfect but I think Conroy can do a great job too, there was a video with Tim Daly where he actually quotes from TDKR and its awesome.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onemoreposter: Ironside was badass with one-liners, but I really think Weller nailed the entire role for the movie (though Ironside did the one-liners better). I think IMO, Ironside is the best.

storkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like Conroy that much. Any situation Batman gets in, he sounds too calm. Whether he's angry, excited, sad or whatever, he's always just like reading from paper. Too monotonous. And when he's hurt or in agony, or at the edge of his strength, his grunts and moans are somehow comical. "Ohh, ah, ahh."

He gets a free pass, but I'm not a fan. Or maybe I just need to get my ears checked.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.