Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23630 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Does Joker know Batman is Bruce?

• 69 results
    knife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By knife

This is a stupid question,  NO WAY

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Lantern Prime
    BatgirlBabs said:
    "For the record, spell check is a free forum tool. If you see it underlined in red, it means you spelled it wrong. IT'S A FREE TOOL! UTILIZE IT!"

AHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA! Always intense huh?

If Joker didn't before then by now after the events from "R.I.P" then yeah he knows who he is.
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

He knows, he doesn't care though.

spystreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#54  Edited By spystreak
    @cpt_linger said:

if joker knew bruce was the bat, there would be no batman

I kind of Doubt that considering Joker gets off from his battles with Batman it's a game to him if he killed Bruce there would be no one to challenge him he would feel lost, bored and angry with himself.
    jukeboxheroabc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By jukeboxheroabc

I have to agree with the opinion that the Joker may know but doesn't care. In RIP and the last arc of BnR it is kinda clear he may well know. I think the Joker has the belief that Bruce is the mask of Batman (if he does know). He just enjoys burning the world down and having Batman chase him down in an epic duel. He is a Genius Psychopath  

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By Nighthunter

I've changed my mind. My new veredict is this:

The Joker couldn't care less about who is behind the mask. As far as the Joker is concerned his enemy is the bat, not the man

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#57  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @Nighthunter said:

I've changed my mind. My new veredict is this:

The Joker couldn't care less about who is behind the mask. As far as the Joker is concerned his enemy is the bat, not the man

This
    TheNerdofDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. In thelast issue of Batman R.I.P. Batman's girlfriend (at the time was Jezebel Jet) revealed his identity by accident.having to be kidnapped by the Joker, was put in a chamber and then screamed out for "Bruce". Joker had encountered Bruce Wayne before so he put Thought about the name And soon he found out it was the Playboy millionaire Bruce Wayne.

or if you want to go up by the show. In Batman Beyond Joker interrogate Dick Grayson and Dick Grayson tells who Batman is.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its amazing the amount of character that know, but actually dont care.

Deathstroke knows this to, but it looks he and the rest just dont care that much.

asmitarkham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joker said in the Death Of The Family comics he knew, Batman even said he knew. I read all Batman comics I know everything about him.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By comicace3

Yes. In the New 52 during the Endgame story arc Joker calls Batman Bruce and even breaks into the Batcave, cutting off Alfred's hand.

GoldenXGun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would make complete sense for Joker to know, and even still make sense for him not to act on that information. I can't point out any specific instances, but I know that Joker often points out how Batman doesn't not kill him because of a "code" but because the two of them are connected so closely. He talks about how the two of them are two sides of the same coin. In my mind, if Joker points that out, and in his eyes the two of the are so similar, it makes sense that that would be his reasoning to not just nuke Wayne Manor, because without one the other would not be.

AssassinB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldenxgun: Your reply is from a 2 and 8 year old post xD. I agree though. Joker, has always known by instinct who Batman is, he just dosen't acknowledges it. And there has been old comics were he kind of "protects this information". I remember reading one about Hugo Strange who knew and Joker too, and then someone finds out and Joker killed him or something, not sure.

lillion1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death of the familiy was proof Joker knew for a long time and just didn't care (until that moment in time). Then there is the way he manipulated Jason Todd while he was Robin. Wouldn't work if he didn't know Jason was Robin. And if he knew that and knew were Jason lived, it is not hard to know who the Bat is. Even Tim figured it out because of that.

So yes, the Joker has known for a long time. He just didn't care

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think he cares who Batman really is.

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Benk111

I don't think he cares who Batmans secret identify is.

deffinition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By deffinition

He knows Batman Is Batman, he doesnt care about the other side of him

Avatar image for masterhedgehog4
    MasterHedgehog4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. He actually DOES know; it said so in Endgame. He calls Batman "Bruce" over the phone and knows how his parents died. He also knows who Joe Chill is as well. So, yeah.

Avatar image for batman-dark-knight1992
    Batman-Dark-Knight1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He could if he wanted but for joker it's about batman and not who batman is under the mask, taking on Bruce would not have the appeal for him.

There has been a few occasions where he could have found out but chose not to.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.