Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Does he always lose?

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

His random encounters that is. It seems like the pattern for Batman is to get beat, retreat, prepare, come back for the win. I love Bats but I wish he could do well without having to prepare most of the time.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Alexander505

Depends who is the villain that he must to face.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends whose writing the story and who the villian is.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Alexander505

He not need to be prepared for defeat Shiva, Tiger or characters alike, but he need prep for beat thugs as the current Bane (apparently) or more powerful than him, as Wrath. Due to of his unmatched skills, he can face a low metahumans level without prep, like Deathstroke, Azrael and recently William Cobb, with the advantage to have a healing factor.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He not need to be prepared for defeat Shiva, Tiger or characters alike, but he need prep for beat thugs as the current Bane (apparently) or more powerful than him, as Wrath. Due to of his unmatched skills, he can face a low metahumans level without prep, like Deathstroke, Azrael and recently William Cobb, with the advantage to have a healing factor.

Tiger and Deathstroke have beaten him though Pre 52. I think the Stroker fight was a bit out of character though.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Alexander505

So? In Detective Comics #710, Batman defeats Slade. Of course all these characters are to much similar for declare a real winner. Bronze Tiger many years ago fought Batman twice if I don't mistake, in one of these fights, Batman went in stalemate against him.

Batfan4445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Batfan4445

Batman is a genius tactician (probably the best in DC)

Preparing for danger is what he does

No Caption Provided

Butros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander505 said:

Tiger and Deathstroke have beaten him though Pre 52. I think the Stroker fight was a bit out of character though.

Well Deathstroke is out of league for Batman so he cant win him,while Bronze Tiger is supposed to be one of the finest martial artist in Dc,also this something that happens in almost every comics. The bad guy beats the good one and it ends that good guy beats the bad one.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Alexander505

Slade is a tough guy, but he's far away to be an unbeatable character. PIS aside, Batman is one of the few street level characters that can defeat Slade. The others can be Bane, Azrael, Shiva, Bronze Tiger that in a story, years ago, has almost defeated Slade, and other characters as Cassandra Cain and Nightwing can go at least in a stalemate against him, as the comics have showed.

Butros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well,once they'll show Batman winning Slade,and i mean putting him down in fair fight i'll change my mind. Bronze Tiger has easily defeated Batman in the past,meaning i can see him doing better against Slade.

Bane and Shiva never fought him so we dont know while Azrael is more stronger than Batman so no wonder he could get a 5/10 over Slade.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By HumanRocket

Depends who is the villain that he must to face.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He doesn't always loose without prep.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Snyder's Batman definitely requires quite a bit of prep. I could argue that Batman in the Batman universe has a tendency to get set back then finally win, while Batman in DC universe is far more prepared and is less likely to get his butt handed to him in a first encounter. It's the nature of story telling especially in long 7 issue arcs. Batman would be very boring if we never saw him struggle, but would also be no fun if we didn't see him totally own. So unless its a short, Batman in Gotham is more than likely to struggle more since his villains are at least on average physically easier to beat. While in greater DC because there are so many big figures, if he doesn't win all the time, his presence is not only pointless but a hindrance.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Alexander505

But the Snyder's Batman fought against many Talons, and they were metahumans and with healing factors, and Bruce without his suit, and also injured, was able to defeat them. Bruce has defeated Cobb too, and again, he was really injured. Cobb was the best assassin of the Court of Owls, and was able to almost kill Nightwing in perfect shape. Not bad at all I guess. Recently, in a number of Batwoman, Bats has beated Bane doped with the new venom, in a H2H. The Finch's Batman seen in the firsts numbers of The Dark Knight, wasn't smart as he should to be, but was able to defeat many villains doped with the new venom and sustain a close combat against a doped Clayface. Shortly after, Bats was able to struggle against Bane, incredibly powerful. Again, not bad at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.