Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23637 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Does (Did) anybody know about Roman?

mikek302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mikek302

Essentially, is the fact that Black Mask = Roman Sionis known to anyone? General Public? Batman? GCPD? Also, if possible, could anyone give me an indication as to when it was found out?

I've always been a big fan, but until recently I haven't really been reading comics featuring him too much. If possible before I get into reading 'War Games' and the like it'd be nice to not be surprised when Batman blurts out Roman's name or something. If anyone has any helpful info on this it'd be greatly appreciated ^_^

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Superguy0009e

i think people found out after he died, but idk, thats just me

mikek302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mikek302

So, is general concensus that nobody knew? :/

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By entropy_aegis

Everyone knows,or atleast the law enforcement agencies do.That was made very clear in his debut.

Avatar image for dr__jonathan_crane
    Dr. Jonathan Crane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For sure, Batman and the GCPD have known Black Mask's identity since the character's introduction in Batman #386, Detctive Comics #553, and Batman #387. Batman and the police pretty quickly deduced Black Mask's identity. Heck, Sionis didn't even go to much effort to hide his identity. His first base of operations, and the location of his first membership drive for the False Facers was the old Sionis family crypt. So yeah, most everyone knew that Roman Sionis was Black Mask since the very beginning.

By the time of War Crimes (the epilogue to War Games), Sionis' identity was certainly public knowledge. A news report refers to the Black Mask him as Roman Sionis.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.