Does Batman really change his voice?

#1 Posted by connect200 (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I have watch Batman from TV (animated series), and movies. All this time, I wondered how Batman's voice really sounds like. Let for one second, forget all the actor and voice actors who portrayed Batman/Bruce Wayne and really think. Does Batman's voice 100% differ from the voice? I ask this because when Dick Grayson was Batman he even mention how he alters his voice.

So I want all you people to answer is do you think Batman has a different voice from Bruce Wayne, or does he use his regular voice while everybody else is just too stiupid to make the connect; remember those are the same people who cant' recognize Clark Kent as Superman.

#2 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

He would be a fool to not change it and intellect is one of Batman's greatest weapons so He would definitely alter it. Anything else would simply be poor writing ala the Clark Kent/superman situation that you mentioned.

#3 Posted by Icarusflies (12447 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. It's been mentioned multiple times in comics that he changes his voice. I'm afraid I can't point out specific issues, but it really has been focused on at times.

I believe when Tim changed to his Red Robin ID it was also mentioned that he was working on a new voice.

#4 Posted by connect200 (28 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies said:

Yes. It's been mentioned multiple times in comics that he changes his voice. I'm afraid I can't point out specific issues, but it really has been focused on at times.

I believe when Tim changed to his Red Robin ID it was also mentioned that he was working on a new voice.

Yeah I remember Dick saying to someone when he was Batman "I sure sound like him (referring to Batman)". So yeah I can kind of see Batman changing his voice. I heard it was kind of mentioned in Knightfall.

#5 Posted by JonSmith (3988 posts) - - Show Bio

Been both shown and mentioned with Smallville's Batman.

#6 Posted by TimeLordScience (755 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe it's mentioned in Batman and Son that he does.

#7 Posted by Bruxae (12533 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by tupiaz (2168 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

Been both shown and mentioned with Smallville's Batman.

@Bruxae

said:

@connect200

said:

I have watch Batman from TV (animated series), and movies. All this time, I wondered how Batman's voice really sounds like. Let for one second, forget all the actor and voice actors who portrayed Batman/Bruce Wayne and really think. Does Batman's voice 100% differ from the voice? I ask this because when Dick Grayson was Batman he even mention how he alters his voice.

So I want all you people to answer is do you think Batman has a different voice from Bruce Wayne, or does he use his regular voice while everybody else is just too stiupid to make the connect; remember those are the same people who cant' recognize Clark Kent as Superman.

#9 Posted by Skewer (325 posts) - - Show Bio

It makes sense for him to change his voice. It's a better disguise than a pair of glasses.

#10 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Wayne is on Tv 365 days.

He need to change his voice as Batman.

#11 Posted by havoc1201 (490 posts) - - Show Bio

it is said in the comics that he has a growl in his voice, and he would practice it before he would go out on patrol

#12 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

My guess is Batman is using a Darth Vader voice changer that is built into his dentures.

#13 Posted by PCN24454 (454 posts) - - Show Bio

Most heroes change their voice but you can't show that in a comic book

either that or they just don't feel like doing it

#14 Edited by UncleEmu (179 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX5A8q7_pKE&feature=player_embedded

he talks about it around the 10 minute mark I think. just watch it, it's good and at some point he answers your question

#15 Posted by MasterDetective (797 posts) - - Show Bio

nobody can change 100% of his voice

#16 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Alfred once mentioned that, "Master Bruce - that growl you used to practice when you started as Batman. You're doing it all the time now."

I don't know - could be a reference to him altering his voice to a more intimidating register.

#17 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5855 posts) - - Show Bio

O course probably not the way Bale does it but ya.

#18 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

You know that Bale never made that voice in the movies, was Nolan in posproduction, Bale keep using his Begins during the 3 films.

Nolan didnt like that voice and change it, he did the same with Tom Hardy for some reason.

He liked Star Wars so much he try to make them sound as Darth Vader as much as he could.

#19 Posted by RustyRoy (10826 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Edited by Lady_Shadow (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, he's changes it.

Batman Annual #13

#21 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2113 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes!!!!!!! : )

#22 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

It could be that Bruce uses one accent and Batman another.

My mexican spanish accent voice sound more manly that my spanish spanish accent voice.

My American English voice sound more girly that my english english voice, my most manly voice.

He could be usig anothe accent to sound in another way.

Also Transgender have to make voice therapy to change their voice.

Also it could be he talk in another rythym, Obama speacks exactly like Al Sharpton when is giving an speach but shen normal he speak in another rythym.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.