Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Does Batman make Superman an far interesting character??

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Batman and Superman both sides of one coins, one is god-like being who represents the light while the other is a human who represents the darkness of humanity. Both are icons in there own right and both are how America portrays itself. But does The Dark Knight bring out an different side of The Man of Steel, I ask this question because whenever they are placed within comic pages or on screen, they both become an answer and question. Whether that is The Dark Knight Returns, Red Son, Kingdom Come, World's Finest, we see Superman constantly question his humanity when he's with Batman.

And now since Warner Brothers has announced a film with the two of them in it. Then does mean that Batman is one to bring Superman's different side.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RDClip

Na, Superman is interesting even without him. I really wish that it would go both ways. Superman is really Clark Kent; a god-like who wishes he could be a normal person. Bruce Wayne is really Batman; a man who wishes he could be the incarnation of justice.

I would like a discussion where Superman tells Batman that he still has a chance at a normal life while Superman is bascially forever obligated to be a superhero.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

Maybe

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Yes Batman enhances Superman's appeal but it also works in reverse, both characters just work well together.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdclip said:

Na, Superman is interesting even without him. I really wish that it would go both ways. Superman is really Clark Kent; a god-like who wishes he could be a normal person. Bruce Wayne is really Batman; a man who wishes he could be the incarnation of justice.

I would like a discussion where Superman tells Batman that he still has a chance at a normal life while Superman is bascially forever obligated to be a superhero.

So you're saying that Bruce Wayne to be everything that Clark is a SUPER-man, and Clark wanted to be wanted to be Bruce is, which was human.

Avatar image for divine_disorder
    Divine_Disorder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't find Superman on his own interesting at all, but put him and Batman in a story together and I'm sold. They have almost nothing in common, and yet they're best friends. I just love the contrast between their personalities, and I guess, their chemistry and interaction, whether saving the world together or bickering like an old married couple. It's always fun to watch/read. Kinda like Bert and Ernie.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For what i have read is the other way around, Batman gets less human so Clark hs to get there to make him relatable.

No Caption Provided

This thread make angry Superman fans to get here and attack Batman fans.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When both are written together they serve as excellent foils for each other, yes. That's why i've always enjoyed the Superman/Batman comic, where we even get to see the thoughts of both characters as they work together and what one thinks about the other.

BloodTalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only like them when they are working with other heroes, I like them a lot whennit is just the two of them that is why I buy BM/SM and not either of there solo books, alone they both bore me.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

They complement each other.

TheBhramaBull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well usually they really complement each other. They both make each other more interesting I think.

But in New52 Superman likes to troll Batman for some reason, which made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

I get the point they were trying to make "Pa said never to punch down" and "He's the only one I don't need to worry about", i.e for want of a better phrase, Bruce is in the big boy leagues with him and he's the only other person he knows he doesn't have to worry about getting hurt and getting the job done (I think Bruce was fighting Metal-Men)

But still, the fact he likes to "Poke the Bat" and "Troll batman" made me face palm hard.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdclip said:

Yes Batman enhances Superman's appeal but it also works in reverse, both characters just work well together.

These.

Divine_Disorder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only if retarded fanboys on both sides post their "my-superhero-can-beat-up-your-superhero" nonsense over and over again just to soothe their bruised, insecure egos. Can't we have a decent Superman-Batman discussion without it turning into a flame war?

But in New52 Superman likes to troll Batman for some reason, which made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

I get the point they were trying to make "Pa said never to punch down" and "He's the only one I don't need to worry about", i.e for want of a better phrase, Bruce is in the big boy leagues with him and he's the only other person he knows he doesn't have to worry about getting hurt and getting the job done (I think Bruce was fighting Metal-Men)

But still, the fact he likes to "Poke the Bat" and "Troll batman" made me face palm hard.

Really? Haven't read any New 52 with Superman in it. They made him snarky? Are they trying to shed his boy scout image or something?

TheBhramaBull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

Only if retarded fanboys on both sides post their "my-superhero-can-beat-up-your-superhero" nonsense over and over again just to soothe their bruised, insecure egos. Can't we have a decent Superman-Batman discussion without it turning into a flame war?

@thebhramabull said:

Really? Haven't read any New 52 with Superman in it. They made him snarky? Are they trying to shed his boy scout image or something?

Those quotes are from Batman/Superman 5, and they made me cringe! But he is definitely not a boy scout new 52. Well not yet at least. In fact I find him slightly annoying, I guess they're trying to make him edgier of something.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@thebhramabull said:

No Caption Provided

Saddly every time you bring this subject here it became how much Batman kick Superman ass and alsmot kill him, then Sperman fans get in here in a rampage and the holy war of the Batman vs Superman Fanbases begin.

I mean go to one of the Batman being gay, even when is obvious those are troll thread, some of the comment compare beng gay with being a child molester.

And they were serious about it.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No they don't nothing to other, They only add something to a shared universe.

Divine_Disorder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those quotes are from Batman/Superman 5, and they made me cringe! But he is definitely not a boy scout new 52. Well not yet at least. In fact I find him slightly annoying, I guess they're trying to make him edgier of something.

I thought Batman was supposed to be the edgy, broody one to Superman's sunnier disposition? Isn't that why they they have such great chemistry together, because of their contrast and balance? So they're both edgy and broody now? No more of that awesome yin-yang thing they got going on. Now it's just yin? Or just yang? Well that sucks.

But besides that, is the series still worth reading? Is it part of the New 52 continuity or is it non-canon?

@divine_disorder said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@thebhramabull said:

No Caption Provided

Saddly every time you bring this subject here it became how much Batman kick Superman ass and alsmot kill him, then Sperman fans get in here in a rampage and the holy war of the Batman vs Superman Fanbases begin.

I mean go to one of the Batman being gay, even when is obvious those are troll thread, some of the comment compare beng gay with being a child molester.

And they were serious about it.

Yep, definitely retards. Their own heroes would be ashamed of them.

Batman & Superman: *FACEPALM*

TheBhramaBull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheBhramaBull

@thebhramabull said:

I thought Batman was supposed to be the edgy, broody one to Superman's sunnier disposition? Isn't that why they they have such great chemistry together, because of their contrast and balance? So they're both edgy and broody now? No more of that awesome yin-yang thing they got going on. Now it's just yin? Or just yang? Well that sucks.

But besides that, is the series still worth reading? Is it part of the New 52 continuity or is it non-canon?

Yeah, Batman/Superman series is worth reading, first arc was pretty interesting, this new arc has just started, so hopefull it will get better after the trolling incident.

In New 52 Superman isn't broody, he's just, sort of cocky and annoying for some reason, he has a streak of arrogance.

Divine_Disorder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, Batman/Superman series is worth reading, first arc was pretty interesting, this new arc has just started, so hopefull it will get better after the trolling incident.

In New 52 Superman isn't broody, he's just, sort of cocky and annoying for some reason, he has a streak of arrogance.

Ah, okay. Will check it out. Thanks.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

For what i have read is the other way around, Batman gets less human so Clark hs to get there to make him relatable.

No Caption Provided

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think their scenes where they relate to each other as real individuals is very interesting. Mostly hearing their thoughts on each other or relating as actual people. Especially Batman, I'm not a big fan, but like him more at these times. Maybe because he's relating to someone he doesn't control, his butler, his robins, his enemies, his single sided thought monologues. In the group dynamic of JL it doesn't seem to come through so well, he's more his character than a person. We get more insight into Superman too, but I think that he's more emotionally accessible to us than bats (duh)

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman can make anyone more interesting than they truly are :D

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Superman is interesting on his own as well but along with Batman they are as you said 'the two sides of the same coin'.It is always to see the dynamic between them and what either of them can question themselves or each other.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.