Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Does batman have a brother in the new 52 ?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By z3ro180

So a while back i was reading something an it meantioned that batman might have a have brother in the new 52 and that he was or might be a talon. Is this true or was the article full of miss leading info .

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By SupBatz

Major spoiler's from Snyder's Batman (issues 1-12):

It's left a bit unclear at the end of the arc whether or not the Talon/Owlman is really Batman's brother. A fair amount of evidence is presented claiming that Martha Wayne was pregnant with a second son after Bruce who she had sent to a special treatment hospital after a car accident. But it is never verified whether or not this is true. I reccomend reading Snyder's Batman if you get the chance, it's pretty darn good. And if you don't want the ending ruined then don't read the censored part above.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By z3ro180

@SupBatz:i read the first three words and was like no iam going to buy it

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Crash_Recovery

Good call. Most everyone reading Snyder's Batman has enjoyed it, so I'm sure you will too.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By SupBatz

@Z3RO180: Kudos. Hope you enjoy it!

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Skunkstein

@Z3RO180 said:

@SupBatz:i read the first three words and was like no iam going to buy it

Do that, its differently one of the best stories from the New 52, also one of the best Batman stories i have read overall.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By z3ro180

@Crash_Recovery: @Skunkstein: @SupBatz: read volume one and loved it cant wait till march to get volume two also its crepy as hell the way a batman story should be now all i need to do is start reading black mirror.

jonathanwint1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jonathanwint1

Comes Down to this Batman Emotion reaction is that its not true.(that his mom would of told him,that he had a maybe dying brother, a (little kid bruce).But the Logic was there and the Evidence.(stuff Bruce Clearly chose to ignore and never check on, we are talking Batman here and the clues were there) And Bruce Never asks Alfred what he thought ether. A Lot People wear confused by that. I think it was because Bruce did not want to know what Alfred thought was afraid of it. That for the first time in his life he lost Objectivity and was really human. And the big Thing is the Guy Came off clearly As Batman's Equal.Not a Talon not a slave. But a Guy who out planned and Murdered the Court of the Owls and took over. He was it turned out to be very Batman Like but Gone Very Crazy and dark. Basically he was What YOU WOULD DREAM Batman's bigger scarier Brother to be! All in all I loved IT!

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By entropy_aegis

@ said:

Comes Down to this Batman Emotion reaction is that its not true.(that his mom would of told him,that he had a maybe dying brother, a (little kid bruce).But the Logic was there and the Evidence.(stuff Bruce Clearly chose to ignore and never check on, we are talking Batman here and the clues were there) And Bruce Never asks Alfred what he thought ether. A Lot People wear confused by that. I think it was because Bruce did not want to know what Alfred thought was afraid of it. That for the first time in his life he lost Objectivity and was really human. And the big Thing is the Guy Came off clearly As Batman's Equal.Not a Talon not a slave. But a Guy who out planned and Murdered the Court of the Owls and took over. He was it turned out to be very Batman Like but Gone Very Crazy and dark. Basically he was What YOU WOULD DREAM Batman's bigger scarier Brother to be! All in all I loved IT!

Uh no,first of all he may well NOT be Bruce's brother.Read the backups again,a strong possibility was implied that he was a lunatic brainwashed by the Court in to believing he was a Wayne,this is for the safe side IMO.Secondly he didn't outmaneuver the Court,he was shoehorned in to the story at the climax and revealed as the "TEH MASTERMIND" without any plausible build up and he was younger than Bruce.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anthony Garcia or better known as Batmanuel.

No Caption Provided

Hahaha...

gettogaara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gettogaara

I think it was left to the reader's imagination. I personally want to believe it's true and there's a lot of evidence that he just might be but like entropy_aegis said he just as well could have been brainwashed into believing he actually was Bruce's brother. Really hoping we see him again and get some confirmation.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.