Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Does Batman Frighten You?

DCHERO15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DCHERO15

Scenario: You are in your basement. The lights are off . You are watching tv, and your show just ended. You turn the television off, and turn the lights on. As soon as the lights come on, out of the corner of your eye, you see a figure. It is the Dark menacing figure of the Batman. He comes at you, attacking.

Describe your potential reaction/fear.

super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By super_psycho

Holy Sh*t Its the Goddamn Batman :O

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By TheCheeseStabber
    lol
    lol
    StarKiller809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By StarKiller809

I depends who I was if he scares me. If I was a gang member in Gotham, I would be terrified. If I was an innocent civilian in Gotham, he would probably bring hope to me that things can change in time.

Beerhappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Beerhappy

Would ony scare me if he was wearing nothing but his hood and his bat shorts.

Avatar image for yumyumbubblegum
    yumyumbubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By yumyumbubblegum

Me: Oh hey MTV, welcome to my Bat crib. *Batman proceeds to do the dougie*

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By BatteredArmor

Every time I think of Batman I have to change my pants....OH !@$#@ NOT AGAIN, from now on I wear brown pants and carry around air fresheners everywhere

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By _Zombie_

Well, considering I have the fighting skills of a quadriplegic turtle, I'd say I'd be crapping my pants.

catfightfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By catfightfan

I think that for some the color black is scary, as they associate it with the night and darkness. He would be less threatening if his costume color was white or blue or red or green, etc.

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By RedOwl_1

I'll scream and my pant will get dirty, the next thing would depend if I'm a criminal or I'm not

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is Batman, that is the awnser.

jbreesx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jbreesx77

When I will see the figure in dark I think I will screaming.......

http://american-dad.otavo.tv/ , http://futurama.download-episodes.tv/

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
    deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna ask him what the f@#k he's doing in my basement.

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By nightwing91

Well obviously I'm a criminal, in which case I have a gun. So I shoot him in the groin and defeat the bat.

yumyumbubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By yumyumbubblegum

@nightwing91 said:

Well obviously I'm a criminal, in which case I have a gun. So I shoot him in the groin and defeat the bat.

Ha! Again with the groin......

You could always camp out at the stairs with a shotgun like in Kill Bill volume 2, assuming the only point of access/exit to your basement is the door.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#16  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Hmm if I was in the comic world then yea I would crap my pants but in real life I would be "dude thats a sweet batman costume, where did you get it?" TBH I'd be more scared if it was Moon Knight.

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nightwing91

@yumyumbubblegum: I go for the most effective plan.But of course,a heavily muscled man dressed as a bat breaks into my house to beat the crap out of me dang right I would be scared.

yumyumbubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By yumyumbubblegum

@nightwing91: Sounds rather macho.

Me: Oh good, my hooker's here.

DCHERO15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DCHERO15

@nightwing91 said:

1. Your in your basement watching tv with a gun?

2. He wears multiple layers of kevlar.

3. He can dodge point blank gunfire.

4. Out of the 100,000 something criminals Batman has put in jail, what makes you think you can do it?

@spiderbat87 said:

Hmm if I was in the comic world then yea I would crap my pants but in real life I would be "dude thats a sweet batman costume, where did you get it?" TBH I'd be more scared if it was Moon Knight.

Moon Knight is half as threatening as Batman is. They are both scary, But saying Batman doesn't scare you is like saying waking up with a spider on your face makes you happy.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#20  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @DCHERO15 said:

@nightwing91 said:

4. Out of the 100,000 something criminals Batman has put in jail, what makes you think you can do it?

@spiderbat87 said:

Moon Knight is half as threatening as Batman is. They are both scary, But saying Batman doesn't scare you is like saying waking up with a spider on your face makes you happy.

Batman doesn't scare me because HES NOT REAL. And Moon Knight is not half as threatening, Batman wont do anything because I'm not a criminal where as Moon Knight would cut your face off just for littering. 
    Markall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Markall

Well not as much as will Joker with his laugh

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By nightwing91

@DCHERO15 said:

@nightwing91 said:

@spiderbat87 said:

I'm a criminal, why wouldn't I have a gun with me. Especially considering I've did jobs big enough to get Batmans attention and most likely other criminals as well.

He wears multiple layers on his chest, their aren't as many layers so as not to hamper his ability to move.And despite kevlar the impact still hurts as it's designed to redistrbute the impact over a wider area,he gets shot anywhere near there it's still going to hurt.

I've only seen him do it from like 15 feet distance, at 3-5 feet he isn't going to be dodging it.

Because some have hurt him and some have even escaped.

DCHERO15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DCHERO15

@nightwing91 said:

@DCHERO15 said:

@nightwing91 said:

@spiderbat87 said:

I'm a criminal, why wouldn't I have a gun with me. Especially considering I've did jobs big enough to get Batmans attention and most likely other criminals as well.

He wears multiple layers on his chest, their aren't as many layers so as not to hamper his ability to move.And despite kevlar the impact still hurts as it's designed to redistrbute the impact over a wider area,he gets shot anywhere near there it's still going to hurt.

I've only seen him do it from like 15 feet distance, at 3-5 feet he isn't going to be dodging it.

Because some have hurt him and some have even escaped.

Come on dude, your making this too complicated.

1. Read the setting again. Your in the basement watching TV. No gun. Random encounter. This thread is a WHAT IF thread to describe your reaction.

2. Yeah, yeah.

3. Depends on if you can draw the gun, aim properly, and make the shot before Batman comes at you from 3-5 feet. That's like a half a second to properly aim.

4. And none have been able to point-blank shoot someone in the groin.

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By nightwing91

@DCHERO15: Yeah cause Gotham's criminals don't live in fear of Batman,Nightwing,Red Robin,Robin,Batgirl,various other vigilantes and other Gotham criminals which is a lot more then you might be thinking.

It's true it's a triple weave kevlar blend with nomex for fire protection and the symbol is typically copper plated for added protection.

I see him first He can rush me but I'll likely get a shot off.

How many people have actually aimed for it,Super marksmen liked Trigger Twins,Deadshot and David Cain wouldn't want to win that way. And the symbol acts as a target for casual criminals where he's heavily armored.

Like I said you asked for reaction that's my reaction, to do whatever it takes not to go to jail.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BatteredArmor

Yeah I do that. What you don't?

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By Superguy0009e

i would just start crying from pure fear and awe

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.