Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23621 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Does Batman Always Win? Batman vs. Black Panther

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

Why Black Panther gets so little vote? His physical is no doubt superior than The Dark Knight ...

and he is as smart as Batman, and he is smarter than him in some areas like Science and techs.

I don't understand why people think that Batman will finds BP's weakness and explode them, while BP just fooling around.

pspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 182

#52  Edited By pspin

Black Panther hands down. Besides having superior gear, he is a genious and a brilliant fighter.

diarraharris3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By diarraharris3

I get the feeling why so many people think Batman will win is because they know nothing about Black Panther. T'challa is Batman but on a totally different level. Even if Bruce has time to prepare it wouldn't be an advantage. T'challa will do the same thing. Also he's more sane a king of his own country that has a mixture of science and magic so he has more access to a larger arsenal. He is a better tactician and one of the smartest people in the world. The reason why he won't win a fight is because in the court of popular opinion noone knows much about him. "Black Panther yeah he's that dude in a black mask right?" ugh.

serpent222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By serpent222

Question on this matter: Is Batman being matched up with exclusively marvel people for this, or will we see some other characters he's never matched with thrown in?

And, honestly, while I agree with Panther and Wolverine, I'm not sure how much I can support this until Batman gets a win. If it's Batman versus exclusively Marvel people and he loses every bout, I feel like that's just due to marvel favoritism. And I am admittedly a little irked that he was deemed a draw with Captain America when Batman beat him in a crossover.

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By karrob

@jynxjaguar said:

I know everybody loves Batman, and I do too, but no one is giving the Panther a shot because he's not as well known or popular. Yeah, Batman's got mad skills that he's been working on since he was twelve or so. T'Challa's been doing this ALL HIS LIFE. Even putting that aside, here's a good thought. Both of them are masters of many forms of martial arts, but the Panther's armor is superior for absorbing blows and he's covered head to toe. Batman leaves his mouth and jaw exposed, which is exploitable. And the Panther's arsenal is fairly compact. Batman doesn't carry every single bat-gadget he has on him at all times, and this match is an unplanned encounter. Planned, Yeah, I think Batman would edge the Panther out. He's just got too many different gadgets for taking out specific opponents. That and I think that T'Challa also has fighting styles learned from battling Wakanda's wild animals that might throw Batman off his game long enough to exploit that unprotected jaw. Oh, and check your comics history guys: the Panther in the Marvel Universe is considered to be one of the 8 smartest people on the planet and he carries the accumulated knowledge of all the past Panthers. He's a match for the Bat in intellect.

@Zeeguy91 said:

While I do like Batman much more than the Black Panther, even I have to admit that BP would probably take the victory in a fight. Bruce and T'Challa are probably almost equal in actual hand-to-hand skill, with Bruce taking a slight edge in that category. However, T'Challa has the wisdom and guidance of past generations of Black Panther. That could give him some sort of ability to either predict or neutralize Bruce's moves. Unless Bruce had prep time or already had a way to neutralize that, T'Challa would probably win.
    evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By evilvegeta74

Well this isn't gonna go over well.

Barkley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Barkley

at least this can go either way...I always think Batman can beat Superman or Sliver Surfer or Galactus...I think Batman fans are the problem they think Batman is cool so his coolness wins.....Ironman could kill Batman with one repulsor blast and Tony Stark doesn't need fans to be cool he already knows he is

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#58  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
    @serpent222: Batman beat him in the crossover because of the environment (sewer flooded). Prior to that, they were evenly matched. 
      And no, this isn't only Marvel characters. The only restrictions are they must be non-DC and street level. Why non-DC? Because it's more interesting to speculate how a truly random encounter would go down where neither character has immediate knowledge.  

If you really think he's losing due to "Marvel favoritism," then I'd have to request for you to re-read the features and show me where I'm being unfair against The Dark Knight. If you think having these characters he's fighting is unfair, then I'd say be more active when it comes to deciding the next character.  VS Cap was obvious for a first pick, but using Wolverine and Black Panther were choices both made by overwhelming votes and requests from the community. My personal preference plays no role in these breakdowns whatsoever. It's not about who I want to win, it's who I think would win in this scenario.  

This segment is still young and we've only seen 3 matches. Will he win some narrowly in the future? Absolutely. Will he flat-out own some in the future? Sure. Just because his record isn't ideal now doesn't mean that's the status quo. He'll win some, he'll lose some. Captain America is most definitely the only stalemate I can think of, though.
    serpent222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By serpent222

@k4tzm4n: Just the fact that it's not going to be exclusively Marvel characters alleviates my concern, actually. Like I said, I agree with Wolverine (which I don't think would even be remotely close, and I hate Wolverine) and Panther, and it's very easy to see that he'd stalemate with Cap.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By MuyJingo

You said it is possible for the community to vote on who batman goes up against in these articles. How do we do that?

krauser99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By krauser99

For the record the time BP defeated Steve was when Cap was still recovering from his Civil War injuries as per stated by BP in the book.  I notice a lot of BP fans posting that pic of BP over Cap ready to step on his head.

They fought another time in CoC2 and Cap won.  But again both were handicapped as not 100 percent in that as well.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By batshrine

So I do enjoy reading these but I am finding this to be inherently flawed. I know you are trying to not be biased but it is almost impossible to eliminate bias. And here is the main reason why:

The inspiration of these articles are to explore whether Batman always wins or not. The problem is you are fighting against the statement that Batman always wins. So you are going to lean towards Batman losing (even if mentally you are thinking that you have to keep yourself in check).

A much better and accurate way to write this is to have a (or a team of) Batman hardcore fans provide evidence on why Batman would beat whoever. And also then get hardcore Wolverine, Captain America, or Black Panther fans give their evidence on why they think Batman would lose. Then you have a neutral person (preferably someone who doesn't know much about either of those characters) to analyse who would win. You can still write the article but base it off all of that. Then you eliminate your biases and your articles would hold more credibility.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
    @MuyJingo said:

@k4tzm4n You said it is possible for the community to vote on who batman goes up against in these articles. How do we do that?

The link is provided at the bottom of the feature. 
    (It's the official discussion thread for this ongoing feature)
    k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
    @batshrine said:

@k4tzm4n So I do enjoy reading these but I am finding this to be inherently flawed. I know you are trying to not be biased but it is almost impossible to eliminate bias. And here is the main reason why:

The inspiration of these articles are to explore whether Batman always wins or not. The problem is you are fighting against the statement that Batman always wins. So you are going to lean towards Batman losing (even if mentally you are thinking that you have to keep yourself in check).

A much better and accurate way to write this is to have a (or a team of) Batman hardcore fans provide evidence on why Batman would beat whoever. And also then get hardcore Wolverine, Captain America, or Black Panther fans give their evidence on why they think Batman would lose. Then you have a neutral person (preferably someone who doesn't know much about either of those characters) to analyse who would win. You can still write the article but base it off all of that. Then you eliminate your biases and your articles would hold more credibility.

Sorry, but I strongly disagree with this.  

As someone who has spent plenty of time over on the Battles Forum (3+ years, actually.. and my ability to keep an open mind can be backed by many here), I can confidently tell you that bias doesn't take place. If it did, it would be in favor of Batman because I do indeed like him more than the characters selected so far. Clearly, that's not the case and I'm not making him lose in an attempt to prove otherwise, either. I'm looking at all of the attributes and feats that I believe are important and then comparing and contrasting. There's no preference involved.  Anyone with all of the facts at hand likely agrees that -- in this scenario-- vs Cap is incredibly close or a stalemate, Wolverine wins, and no matter who wins this one, it's incredibly close (I happen to side with Black Panther, obviously, but a reasonable argument could be made for Wayne, despite me disagreeing).

I'm not "fighting against" the statement "Does Batman Always Win?" nor am I "leaning towards him losing." That's simply the title I came up with and thought it was catchy/fitting. The segment needed a title and I thought that was a funny choice. It has no role whatsoever. Everyone (everyone logical, that is) knows Batman doesn't always win; so it's not a secret or surprise if he does. The title has no influence on my breakdown nor do I go into this with my mind already made up. I weigh every option I can and the end result is what you see here. I do my best to be fair and do justice to both combatants each and every time. At the end of the day, it's just my thoughts on how Batman would compare to other street levels in this scenario. Nothing more, nothing less.    

If you disagree with my outcomes, then that's perfectly fine. You have every right to have your own opinion. But, and I don't mean to be rude or arrogant here, I'm not concerned when it comes you thinking this feature suffers from "bias" or "credibility" here. I've done my research over the years and do even more to double check everything before making each of these.  Like I said, I firmly believe I represented each well and I'm pleased with the end result. Apologies if you're not, but hey, can't please everyone, right?
    batman11223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By batman11223

One of batmans greatests qualities and abilities is his ability to prepare for a fight. I believe if these two were to encounter once than black panther would probably win. But every time after that batman would take victory

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
    texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By texasdeathmatch
    I'm unemployed but this is how I think you should do your job, k4tzman.
    Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
    texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Also, sweet VS graphic.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#68  Edited By Decoy Elite

Great rundown as always K4tz, and as usual I gotta agree with you on the winner here. BP's just got too much going on that gives him the edge.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
    @texasdeathmatch said:
    Also, sweet VS graphic.
    :D 

@Decoy Elite said:

Great rundown as always K4tz, and as usual I gotta agree with you on the winner here. BP's just got too much going on that gives him the edge.

Thank you!  Honestly, I was surprised T'Challa received the most votes. I really expected Daredevil to take the majority of votes.
    Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Decoy Elite

@k4tzm4n: Same here honestly, I voted for DD as well. But I think most people decided that fight was already pretty obviously a win for Bats and thus went with BP who was a more questionable opponent.

Or maybe BP just has more fans on the site now.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#72  Edited By BatWatch

No disagreements from me...though I do not know much about T'Challa.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
    @BatWatch said:

No disagreements from me...though I do not know much about T'Challa.

Well, I hope this feature at least taught you a bit about him :D
    Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#74  Edited By Zeeguy91
    sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By sentryman555

I agree with the outcome but it makes me wonder what exactly is Batman's standard gear. The only thing is I wish you would go more into detail about how Batman would use his equipment against Black Panther and vice versa. The way you make it sound is Batman is just gonna throw his shock bombs and stuff directly at BP the whole time. Surely after he sees its not gonna work he'd try something else? Like you could show how he's used his gear in the past a bit more.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#76  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Alexander505 said:

Similar? Black Panther is a copy of Batman XD

And Batman is a copy of Black Bat/Doc Savage/Zorro/The Shadow 
    Differentology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Differentology

Batman wins because Batman carries cat nip!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#78  Edited By Lvenger

@k4tzm4n: So glad you're doing this as a monthly thing! The battle forums aren't the same without you and here at least we get a glimpse of your street level prowess. No arguments from me on the verdict, thoroughly analysed as it was. T'Challa should definitely be able to beat Batman due to his greater weaponry, equal fighting skills and enhanced stats! Awesome article!

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
    Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

I'd go so far as to say modern day Black Panther is easily as tough a fight for Batman as Wolverine given the tech and recent enhancements.

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By MrShway88

You insult Batman with this article.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#81  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    @batshrine:  
    I think your way is incredibly flawed. 
     You use only hardcore fans and you only get biased results. The unbiased person won't even know what is right and wrong.  
    You take hardcore fans and all you get is extreme biased results. You will have Batman fans only picking high end feats and then having the other side doing the same while providing nothing but low end feats for counters. Batfans will be cherry picking reasons why he wins. You will just get a bunch "Oh, Batman has this, this, and this, in his utility belt. He will just spam sonics and cryo pellets at said character because he has them" without taking into account the morality and characteristics of said character. And then they might say "Well, Batman took a hit from Darkseid. Captain America is no threat" and ignore context behind it. Then they lowball the other character. "Shang-Chi embarrassed Wolverine and Mr. X knocked him out hahaahah!!" and again ignores context and consistency. Then the Wolverine fans would take out of context and not always scans and reach and say "Wolverine broked Hulk's nose and wtf kicked Abomination. I saw dis on da internet. Batmanz getz the trouble with that red ded roben dude!!" Ignores context and consistency. Wolverine has soaked blows from class 100's more often than he has been KO'd by weaker people. Batman cannot take a hit from Hulk, a legit one, and still be standing let alone Darkseid. Especially when he was visibly damaged by Jason Todd or mopped around by Deathstroke and shown to be able to KO'd by other characters with peak human-enhanced strength constantly. And Wolverine won't just be breaking Batman's hand because Bruce punches him in the face. Batman is a man and fans seem to forget that yet they will just cherrypick away. And then the Wolverine fans argue that Wolverine is superior in skillz for the 100+ years of training. While, Wolverine is one of Marvel's best, he is not consistently using his skills and that is a point that will be overlooked by said biased fans but he has used his skill plenty of times which will be lowballed by the opposite side. And all the neutral party reads is biased answers of cherrypicked statements just to overshadow consistency and find attempts to low ball characters while overglorifying their own. 

It is just a bunch of nonsense. K4tz is unbiased. I have seen him in the battle forums for the past 2 years I've been on this site and unlike the typical fans here, he gets paid to make these articles and read comics. He at least has one Batman comic in some segment every week since he became a staff member and knows plenty about Batman.  There is a difference between an expert and a hardcore fan so I'd rather take the expert who gets paid to do things like this vs a bunch of hardcore fans cherry picking what material they ever feel like without being consistent which K4tz has done with their respective disadvantages. He isn't finding ways to make Batman lose, he's simply making a respectable opinion by weight advantages and personalities and characteristics of said characters. Something the unbiased party will not be able to get.
    Avatar image for tylerthedestroyer
    TylerTheDestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jynxjaguar: Man i agree completely Batman is my all time favorite DC hero and Blackpanther is my all time marvel hero (with the exception of Hawkeye) These can beat practically everyone in there universe. There both vastly intelligent masters at God knows how many martial arts, these characters are so big they cant even exist in the same universe (dramatically speaking of course) and Batman is tactical genius, not to say Blackpanther isn't he is a king after all and kings tend to know a thing or two about tactics.So this fight goes to Blackpanther pretty cool now id like to see Batman go up against his biggest threat yet.......Squirrel girl lol!!

Ganthetsward20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

#83  Edited By Ganthetsward20

I honestly think Black Panther would give Batman a beating like no other within a couple of mins.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#84  Edited By Mezmero

I agree. T'Challa just comes from stronger genes. The Black Panthers are trained to be kings and warriors for generations. The Waynes have good hearts and minds for business but Bruce and Demian seem like the only badasses of the whole bloodline. Bruce owes everything he is to money and obsession. Have you done Batman vs Moon Knight yet? I'd like to see which crazy person is crazier.

MSchiwal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By MSchiwal

I agree with this one... normally I would give even odds on Batman but after T'Challa became the king of the dead and inherited the skills of all the previous Black Panthers? Yeah, maybe Bruce could have taken T'Challa and his skills... he could never take the skills of all the Panthers incarnate in one man.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

@k4tzm4n: Is there anyway you can do a "Deathstroke vs Black Panther" thread like this?

BlackPan1her

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 5

#87  Edited By BlackPan1her

@Super_SoldierXII said:

I'd go so far as to say modern day Black Panther is easily as tough a fight for Batman as Wolverine given the tech and recent enhancements.

I completely agree.

BlackPan1her

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By BlackPan1her

@Alexander505 said:

Similar? Black Panther is a copy of Batman XD

Black Panther may look a lot like Batman with the suit and all but they are very different characters with different mindsets and weapons.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

I agree completely. You made your points very well, too.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#90  Edited By nappystr8

I have to agree, T'Challa wins this one. It would be amazingly close, but T'Challa's stronger, faster, and has more resources at his disposal.

BlackPan1her

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By BlackPan1her

@Reignmaker said:

Black Panther beats pretty much ANY street-level superhero...according to the Comic Vine battle forums. -_-

As a big fan of the Wakandan Warrior, that's pretty awesome! :D

namtabmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By namtabmi

Decent points, as they are now T'Challa edges it, BUT I'd like to think it would be in Batman's favour if T'Challa wasn't king of the dead. ( Batman fan =D )

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#93  Edited By entropy_aegis

Questions:

If T'Challa has the power of all the previous dead Panthers then surely his physicals would be well beyond super human?

How does vibranium fair against ice and magnetic devices? Batman is unlikely to use them but the option is there.

Bobsjonjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Bobsjonjon

Love these scenarios ....

Bobsjonjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Bobsjonjon

...but Bats beats Supes he should crush BP.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Bobsjonjon said:

Batman has never beaten Superman in canon.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Decoy Elite said:

@Bobsjonjon said:

Batman has never beaten Superman in canon.

Also, random encounter. No prep for the prep god.

new_onslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By new_onslaught

@k4tzm4n:In the case of BP an airstrike won't kill him. The guy can take a hit from the Hulk due to his suit. So an airstrike might be what Batman needs to win. :p

Walzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#99  Edited By Walzo

I dare anyone to debate against K4 and win.

I DARE YOU.

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By herrweis

I agree with the article.Panther wins.Batman is intimidating,but I personally feel that if he goes up against someone with that killer instinct he gets his ass handed to him.That is his weakness.To me that is why characters like Wonder Woman,Deathstroke, Lady Shiva Bronze Tiger, Wolverine,Panther will always come out on top.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.