"Whoa, what's going on in here? This doesn't look like 'Does Batman Always Win?' at all! WHERE AM I?!"
Fear not, friend, you're in the right place. I've been super happy with the success of the 'Comic Vine Battle of the Week,' so I thought I would merge my Batman segment with it. It seems slightly confusing, I know, but hear me out because I swear it's totally not. Once a month, the 'CV Battle of the Week' will technically be the latest 'Does Batman Always Win?' as well. Why? Because I'm thrilled to see how much fun you're all having with the week-long debates and voting, so I thought, "Why not let you all join in on the fun with DBAW as well?"
Basically, my latest DBAW will be posted once a month on a Monday. As you can see, the latest one is against Taskmaster, the incredibly talented mercenary from Marvel. In 'CV Battle of the Week' fashion, you'll all have until Friday morning to debate and vote on the match. On Friday, I'll not only post the results of the poll, but I'll also make an elaborate post saying who I think wins and why. And yes, I'll aim to be as thorough as my previous editions of 'DBAW.' And, if I'm fortunate enough, it'll also include thoughts from other individuals in the industry.
- Combatants are in character.
- This is a random encounter.
- They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 30 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover between them (parked vehicles and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, etc..
- All characters have standard gear. For Taskmaster, this does NOT include the wrist gauntlet from his first mini, nor does he have double-speed.
- Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination.
Viners, you have the week to research, debate and vote! This means there's no reason to vote right away if you don't have all of the info you need to make an educated decision. Check the homepage Friday for an updated article with the following:
- My extended (and remotely reasonable/educated) thoughts on the match.
- A Viner Argument in favor of the poll's winner (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
- Extra thoughts from other Comic Vine staffers.
- If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.
Feel free to make future match suggestions in the comments below or via Gregg's Twitter page.