Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Does anyone think that movie Ra's Al Ghul is better...

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#1 frozen  Moderator

than the comic version? I think Neeson's Ra's Al Ghul was the better character, and written better. There was an emphasis on the relationship between Bruce and Ra's, and Ra's fighting skill was given a boost.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

No I don't think that. I think he was done very very well but no not better than the comic version.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

my only problem with the movie verson of Ra's is why he chooses Bruce to be his heir a soldier i could undertand with Bruce being so driven and having all that money Bruce could be a great tool but Ra's is willing to give over command of the league to some one he has only known for a short while it comes off as a bit silly. While in the comics Ra's wanting Bruce to be his heir makes sense becuase batman's many feats skills and intellagance

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Nah.. I don't think so.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

Disagreed. Neeson had an interesting spin on the character, but not nearly as compelling as a more traditional Ra's.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By OrangeBat

Movie Ra's was the only time I could actually tolerate the character. Beyond that, Ra's Al Ghul, his annoying two-dimensional daughter, and his mono-dimensional motivations bore the hell out of me (Marry my daughter, Batman, and join us, or die! Also, I want to blow up the rest of the world because overpopulation). And the League of Shadows as a name makes way more sense than the freakin' League of Assassins.

The Lazarus Pits are a cool gimmick, but they can't save a mediocre villain.

@lordofthenorth Bruce was Ra's best student, which is why he chose him to lead the League.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jonez_

I hated how they pronounced his name.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, comics version is better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was really good and perfect for the movie. It kept he core of ra's al ghul and his relationship to Batman intact. I would put it a little bit below the comic ra's though

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orangebat: First Ra's is Moriarty to Batman's Sherlock. He chooses Bruce to be his heir becuase the Lazaries Pits are starting to wear away at him and he sees himself in batman someone with great drive and detrimination willing to go to great lengths to accoplish his goals and the problem was never about Talia the problem is Bruce's refusal to kill which Ra's see as a weakness. Yes what Ra's wants to do is simple its how and the way he does it which is interesting and really you could make that argument for just about any villains like Darksied all he wants to do is distory the universe and remake it in his image thats not very interesting but he is more than a one note villian

Second how does League of Shadows make more sense that Assassins. Shadows could be jusy some guys playing D&D Assassins on the other hand comes right out and says we freaking kill people

thrid so what if he was the best student he still only knew him for a couple months and i was the best student in my brazilian jiu jitsu class and my sensei wasnt about to turn the place over to me becuase like Ra's he had family that where better suited for that stuff

Azrael_Online

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Azrael_Online

@jonez120: true. It has people calling him 'rozz' instead or raysh. There's a sort of stab at this in an episode of Batman Beyond where Terry mispronounces it and Talia goes on to correct him.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

prefer comic version. When you read his first stories he was far more mysterious than in Begins

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RustyRoy

Prefer the comic version but the movie version is awesome too.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: actually i do think he is reason being there he hases in interesting motivation thats this: fighting crime the problem he willing to go overboard but in comics is easeir to explane hes an eco terroist wich makes no sense with what he does in his spare time running a league of assassins that are all aparently eco terroist to this is why i like the movie version better cause there thing actually make sense

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#16 frozen  Moderator

@frozen: actually i do think he is reason being there he hases in interesting motivation thats this: fighting crime the problem he willing to go overboard but in comics is easeir to explane hes an eco terroist wich makes no sense with what he does in his spare time running a league of assassins that are all aparently eco terroist to this is why i like the movie version better cause there thing actually make sense

I agree to some extent. I respect that people prefer the comic version, but I quite like Ra's being Bruce's equal.

Azrael_Online

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comic version is definitely Bette than the movie. In the. In the comics Ras is a genius with great vision, albeit messed up, whereas in the movie is just another villain really.

El_Taza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By El_Taza

He would be better if he wouldn't die.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@el_taza: and even better if Bruce didnt let him die

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.