Do you want Christian Bale to reprise the role of Batman?

• 54 results
#1 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1667 posts) - - Show Bio

I've just read that Christian Bale may reprise the role of Batman in the upcoming (yeah, right upcoming, when????) JLA movie. In the same article, I read that they want Nolan to direct this project. What say you, people? To be honest, I wanted something fresh, like L. Evans, but I like C. Bale, so, I'm ok with this. But, Nolan for JLA? Hmmm... A realistic version of JLA perhaps? One where everything is an allusion, an allegory and a symbolism...just kidding...

#2 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6464 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes I do. He was good as Batman TDKR was just a bad movie it has nothing against him. He also might have more of a Batgod role where he's always prepared, like Morrison's Batman or Batman from JL and JLU.

#3 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, he was great.

#4 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#5 Posted by SUNMAN (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

yes. My favorite Batman. And the most Iconic Batman.

If you want a Justice League movie to work, or even a Superman movie, Christian Bale would do a great job reprising Bruce Wayne He's a great Oscar winning actor.

#6 Edited by k4tzm4n (34930 posts) - - Show Bio

No, I do not. I think he did a fine job with the role, but I'd prefer if Nolan's trilogy ended with TDKR, and, if anything, Man of Steel was used to help tease Justice League.

Oh, and no one specifically said Nolan would direct. They (Latino Review) just said he'd produce / essentially be the creative consultant.

Staff
#7 Posted by MrShway88 (679 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want Bale to return but many people do and view him as the Batman of today. I would also prefer if they had some actual comic book writers work on the script and directing of the film.

#8 Posted by comicdude23 (11331 posts) - - Show Bio

@ULTRAstarkiller said:

Yes I do. He was good as Batman TDKR was just a bad movie it has nothing against him. He also might have more of a Batgod role where he's always prepared, like Morrison's Batman or Batman from JL and JLU.

TDKR was amazing, second to TDK in the trilogy.

#9 Posted by comicdude23 (11331 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah. This is coming from a Nolan fan-boy, I want to see someone new.

#10 Posted by Aiden Cross (15526 posts) - - Show Bio

I like him. But i always love to see someone new take on a role. :)

#11 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6464 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23: Batman Begins was second Rises was last.

#12 Edited by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

He did a great job as Batman and the Nolan series is great. But I would really love to have a new, fresh take on the character, including a new actor.

#13 Posted by comicdude23 (11331 posts) - - Show Bio

@ULTRAstarkiller said:

@comicdude23: Batman Begins was second Rises was last.

Nah. Begins felt weak compared to the last two.

#14 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6464 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23: TDKR was the worst to me it had a lot of plot holes.

#15 Posted by gettogaara (164 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, my only problem with Christian Bale in a JLA movie would be the way he fights. I mean the Nolan trilogy is a more realistic spin on Batman and due to that he doesn't fight a great deal like the Batman of the comics. In DKR we barely saw him use any gadgets. So yeah, even though I did enjoy him in the Batman movies, I'm not sure how well he would work out in a movie next to Superman and the others.

Then again if they're trying to do something like the Avengers where they all had their own movies and consider Nolan's trilogy Batman's entry then it would be weird for them to just switch him out with someone else.

#16 Posted by comicdude23 (11331 posts) - - Show Bio

@ULTRAstarkiller said:

@comicdude23: TDKR was the worst to me it had a lot of plot holes.

There were flaws. But I've seen a-lot of these ''plot-holes'' be debunked many times before. Most of them aren't even plot-holes, as they didn't affect the plot like a plot-hole does. Batman Begins had the same complaints with the microwave emitter but that didn't stop that from being a great movie.

#17 Posted by TheCannon (19431 posts) - - Show Bio

While I did like him, no. The Nolan/Bale movies should not be connected to JL in anyway.

#18 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

No, I do not. I think he did a fine job with the role, but I'd prefer if Nolan's trilogy ended with TDKR, and, if anything, Man of Steel was used to help tease Justice League.

Oh, and no one specifically said Nolan would direct. They (Latino Review) just said he'd produce / essentially be the creative consultant.

This.

#19 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

While I did like him, no. The Nolan/Bale movies should not be connected to JL in anyway.

well, thats the way many people think its gonna go though ...

#20 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1667 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Are you sure about Nolan? I know what I read. I'll take a look again when I'll find some time. But I'm quite certain I read about Nolan directing it.

#21 Edited by k4tzm4n (34930 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phaedrusgr: 200%. El never used the word "director or direct" in his scoop. He just claims Nolan will be behind DC's films ("godfathering"/producing), which if anything would make him a creative consultant (like Mark Millar with Fox). COULD he direct? Sure, it's possible, but that was never mentioned in last night's scoop.

Staff
#22 Posted by StrangeMan (411 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope not, I was never that fond with Bale, my personal favorite Batman still remains to be Michael Keaton.

Besides, it'll probably be confusing for the casual viewers to see Bale as Batman in the JL movie, being that if he does end up as Batman again, it won't be the same Batman.

#23 Posted by SupBatz (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

Bale was good in the Nolan trilogy but I definitely think we can do better. I'd like to see someone new take the role. Perhaps a bit less well-known actor.

#24 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1667 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: I see. I read it from another source, whose author misunderstood obviously what the original article meant. Thanks for clarifying it!

#25 Posted by k4tzm4n (34930 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phaedrusgr: You're welcome.

Staff
#26 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio

Christian Bale to play Batman in the Justice League movie? No thank you. He's a fine actor but I want someone fresh and new that will fit the atmosphere of the new JLA movie.

@gettogaara said:

Honestly, my only problem with Christian Bale in a JLA movie would be the way he fights. I mean the Nolan trilogy is a more realistic spin on Batman and due to that he doesn't fight a great deal like the Batman of the comics. In DKR we barely saw him use any gadgets. So yeah, even though I did enjoy him in the Batman movies, I'm not sure how well he would work out in a movie next to Superman and the others.

Then again if they're trying to do something like the Avengers where they all had their own movies and consider Nolan's trilogy Batman's entry then it would be weird for them to just switch him out with someone else.

This. Nolan Batman is just too realistic to fit in an Avengers type movie. Hawkeye and Black Widow were both fleshed out and were doing things normal humans probably wouldn't be able to do.

#27 Posted by Vance Astro (91406 posts) - - Show Bio

Keaton>Bale.

#28 Posted by The_Tree (7952 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. Connecting the Dark Knight trilogy to the Justice League would not only weaken TDKR, but weaken the start of a cinematic universe as well. You don't want to start off a movieverse where four of Batman's villains are already dead, and Nolan's realistic tone doesn't fit with Justice League at all.

#29 Posted by 2ndKentucky (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't using Bale be a total unraveling of the ending to the Nolan Trilogy?

"I have finally found the peace that I have always wanted and given all my stuff to a non-rich cop. But I guess I just want to be in the Justice League, I guess I'll come back. . ."

#30 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1667 posts) - - Show Bio

@StrangeMan: That's my main problem with the Bale concept...I must admit I liked him (apart from some tragic moments I couldn't stand him), but as I mentionned above, I'd like something fresh, like Luke Evans for example.

#31 Posted by Avenger85 (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh hell yeah.

#32 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't want Nolan or Bale around !

#33 Posted by gotwillpower (679 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be fine with Bale if they can't get anyone better. I hope they make a new costume though.

#34 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

agree mich! better costume, especially his cowl... ugh...

#35 Posted by Bruxae (14008 posts) - - Show Bio

Why change something that works? Id love Bale as Batman once more, but keep Nolan out of Justice League. :(

#36 Posted by GST1976 (512 posts) - - Show Bio

I never understood why people think of Keaton as > Bale... Maybe as Bruce... But no way as the Bat, himself...

#37 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

Bales a cool guy, he could do a fine job in a JL movie i believe!

#38 Posted by DH69 (4193 posts) - - Show Bio

hated raspy voice batman, drop that **** and he's welcome back.

#39 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

@DH69 said:

hated raspy voice batman, drop that **** and he's welcome back.

agree :)

#40 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12533 posts) - - Show Bio

If we get a Batman Beyond or a Return movie, yes, if not i would rather have another actor.

#41 Posted by The Average Bear (2073 posts) - - Show Bio

Not saying I didn't like Bale as Batman but wouldn't Ray Stevenson make a cool Bruce Wayne? Maybe even Liev Schreiber if they made him up right

#42 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1667 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Average Bear: Ray Stevenson would be a great option!

#43 Posted by yo_yo_fun (639 posts) - - Show Bio

YES!!

And they want Christopher Nolan to produce Justice League, not direct.

#44 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1667 posts) - - Show Bio

@yo_yo_fun: Yeah, I know now. Producer/creative assultant

#45 Posted by BatWatch (3044 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. I'm done with Bale. Quite frankly, he was not great in the first place. That's not to say he was bad, but he did not wow me by any stretch of the imagination. The real issue is that nobody will be able to see Bale in that role without associating the new movie with The Dark Knight franchise, and those movies ended in such a way as to make continuation of that universe very difficult. Also, Bale will be showing age within the next ten years, so why start a new franchise with him?

Oh, and I assume somebody has mentioned by now that the Bale in the Justice League movie rumor has been debunked? Voilà!

#46 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

christian bale wasn't a bad batman at all, he was very IMO but id like someone new like matt damon.

#47 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2431 posts) - - Show Bio

Heck yes!! In my opinion Bale is Batman! He played the role perfectly.

#48 Posted by TDK_1997 (15075 posts) - - Show Bio

No.I liked him but we need something fresh.

#50 Edited by Evelynquinn (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I want C.Bale to play Batman, he is great.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.