Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23535 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Do you relate to Batman?

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Eternal19

I understand his pain and feel sorry for him, but i dont relate to him. like the title says do you find batman relatable?

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SandMan_

Not really. Like you said, I can understand his pain, its not something we can get over easy. But that won't make me dress up at night and beat up criminals.

mhanuroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mhanuroth

YEAH relate to batman is like relate to thor anybody really can do it

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MrShway88

I always wanted to jump off rooftops, fighting bad guys and bangin' hot chicks.

Seriously I never loved Batman cause I related to him. I look up to him. His determination and drive always amazes me. I honestly don't see how anyone can relate to any superhero. They go through things that no one ever does.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By batshrine

So I don't relate to him in tragic past or superheroism but I totally relate to him in sooo many ways.

Dedicated - He worked hard to get to where he was at, it didn't come easy and I have gone through many things where I had to dedicate my attention to to make sure I achieved my desired results.

Appearance - Batman has to show off many thing, he has to be perfect all the time or at least show infallibility for a moment of weakness would ruin him. I feel like I have those same pressures I feel like I also have to show perfection all the time, sure not the same life or death degree but same pressures apply. He also has an image to uphold, he can't let a smile crack through just like how I have to always show that I am always happy. We both slip up on that regard.

Alone - He enjoys his solitude sometimes, it allows him to think, I also do. He is also the most social superhero ever having the biggest family and been on way to many teams, I also am very social and can be with many people. I also feel like I need to tackle on certain projects alone, without any help, same with Batman.

Taking care of others - Batman does feel the need to make sure others are taken care of, just like he is the father of his family, I am the big brother of my group of friends (my "family").

Can't sustain a relationship - many partners, no relationship...nuff said

Intelligent - now I'm just being egotistical

Health - I try to emulate Batman in health, I don't drink alcohol, neither does he. I need to make sure I am in tip top shape, him for life or death purposes me just cause I want to look good (wow I'm vain).

Goes against the odds - No matter how many people get these crazy notions that Wolverine, Captain America, or Superman can beat us, we still somehow end up on top. Losing is not an option, especially to those who are endowed with certain privileges.

Don't like criminals - don't like criminals

Perceived as selfish - this usually comes from my family, but many think we are selfish even though give up so much. Just don't outwardly show it all the time.

Wealthy - not yet but I am totally gonna catch up :-P

Think we are always right - unfortunately sometimes (and I mean sometimes!) this forum might prove me wrong...

Serious - I am definitely becoming more this way the older I get.

But ya thats just a light list of how I feel like I can relate to Batman. He is a very relate-able character and he is also our dreams and wishes combined. Cause sure we wish we had Superman's powers but we know we don't have them which makes him totally unrelate-able. However with Batman we wish we could do what he could, and even though we can't we know he got to that point through effort, which is something we all know we could do. And this isn't the case with the superpowered ones, name the other non-powered superheros and see if you can relate to them even remotely.

Green Arrow - got stranded on an island and had to learn how to shoot and arrow or else he dies.

Robin - Had a mentor that taught him everything we know, or was in the circus, or was trained by a league of assassins, all but the first if we are VERY lucky are unrelate-able

Wildcat - Pro-athlete, how many of us are, and how many of us will become one if we train?

Blackhawks - Sure if you were in the military

Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) - Is a genius, did he train and study for years like Batman...nooooope

And ya I think this post is long enough..hope I made my point lol

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BlackWind

No.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@batshrine said:

So I don't relate to him in tragic past or superheroism but I totally relate to him in sooo many ways.

Dedicated - He worked hard to get to where he was at, it didn't come easy and I have gone through many things where I had to dedicate my attention to to make sure I achieved my desired results.

Appearance - Batman has to show off many thing, he has to be perfect all the time or at least show infallibility for a moment of weakness would ruin him. I feel like I have those same pressures I feel like I also have to show perfection all the time, sure not the same life or death degree but same pressures apply. He also has an image to uphold, he can't let a smile crack through just like how I have to always show that I am always happy. We both slip up on that regard.

Alone - He enjoys his solitude sometimes, it allows him to think, I also do. He is also the most social superhero ever having the biggest family and been on way to many teams, I also am very social and can be with many people. I also feel like I need to tackle on certain projects alone, without any help, same with Batman.

Taking care of others - Batman does feel the need to make sure others are taken care of, just like he is the father of his family, I am the big brother of my group of friends (my "family").

Can't sustain a relationship - many partners, no relationship...nuff said

Intelligent - now I'm just being egotistical

Health - I try to emulate Batman in health, I don't drink alcohol, neither does he. I need to make sure I am in tip top shape, him for life or death purposes me just cause I want to look good (wow I'm vain).

Goes against the odds - No matter how many people get these crazy notions that Wolverine, Captain America, or Superman can beat us, we still somehow end up on top. Losing is not an option, especially to those who are endowed with certain privileges.

Don't like criminals - don't like criminals

Perceived as selfish - this usually comes from my family, but many think we are selfish even though give up so much. Just don't outwardly show it all the time.

Wealthy - not yet but I am totally gonna catch up :-P

Think we are always right - unfortunately sometimes (and I mean sometimes!) this forum might prove me wrong...

Serious - I am definitely becoming more this way the older I get.

I completly agree with everything that was said here.

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FatihBATMAN

Completely agree with you batshrine

sammystorm75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By sammystorm75

I relate too him because i have a lot of pain in my life time by time and im dark and intimidating when i need too so i am related to him mentally and physiclly (well i am strong as night wing for now and i know ta-kwon-do and i know english and french and im learning italian and spanish and im doing good in my grades so yes i am related to him and im planning to be like him and im on my way of being rich and no my parents did not get kiled by a punk with a gun but i did have some pain alone and with my family and friends so yes i am.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By colonyofcells

I can't relate to Batman bec he is rich but I can relate to Ras Al Ghul.

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Stormbox

No

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More that with Superman, Wolverine and Spiderman.

Why Spiderman is now thew Dock Ock?

WHY?

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Onemoreposter

Of course. My billionaire rents were slain before my eyes in alley and on that day I swore vow to fight crime.

gettogaara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gettogaara

None of us can really relate to these guys beyond personality traits. I think most people relate to him just because he's a regular guy you know? It's not like Superman where he's just flying around looking down on everyone like "Lolz, I could probably blow up the planet right now." Even though he's one of my favorite heroes, I rarely find myself relating to him. I relate more to Jason Todd if I'm being honest.

Avatar image for shallbecomeabat
    Shallbecomeabat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Shallbecomeabat

Since my father died shortly after my birth and my mother was away most of my childhood, I could relate to that aspect of the character very much. For me personally , Bruce is the character I relate the most to in all of fiction. I am somebody who is known for a lot of brooding, I am not very open about my feelings and I find it very hard to show my love to people. When I have a goal I try to achieve it in a very unrelenting way, like Bruce does and I am also a bit arrogant sometimes, like he is. I am also a loner and can be very harsh to other people, even if I might not really mean to. Thats why I always loved Batman most and cannot relate to Peter Parker or Clark kent that well. I love both characters but see them more like someone I would like to share more attributes with. Emotionally Bruce has a lot of the same problems I have, so I understand his struggles with that very well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.