Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Do you pretend Damian doesn't exist?

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By redwingx

Am I alone or what!

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redwingx:

i trying...

Honestly... for my taste of Batman, he need Damian... just to die ! To put Batman again on darke edge of darkness - to be more brutal, with the meands that except of his parents, and his son die !!!

PotatoBaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, he's awesome.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. I do read Batman and Robin and his relationship with Bruce and some other bat family members is awesome but I just don't like him. He has some funny lines but batman having a son in canon just feels wrong to me. Especially since he's so young and still lives with him. The days of a robin running around the bat cave with Bruce and being a ten year old kid should be over. Grant Morrison wanted him dead and he should've stayed that way. Batman and Robin has been great all around but I'd actually much rather have that title be batman teaming up with random heroes every month.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

Xrated48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No he's a major character in the batman books specifically batman and robin

devitciiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

He's the best Robin.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#8  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

No. I accept him. He too much a a mKor character to just ignore.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Why would I?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

No Caption Provided

Joe_Chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Joe_Chill

Yes, I can't wait until he dies and Bruce has a breakdown muahahaha

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

No. Damian is to awesome. Yes he can be full of himself, however his character is still in development and he can greatly improve. Which he will, so I don't see why people dislike him. Just let the little man grow up first, so we can see where he turns out to be. Plus he is a major character, that adds another dimension to Bruce.

No Caption Provided

Father and Son FTW.

Kingthunder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kingthunder99
    batzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redwingx: No way, Damian is awesome. He's my favorite Robin by far. Although I hate the idea of Batman needing a Robin, having it being his son which was forced upon to him, makes it so much better than some random kid finding out Batman's secret (tim), or a randomly finding out the Batcave (dick), or Batman feeling sorry for some street kid who stole his batmobile tires (lol seriously). Damian as Robin makes so much more sense.

Besides, he's hilarious, his combination of arrogance and sloppyness is too awesome. Damian should be the last Robin, and they should just stick with him and make him grow as a character.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By dernman

As much as I love the character, he shouldn't have been brought to the new 52. Neither should Tim or Jason.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My biggest problem with Damian is that (at least pre new 52) it was never really explained why he joined the Batfamily.
    The first time Talia just gave him to Bruce without any good reason, and then he suddenly decried to fight with him against his mother. And the second time he was just suddenly staying at Wayne Manor after his father died. (Even in the "Son of Batman" Movie this was handled better than in the comics.)

And the other problem is that his existence contradicts several story arcs before, where Ras was trying to get a male heir.

@batzilla said:

@redwingx: No way, Damian is awesome. He's my favorite Robin by far. Although I hate the idea of Batman needing a Robin, having it being his son which was forced upon to him, makes it so much better than some random kid finding out Batman's secret (tim), or a randomly finding out the Batcave (dick), or Batman feeling sorry for some street kid who stole his batmobile tires (lol seriously). Damian as Robin makes so much more sense.

The Kid that randomly found the Batcave was iirc pre-crisis Jason, and post-crisis Jason did a little more than just stealing the tiers of the Batmobil before he became Robin. And inmo thier origin story make still more sense than Damians.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So does Batman.

No Caption Provided

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batzilla: I some what agree but I really liked the "under the red hood" movie so I'll let Jason go with a warning. That movie is what got me into comics and Batman

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yes, I don't like his character.

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By username12345

I just wish they would stop doing movies with him as the main focus. I want them todo more solo batman or superman movies and more Justice league stuff. I understand why he was the main character in son of Batman but why is the new one called Batman vs Robin, why not batman vs talons or batman court of owls or batman: war for gothum? We already have a batman vs robin movie; batman under the red hood, and it's awesome. And while I'm ranting about dc animated movies, why don't they make a batman vs bane film or a bane solo film? And why are they limiting themselves to new 52? Why not both new 52 and pre flashpoint? And make a new justice league cartoon with the same style as the new movies.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MuyJingo

I don't understand why people dislike Damian.

Yes, he is arrogant, but it is justified given how he was raised and what he is capable of. Seeing his amazing character development, into someone less arrogant and more empathetic has been incredible, and his arc is far from done.

I also find his arrogance pretty darn funny most of the time.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for harlequinofhearts
    HarlequinOfHearts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So does Batman.

No Caption Provided

I honestly hate it how they made a new character instead of introducing Terry into the mainstream universe.

batzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz said:

My biggest problem with Damian is that (at least pre new 52) it was never really explained why he joined the Batfamily.

The first time Talia just gave him to Bruce without any good reason, and then he suddenly decried to fight with him against his mother. And the second time he was just suddenly staying at Wayne Manor after his father died. (Even in the "Son of Batman" Movie this was handled better than in the comics.)

And the other problem is that his existence contradicts several story arcs before, where Ras was trying to get a male heir.

@batzilla said:

The Kid that randomly found the Batcave was iirc pre-crisis Jason, and post-crisis Jason did a little more than just stealing the tiers of the Batmobil before he became Robin. And inmo thier origin story make still more sense than Damians.

Their origin story does not make more sense than Damians'. That a bunch of kids are able to find out Batman's secret, who is a master detective / planner / strategist and who goes through great lengths to hide his secret, it just absurd.

That Damian knows how Batman is through Ra's and Talia Al Ghul make a heck of alot more sense. Also, Damian has been trained as a ninja / martial artist by the very best, ever since his birth, so it at least make sense that Batman would allow that he tag along dangerous, life threatening missions, because Damian is certainly capable.

It never made sense to me how such a smart person as Batman would allow some random tweens face off against killers and supervillains, lol.

batzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo said:

I don't understand why people dislike Damian.

Yes, he is arrogant, but it is justified given how he was raised and what he is capable of. Seeing his amazing character development, into someone less arrogant and more empathetic has been incredible, and his arc is far from done.

I also find his arrogance pretty darn funny most of the time.

I agree, I never understood the dislike. His arrogance is hilarious most of the time, and watching his growth as a character has been awesome.

Avatar image for quinnofthestoneage
    QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zelos797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

He's awesome...but that comes from a guy who never read any New 52 material with him yet.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Damian Wayne is continuation of stories of Batman-Talia-Ra's Al Ghul during Denny O'neill. So the foundation core have been built for long long time. Grant Morrison just continue the story that have been forgotten by many people thus Damian is created

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But this was an elseworld story and Morrison ignored the ending. And Damian is at least the third incarnation of the Son of Batman and Talia after Tallant and Ibn al Xu'ffasch.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batzilla:

Their origin story does not make more sense than Damians'. That a bunch of kids are able to find out Batman's secret, who is a master detective / planner / strategist and who goes through great lengths to hide his secret, it just absurd.

Dick and Jason didn't find out, Batman just told them (at least in most versions of their Origin Stories). And they all had at least a motivation to become Robin. In Damians case there was actually no logic reason why Talia presented him to Bruce and Damians Motivation to join the "Batfamily" (especially since Bruce was dead and he didn't knew or respected Dick at this time) was never really explained.

selfproclaimed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no he's ok, its funny when he used to clash with dick and currently with bruce, seeing his character grow is nice

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz said:

But this was an elseworld story and Morrison ignored the ending. And Damian is at least the third incarnation of the Son of Batman and Talia after Tallant and Ibn al Xu'ffasch.

I didn't know this.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@harlequinofhearts: No way they would let you see Terry, letting you know there is a future without Bruce Wayne as Batman is heresy.

Also Terry its too mainstream for Grant Morrison, the Lex Luthor Joker Hipster!!!

Avatar image for harlequinofhearts
    HarlequinOfHearts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: I mean Terry needs to be trained. So it makes sense he would be Robin before becoming Batman amirite?

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: I mean Terry needs to be trained. So it makes sense he would be Robin before becoming Batman amirite?

Batman Beyond doesnt work that way.

The great thign about Terry was the fact he was never Robin and wa allowed to be his own person by the fact he never met Batman until he was too old.

Grant Morrison didnt use Terry for that reason, but he forget that was the same reason Damian Wayne worked in his elseworld story.

Damian as Robin take away his chance to became hiw own Batman, Terry should be Batman but not under Bruce Wayne terms.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.