Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23648 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Do you like Bane in The Dark Knight Rises?

• 60 results
    Bauldrere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Bauldrere

Yes!

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Um duh. Nolan Bane >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Comic Bane

Um no.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

Terrific villain, terrific portrayal, terrific film.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd say they are about equal.

@farkam said:

Yes, though for the most part I found his voice humorous instead of intimidating. He rocked the role if it wasn't for him the movie would be a total failure as far as I am concerned.

So many things wrong with that second sentence it's funny.

Not really.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
    deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashknight said:

Um no.

Im going to agree with @flashknight. Most comic book characters are corny to some extent, but classic LUCHADOR Bane goes a little too far into that category.

Whereas, Hardy Bane is super intimidating and is the only character besides Ras who outmatched Bruce. He is the most threatening comic book villain ever on film.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

@flashknight said:

Um no.

Im going to agree with

@flashknight

. Most comic book characters are corny to some extent, but classic LUCHADOR Bane goes a little too far into that category.

Whereas, Hardy Bane is super intimidating and is the only character besides Ras who outmatched Bruce. He is the most threatening comic book villain ever on film.

Nah comic Bane is not lucha at all,you're confusing him with Cartoon Bane,he crushed this poor guys head with his foot.

No Caption Provided

I do admit though that Hardy's Bane was improved visually,so it certainly helps to destroy the Bane is a Mexican wrestler perception that's been floating around for too long.But in terms of character Bane and Joker were the closest to their comicbook counterparts in the entire trilogy.For those 2 guys Nolan incorporated virtually every aspect that have come to define the them over the years.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought he was an awesome villain, and he truly seemed unstoppable throughout most of the movie. Didn't really like how they turned Talia into the real mastermind behind the plan, though Bane obviously had some strategic intelligence as he was the field commander for the League. Hated how he died, such an anticlimactic ending. I may be the only one who feels this way, but I honestly liked this version of Bane better than his comics version.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no. they should have used riddler

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes and No !!!

ghinzdra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane comic version is not exactly a scene stealer.... Most people would be hard pressed to find any story he s in worthy to be remembered besides Knightfall. Now I did find him an interesting character in Secret Six but even then every 3-4 issues Gail Simone made someone tell him " remind them of the man who broke the Bat" which kind of seal the deal about who he is : a gaudy character always one scene away from riding a giraffe,a one pony trick that has been riding the tail of his 15 seconds of fame for the last 20 years.

Now Hardy Bane is hard to completely dismiss as there is something about him that is truely intimading. The husky voice is kind of love it or hate it deal. As for me it kind of grates on my nerves but I can deal with it. I m still wondering though how it would have been had his voice been deeper and lower as his towering figure suggested. However there is no denying that his plan (or Talias) is massively stupid and incredibly lacking in logic. Unfortunetaly for all the great things Nolan series had, he was unable to build his characters as truely impressive men. His Batman is a glorified thug and a couple of forensic scenes dont sell him in a convincing way as a great detective. The same goe for Bane whose physic is impressive but who fail to convince me as a tactician. The exchange between Daggett and Bane ("you re pure evil!") sends the latter back to being a cartoonish villain.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes,TDKR Bane and AO Bane are the only 2 versions of Bane in mainstream media that matter. The rest are either mediocre or terrible. TDKR is the best because even AO was inspired by TDKR.

@jphulk26 said:

no. they should have used riddler

That's not for you to decide, they had a story in mind and Bane worked best for that story.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.