Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Do You consider New52 HarleyQuin title canon?

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
    blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By blackhawk000111

I consider it non canon.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Why?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3 dernman  Online

Loosely.

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
    blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

Why?

In a recent issue she kill a lady in a show and nobody notice it including Bruce Wayne.

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
    deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From her god awful redesign to the lack of understanding of the character, I'd rather pretend New 52 Harley doesn't exist at all.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

Why?

In a recent issue she kill a lady in a show and nobody notice it including Bruce Wayne.

Well, Bruce is only (Meta)Human. He probably doesn't have super senses, so maybe he just didn't notice? I don't know how it went down though, but you're free to think that.

Personally, I wouldn't think the occasional moment of odd writing is enough to call a series non-canon. Besides, it's a pretty solid series from what I've read of it. Good change of pace.

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

For some weird reason I don't consider it canon either and I no clue why I do.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

Why?

Eh, it happens. Batman has persuaded people to commit suicide and that stuff's canon too.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I'd love to see a scan^

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't care if the writers say it's canon, in my head it's not.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is definitely canon and I like this new Harley very much. She's very carefree and fun. Grown a lot from being jokers sidekick.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MuyJingo

@saren: When has Batman (canonically) persuaded people to have them commit suicide?

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By primebonnick

At times

GLEmerald924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I don't read it, so I don't consider it at all.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo said:

@saren: When has Batman (canonically) persuaded people to have them commit suicide?

When he and Superman fought the Composite Superman, they didn't have any physical means to stop him, so Batman preyed on psychological weaknesses instead. He kept talking to him about how insane it would be to lead the lives of both Superman and Batman, how complicated and nerve-wracking his existence would become, and it affected the Composite Superman so much that he tore himself in half just to stop hearing it. Apart from that there was a bit in Morrison's run where Batman reveals his identity to Joe Chill and then hands Chill a gun to kill himself with after he realizes that every criminal in Gotham will come for him once they know he was the one who created Batman. But that whole thing takes place in this fever dream with real moments mixed in with fake ones, and it's left up to the reader to decide whether it's real or not.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

@muyjingo said:

When he and Superman fought the Composite Superman, they didn't have any physical means to stop him, so Batman preyed on psychological weaknesses instead. He kept talking to him about how insane it would be to lead the lives of both Superman and Batman, how complicated and nerve-wracking his existence would become, and it affected the Composite Superman so much that he tore himself in half just to stop hearing it. Apart from that there was a bit in Morrison's run where Batman reveals his identity to Joe Chill and then hands Chill a gun to kill himself with after he realizes that every criminal in Gotham will come for him once they know he was the one who created Batman. But that whole thing takes place in this fever dream with real moments mixed in with fake ones, and it's left up to the reader to decide whether it's real or not.

I haven't read that annual, but that's interesting about composite superman. Is it clear Batman is trying to get him to destroy himself, or just trying to distract him? Did he feel/show guilt?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo said:

@saren said:

@muyjingo said:

I haven't read that annual, but that's interesting about composite superman. Is it clear Batman is trying to get him to destroy himself, or just trying to distract him? Did he feel/show guilt?

At the end of it Batman says "There was no other way to destroy him", so I'm guessing he meant to. Didn't really show much guilt about it.

No Caption Provided

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for quinnofthestoneage
    QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti said that they weren't sure whether it was cannon or not...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.