Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Do we need new Batman movies for the JL movieverse?

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Edited By Kal'smahboi

Poll Do we need new Batman movies for the JL movieverse? (44 votes)

Yes 50%
    No 25%
    Yes, but they should come later in the series 25%

What do you think? Do we need new Batman movies to go along with the (hopefully) upcoming Justice League movies, or should we just assume that people know the story and move on with other characters?

• 
    MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MuyJingo

Without a doubt. A Batman who is a detective and doesn't kill people would be most welcome.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

No.I would like to see Batman movies after the JLA movie.To see how things are up for him.His view on the world.How things have changed and things like that.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can use batman movies to help promote JL movies. Iron Man was a success which did help the Avengers movie take off.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kal'smahboi

@colonyofcells: Yes, but I believe that the Nolan movies would do just that, without starting a whole new reboot. People would get excited about any movie with Batman in it.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Batman movie could have ties to Justice League movies if the anti-vigilante government sends a meta to arrest or kill Batman and could even have Lex in a Batman movie.

roboadmiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'd like to see them get the other Justice League members off the ground first, but a few years down the road, I'd be disappointed if everyone but Batman got their own movie.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kal'smahboi

@roboadmiral: Yeah, I know what you mean. But I agree, everyone else needs their shot now. I think TDK trilogy will do it's job and get people hyped up for some JL movies. Heck, here's an idea: The Justice League movie could work AS Batman's movie (or his first one.) What if he gathered the group? His real application in the group is organization and strategy anyway, right?

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't mind a new Batman movie as long as it isn't another origin story, everyone all over the world even people in little mud huts know how Batman got started. But I would definitely prefer movies about the other characters more.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I think Bale should be in the movies. I know he was weak compared to actual heroes, but it didn't seem like Batman in the animated series could be with the league but he was badass in JL and JLU.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell yea, but after the JL movie. However if Man of Steel tanks then a Batman movie first. He is after all DC's tried and true hero.

@kal_smahboi I liked the idea of him starting the League being its leader, etc. But should he do more than he does in the Justice League comic. He should written more like the animated series.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I'm always open to more Batman movies. I'd rather (for this particular series) that they come later on after the JL film has already been released. So long as each movie is unique and enjoyable I'd be fine if we saw 100 new Batman films.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2013 : Superman 1. 2014 : Batman 1, Justice League 1.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By fodigg

Yes, but don't rush it.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Batman should get a Tv show that explores him and other to explore the Batfamily, then after the JL franchise gets to his end, we get the nes movie franchise, in some point of 202x.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Regardless of whether we need them or not, we're going to get them. And we'll go see them.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nolan 's universe didn't contain anything metaphysic.

IMO we need a new Batman movie reboot,with a lot more action and superhuman stuff,but it shouldn't actually miss the detective part, before making the JLA movie.

I think they should make a movie like the Arkham series.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yes a new movie, with a not so stiff Batman.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am the only person in the universe that wants a Batman that fits the Man of Steel/Arrow type world, more fantasy but not over the top and bizarre like Arkham games, i mean the games are awesome games, but the writting wasnt that great and would suck as a movie.

I like a Batman that dont feel out of place when he works with Superman and the Arkham one would feel out of place.

Also Nolan made a detective Batman, it was the most boring parts of TDK, so less detective Batman and more of Martial Artist Batman please.

PopRock123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved the Nolan films but I kinda want a Batman who is less realistic and more similar to the comics.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved the Nolan films but I kinda want a Batman who is less realistic and more similar to the comics.

What comics?

Bacause that could mean he goes screaming at the people:

I AM THE GODDAMN BATMAN!!!

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RustyRoy

I'd like the next Batman to debut in JL movie, his role should be like Hulk in the Avengers, a mysterious man in the 1st half and a complete badass monster in the next half.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Of course we all want another Batman reboot. the Dark Knight Trilogy is not a 'Batman' movie, I can say...it's more like a modern day hero movie. It's way too realistic to fit into the JLU...

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Give me a Batman like the one in the Arkham series. Have his fight scenes play out like the Bourne series or Ip Man.

It'll be the best Batman movie series ever.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

I'd love to see a Batman movie like the Arkham Games. To me they were the perfect blend between fantasy and realism and it would be amazing to see that translated to the big screen.

Also I'd love to see a Batman film with actual Martial arts. Batman is one of the best hand to hand fighters in the DCU and so far none of the films have capitalized on that, not even in the Nolan trilogy. Seriously, if you look at the way Batman fights in both the Burton or Nolan movies he fights no better than the thugs he's up against. So yeah, next film should definitely show us some actual martial arts IMO.

However, I think they should wait a good number of years to reboot Batman so people won't get the new movies mixed up with Nolan's trilogy.

mhanuroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_claw: in nolan he tried to be realistic and he was one of the best fighters in that world

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
    mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yes and they need to bring it out before the Justice League movie,just like with any other of the heroes who will appear,I mean this will be a new Batman so it would work well to get to know his character and what type of Batman he is.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

: @black_claw: Shumacher movies use those ideas, people hate him for that reason. also Arkham would suck as movies, since is a video game and is made to work as a video game, not as a movie, it would be like making Halo The Movie exactly as the video game.

Also, people forget that Martial Arts movie since the 2000 are less dancing and more hard hitting, only Hollywood uses this dancing techniques, because are less dangerous.

Also the last scene in TDK show Batman taking down a Swat team by himself, not some random aliens we dont know how good they are, but Swat guys, guys that you know are amazing in their job, he outsmart them and outfight them.

The scene show how good Batman was at his prime, Bane could take him down for the fact Batman has health problems.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.