Do I need play Arkham asylum before Arkham city?

#1 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I want play Arkham City but I haven't played the first, Is it required or u need play it to understand something or has a complicate continuity??

Please answer me before I buy it (if I found it for PC in my town)

#2 Posted by Dakotax6 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, I would very much recommend that.

#3 Posted by Zur_En_Arrh (26 posts) - - Show Bio

I would, you'd be missing a lot.

#4 Posted by Dakotax6 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, after playing Arkham Asylum. You need to know what happens between the two games. The graphic novel "Batman: Arkham City" covers what happens between the two games. If you don't wanna buy it, I read an article here on comicvine called something along the lines "What you need to know before playing Arkham City." It pretty much covers the basic stuff that happens in the book.

#5 Edited by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

No you don't need to. I would but it's not necissary. I do suggest you read up on all the bat foes if your not familiar alot pop up.

I'm glad i had the forsight to read up on mad hatter before playing no idea he'd be there

#6 Posted by GamerGeek360 (251 posts) - - Show Bio

I would recommend playing Asylum first. It's not necessary I guess, but it's definitely worth doing. The stories will be connected and Asylum is an amazing game that will make you appreciate the changes in City even more.

#7 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

As the others have said, it's not essential, but it's highly-recommended.

#8 Posted by MedioCORE (11 posts) - - Show Bio

You'd be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't play Arkham Asylum. Both AA and AC are incredible games.

#9 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

My problem is that I'm pretty lazy :D but if u say is worth play it, I will get it ;) [Obviously play it too]

#10 Posted by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

Basically if you can afford the time, it is well worth it... in many respects, you can regard the entire game as an early quest in the story of Arkham City if you'd like. If you're not looking for beyond the main story completion, you can finish the game in decent time. If you have time to spare, it can keep you well occupied and entertained.

But in terms of story... if you understand that the Asylum is gone... the City has replaced it... you're basically good to go. The rest of the details could easily be sussed out.

#11 Posted by The Impersonator (5508 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty much yes. Because AC is the sequel to the first game. You'll miss out the good story if you play the second game first.

#12 Posted by Neverpraying (1465 posts) - - Show Bio

Arkham Asylum is part of the plot of Arkham City.

And well A.A. is at this point pretty cheap, and an amazing game. So get it play it and then beat Arkham city, which is also a amazing game.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.