Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23648 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

DKR novelization reveals Joker's what happened to Joker, I think

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Tyrus

I started a similar topic last week - but according to the novelization, “Now that the Dent Act had made it all but impossible for the city’s criminals to cop an insanity plea, it (Blackgate Prison) had replaced Arkham Asylum as a preferred location for imprisoning both convicted and suspected felons. The worst of the worst were sent here, except for the Joker, who, rumor had it, was locked away as Arkham’s sole remaining inmate. Or perhaps he had escaped. Nobody was really sure. Not even Selina.”

- Well, at least they had an okay, explanation - people said that they were glad he didn't appear in the film by being replaced or just a stand in... Now that I think about it, I'm glad too -

R.I.P. Heath

http://nukethefridge.com/2012/07/24/the-jokers-whereabouts-discovered-during-the-dark-knight-rises/?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_27265

EDIT: Just noticed the title :/

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By jwalser3

Really glad you posted this :D

But like you said it's okay.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By moywar700

novels are non-canon.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jwalser3

@moywar700:I didn't know that. Can I ask why?

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By moywar700

@jwalser3 said:

@moywar700:I didn't know that. Can I ask why?

because it's not the movie?

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tyrus

@moywar700: Yeah - but even though it's not canon it still continues from Dark Knight - even though THAT novelization wasn't canon either.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jwalser3

@moywar700:Weird because isn't the novelization just the movie but in book form?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By danhimself

I like to think that the novelizations are like the Director's Cut where they can go into much further detail on what the characters are thinking and the motivations behind their actions. One of my favorite novelizations is the one for Kingdom Come where during the battle between Captain Marvel and Superman they reveal that the reason why Superman has always been vulnerable to magic is because he simply never believed in it and the moment that he does start to believe is when the battle turns and he's able to get the upper hand for a moment

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By moywar700

@Tyrus said:

@moywar700: Yeah - but even though it's not canon it still continues from Dark Knight - even though THAT novelization wasn't canon either.

you guys can believe whatever you want but I won't accept it unless Nolan or state that it's canon.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.