Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23505 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

did batman brake his code in the end of the dark knight?

ultimatejones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ultimatejones

Did Batman brake his code in the end of The Dark Knight? His one rule was not to kill but he tackled Harvey Dent off a sie of a building. Did that have to happen? I understand lettting Ra's die, Ra's had the league of shadows at his hands and was able to distroy the city plus didnt really kill him, he just didnt save him. I just feel a little uncomfortable at the thougt of him braking his code.

parkhurrst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By parkhurrst

Batman didnt know for sure that the fall would kill Harvey Dent. He wasnt trying to kill him just save the lives of Commissioner Gordon and his family. This has happened in the past too. Batman has accidentally killed and in certain series it has driven him almost to the point of insanity because of his accidents because he feels that it is his fault and he could have prevented it, in this situation he didnt have a choice and it wasnt murder, it was accidental.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By sinestro_GL

I was uncomfortable that Two-Face was in the movie for like 10mins.

battlexlordx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By battlexlordx

I think that was an accident, he tackled Harvey but he didn't think that he would fall. What i find interesting is the end of batman begins though. You are right he didn't kill him. but not saving some one seems kid of funny in its own way; If you think about it he doesn't need to save the other wack jobs that kill people. It could be a trend.

Batman and the joker are on top of a building the joker is loses he's footing and Batman goes " I won't kill you but i don't have to save you". and lets him fall.

Or Batman and Mr. freeze are having a confrontation and freeze's helmet thing breaks and batman just kind of goes " you know I don't feel like saving you." ect.

It would really save him time and energy.

superbatprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By superbatprime

At that point it wasn't an issue of the fall being lethal or not... it was about saving the maximum number of innocent lives.

The needs of the many and all that.

tbh Nolan's Batman is constantly on the edge of that "fall" which I suspect is kinda the point.

I'm sure in TDKR we'll see another death that while Bats was not directly the cause of... it'll still blur that line a bit.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

I am the only one that belives, that Harvey could fall and survive?

I mean, didnt look that huge of a jump, it looks more like Harvey hit his head at the end and that what kill him, not the fall.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nickzambuto

Batman didn't mean to kill him, he reflexively tackled Harvey off the building to save Gordon's son. It was a reflex, not him consciously choosing to kill.

Magneto14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Magneto14

Although Batman didn't intend to kill Dent, he nevertheless did, thus breaking his code. And this is exactly what the Joker wanted him to do...

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By htb106

@battlexlordx said:

I think that was an accident, he tackled Harvey but he didn't think that he would fall. What i find interesting is the end of batman begins though. You are right he didn't kill him. but not saving some one seems kid of funny in its own way; If you think about it he doesn't need to save the other wack jobs that kill people. It could be a trend.

Batman and the joker are on top of a building the joker is loses he's footing and Batman goes " I won't kill you but i don't have to save you". and lets him fall.

Or Batman and Mr. freeze are having a confrontation and freeze's helmet thing breaks and batman just kind of goes " you know I don't feel like saving you." ect.

can you imagine if that happened, he'd have no enemies and he'd spend his time googling himself, messing up guy gardener's wikipedia page and watching the 60's batman

i'd pay double for that comic

battlexlordx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By battlexlordx

@htb106 said:

@battlexlordx said:

can you imagine if that happened, he'd have no enemies and he'd spend his time googling himself, messing up guy gardener's wikipedia page and watching the 60's batman

i'd pay double for that comic

Lol he would be watching youtube vids of him self in his batunderwear and be all like" aaawww yeah did you see that two face tackle, that was awesome!!! I AM BATMAN "

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.