Did any of you liked The Dark Knight Strikes Again?

#1 Posted by Squalleon (4610 posts) - - Show Bio

Did you like it? I thought it was horrible.From the art to the story everything was bad!

If you liked it could you please tell me why?

#2 Posted by chalkshark (1189 posts) - - Show Bio

Are we talking about the sequel to Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns? If so, then... no. I did not care for it. While it's unlikely that any continuation could have lived up to the hopes and expectations of the fan base (see also Star Wars & Watchmen prequels), there was a severe tonal shift in the material that made it too incongruous with the Dark Knight Returns. It was less a story about Batman and more a travelogue of the DC Universe, answering "Whatever Happened To" questions regarding DC's Silver Age line of characters. Some of that stuff was interesting... I particularly liked the Atom's tale.. but overall, it was superfluous, and came across like fan service. The character assassination of Robin and the Elongated Man seem particularly mean-spirited.

#3 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

Hahahahahaha. Worst comic ever made. EVER. It might as well have been piles of dog crap thrown onto white paper and written by Helen Keller. So no, I did not like it.

#4 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a let down but I have read far worse comics, I'm looking at you AVX

#5 Posted by Skewer (325 posts) - - Show Bio

When I first heard about it I thought the hatred was overhyped and that it couldn't be as bad as its made out to be, then I read it and I gotta say it really is that bad and the fans are not exaggerating.

#6 Posted by Nightwing4 (364 posts) - - Show Bio

I felt it incorporated too many drastically altered characters to be a tight compelling storyline. I could have done without shapeshifting joker Dick Grayson, as well. He is the equivalent of what X-Men Origins did to Deadpool. But even worse.

#7 Posted by neale7 (124 posts) - - Show Bio

I think i'm the only one who does like it. I like the overall story. The breaking out of the atom and flash. The beat down superman gets from the other heroes. Superman realising batman was right, and that taking drastic action is the only way forward. Hal Jordan's return at the end. I like the art too. Yes it's very different to the dark knight returns but i think that is what makes its cool. I think if Dark Knight Strikes Again would have been released say 2-4 years after DKR, i don't think people would have that much of a problem with it. But being that it was done 15years later, and having many great batman stories inbetween that shaped the character even more, people took a dislike to this story.

#8 Posted by Z3RO180 (6552 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like any of frank millers comics. But his movies are pretty badass

#9 Posted by Inverno (13221 posts) - - Show Bio

That was the start of Frank Miller's insanity. I sorta liked the first issue when I first read, but looking back, that was the least worst from the three. The book itself is just as bad everyone claims it is.

#10 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

That was the start of Frank Miller's insanity. I sorta liked the first issue when I first read, but looking back, that was the least worst from the three. The book itself is just as bad everyone claims it is.

Implying Frank Miller wasn't always insane.

#11 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the part where Plastic Man turns into a toilet and flushes someone down himself.  

#12 Posted by Inverno (13221 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@CaioTrubat said:

Implying Frank Miller wasn't always insane.

Well, that means it was becoming apparent to everyone at that point. ASBAR really close the deal and convinced everyone Frank Miller was cuckoo.

#13 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

I didnt even like the first one. So, i definitly wasnt going to get the second

#14 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it! im reading the first one now! wanna read it before watching it!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.