Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Detroit the New Gotham

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In Christopher Nolan’s “Dark Knight” film trilogy, Gotham City was portrayed by Chicago, New York and Pittsburgh. Scenes from these cities were sometimes used simultaneously in the movies.

According to Latino Review, however, Detroit just might be the new home of the fictional city protected by the Dark Knight. The Review’s sources said the film’s production team has scouted locations for it in the Motor City. Currently offering hefty tax incentives for movies shot there, Motown is also the location of Michael Bay’s next untitled “Transformers” sequel, aka “Transformers 4.”

The Review’s sources also mentioned that Morocco was being considered for desert scenes in the film. The North African country was used to depict Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, in “Sex and the City 2” and Mombasa, Kenya in “Inception,” as noted by CinemaBlend.com. The desert could serve as the perfect place for either Bruce Wayne or Lex Luther to discover kryptonite, the Latino Review speculated.

More facts about the film will be presented in coming months, though, so Gotham’s location will most likely be revealed soon. There is no guarantee Detroit will be the new home of Batman’s Gotham City, but the possibility is still positive news for the struggling city.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Amazingly some time ago i said to a friend, if i was the director of Batman movies i would use the rust belt as Gotham.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Also i said México DF, my city, looks exactly like Gotham, there is a bunch of poor zones and rich zones, and Art Deco.

Some times i belive Batman is going to attack me in the streets.

http://chaos-dark-lord.deviantart.com/art/Hetalia-Mexico-city-is-a-hell-260443866

This explains why it living in Gotham.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Avatar image for marionettegeist
    Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Marionettegeist

They announced this a while ago.

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/features/123793.html

But yeah I think Detroit could make a pretty good Gotham, no offense to Detroit.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

@lifeofvibe said:

@deathpoolthet1000: let a real batman protect this god forsaken city

He is too busy saving France, they made a facebook campaing so he saved them, he says he will go to Detroit next.

Also i think he was retired, until he find out that people was too dumb to save their own cities and Superman and the Avengers cause more chaos that they should.

Loading Video...

México city another Gotham City, just less poor and with way more people.

Avatar image for marionettegeist
    Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: let a real batman protect this god forsaken city

Batman - "I'm the hero they deserve but not the one they need right now, they need Superman, I'm going back to Gotham where its safe."

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.